October 2, 2014 | 972 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

HG status here. I've been using this mascara for about 6 months. I have stick straight eyelashes so a mascara that can hold a curl is a must. A couple crimps on the eyelash curler, apply mascara (1-2 coats), and done. While this mascara doesn't build volume, it does hold a curl, while making your eyelashes look very natural. Definitely a good every day mascara and it holds the curl all day.

Unless they reformulate, I finally don't need to look for a new mascara anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by lolabunnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara! I've been using it for at least a decade. I actually don't find that it makes my lashes look very full, but I am very happy with how well it holds a curl. I do not have issues with flakes, clumps, or smudging when using this product. This mascara performs the best for me if I use a fresh tube and apply it over eyelashes that I have curled with a heated eyelash curler. If I feel like my eyelashes don't look as luscious as I would like, I simply purchase a new tube. This is usually not an issue as it is often available in BOGO specials. I have tried several other mascaras both drugstore and HE, but this one remains my favorite and has been repurchased countless times. I hope that Maybelline never discontinues Full 'N Soft!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by cewkittylover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based off of reviews on MakeupAlley, I purchased Maybelline's Full 'N Soft Waterproof and Cover Girl's Lash Exact Waterproof for a direct comparison. I wanted a product that didn't give me raccoon eyes.

I was disappointed in my Maybelline purchase. Apparently there is a method of wiping off the tip of the wand to avoid clumping, which is too much effort, and my mascara did clump. I did like how it was a more defining black than Cover Girls.

Clumps? - yes
Defining? - yes
Flakes? - yes
Raccoon Eyes? - no
Lasting? - yes
Voluminous? - yes

I threw away my Full 'N Soft and kept my Lash Exact. Lash Exact gave me almost the same results, but with a stronger wand, no flaking, and no clumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a staple mascara. Adds really good volume while staying natural looking. Last all the day & is so easy to work with. I put this in the same range as Neutrogena Healthy Volume WP, both are really nice. At the moment Drugstore.com has Maybelline at buy one get one off so pick one up & a color tattoo too! My favorite is Bad To The Bronze, it's a beautiful taupe. Easy to use, last all day & has a nice sheen to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ldimples00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for years. I've found that my lashes will usu only keep a curl with waterproof mascara so I do not use the regular version of this mascara. Sometimes, I use this with Covergirl Lash Blast and together, they make my lashes look like falsies. This has never flaked and has def proven to be waterproof. This mascara separates my lashes and make them a little darker and longer. I have repurchased this mascara for years and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by pdang

This is my favorite everyday mascara. It is the best drugstore mascara I have used for just everyday daytime use. It holds the curl, it doesnt smudge, and it actually adds a little volume and length. It's not as dramatic as other volumizing mascara but like I said it's a really good day time mascara and it's relatively inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by veeveeaan

I'm so annoyed that Maybelline doesn't sell this product in Canada anymore! I've been using this in between trying different mascaras for the past 3 years and I always come back to this. I've always had issue with waterproof mascaras making my lashes too hard and brittle so I fell in love when I first started using this mascara because it really does leave your lashes very soft. It may not provide as much volume as some other mascaras do, e.g. CoverGirl Lash Blast, but it does a really good job at defining and lengthening - providing a tad of volume, but not much if you're looking for the dramatic false lashes look.

The formula is perfect as it isn't too wet or too dry, but dries quickly after application. It's also easily buildable if you want to add more coats but I usually find that one coat is more than enough for me. Just FYI I have Asian lashes that are long but not very full and require waterproof to hold my curl.

I was in the States a few months ago and spotted that they still sold this mascara in their drugstores, so I stocked up. But if anyone knows where I can buy this mascara in Canada, please contact me and let me know!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only use two mascaras- a super intense one for special occasions, and Full N Soft for everyday :)
I originally bought it in summer when I was going to the beach because this is waterproof, and when I tried it I just LOVED how it enhanced my lashes but still looked pretty natural. I've been using it ever since then! If you don't like overly done lashes, then this mascara is for you :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty much one total waste of money. I have average lashes, and this did absolutely nothing in the way of either thickening or lengthing, In fact, it did nothing at all even after 3 coats.. I got the blackest black, and I saw no change in my lashes at all, It was as if there was no mascara on the brush, Nothing, I dipped the wand a few times, and tested it on a kleenex....there was mascara there, but it was very thin, I didn't want thick goopy mascara, and I liked the full and soft idea, but this is worse then nothing, Don't bother with it unless you have wonderous lashes and don't need mascara.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just tried it out on one eye, and it's definitely the best mascara i've ever used. i even was able to use it on my bottom lashes (2 coats!) no clumping, no streaking. the consistency is very lightweight, so it will not weigh down your lashes, they still do feel soft. it separates and coats every single individual lash, dries very quickly, and does not irritate my eyes! i'm very very happy.