MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 2/15/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love strobe cream! I see that people use this in lots of different ways, but for me this is simply my daily moisturiser and I use it pretty generously. It gives my skin a lovely, luminous finish and just makes my look generally more healthy and bright without ever looking glittery, shiny or sparkly. I've been using this for about 18 months now and I don't know what it is about Strobe Cream but I think that the overall condition of my skin has improved quite considerably, my skin just looks healthier and better so the antioxidants and other good ingredients must be doing their stuff. I normally use unscented products but I LOVE the subtle fresh smell of this and don't mind putting it on my face at all, and although I have combination skin it's never broken me out. It's a very good daily moisturiser for someone with normal/combination skin but I would imagine that someone with very dry skin might need to mix with a heavier moisturiser. The tube is great too - looks chic, is sanitary and I can get every last drop of product out.

on 2/14/2012 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't understand this product... It is supposed to give moisture, and it does not refine the skin... So why don't use your ordinary moisturizer? MAC is a makeup brand, and if you need a moisturizer, why not rely on a real skincare brand..? Or is it me not understanding this product....

It feels nice and ok, but nothing more... I also have really oily skin, so this is mayby to "shiny" for my taste.... It is maybe better for dry skintypes....?

The girl in the shop said that this was the best thing to wear under makeup, especially for acne-prone skin...but honestly I don't understand what she meant. Cause I don't see any point with it... :(

on 2/5/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I find this is better for a "glowy" look. I prefer powder highlighters like gold deposit for a "BAM" kind of highlight and this gives an overall "bam" kind of highlight. Definetly a low key subtle glow. I apply after primer or mix it with my studio moisture tint. I would rebuy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't tend to bother with highlighters often and when I do, I usually opt for powders. However, strobe cream is a really nice highlight and I do make the effort to wear it if I'm going somewhere nice. A reviewer said that this gives iridescence rather than a colourful shimmery highlight and I totally agree...it's colourless on me, and just gives a glow where I put it. I place it on the tops of my cheekbones and down my nose ontop of foundation. It looks subtle but makes a noticeable different, my skin looks much more radiant. The texture is pretty thick but doesn't feel heavy at all and blends out easily.

Here's a swatch of SC lightly blended out on my hand so you can see the texture:

It is rather pricey but you get a lot in the tube and I can't see myself running out for a while!

on 1/29/2012 6:54:00 PM

I've been using Mac's Strobe Cream since the beginning of time (10 years plus) and I still love it as much as I loved it then!

This product worn underneath your makeup (on your cheeks and forehead) will give you that hollywood glow. It's really not meant to be a moisturizer, it's a highlighter. Don't expect a ton of shimmer, which is why it's ingenious. It's a natural glow and you can layer more to have a more dramatic glow.

on 1/23/2012 11:14:00 PM

Where to begin? I will never not use this product!

I'm 19 with acne prone skin, and i have to say this product is the best moitsurizer i've ever used, and i've used many. Macs skincare is amazing and so alarmingly understated and outshined by it's makeup, which is also great. But their skincare, this, complete comfort creme, lip conditioner, serum, oil, everything i've tried i've loved but nothing as much as this!

Mac push this as a makeup primer which will give you a glow, which it does, however they don't focus enough on it's amazing ingredients! packed with antioxidants this has done wonders for my skin both firming, smoothing, clearing away mild new scars from spots, it's amazing. It will give your skin a boost of vitamins as well as radiance!

I tend to use it under foundation AND over and sometimes i even mix it in too, i lovelovelove to glow and this never looks too much, it always gives you that celeb red carpet jlo glow which everyone wants.

i'd definitley suggest you try this, mac are great for samples and i got a 6 mil and after a week i went and got the 50 mil however the 6 mil they gave me lasted like 2 months as you only need a tiiiny bit as it spreads like butter, especially if you use fix + or a serum underneath :-)

on 1/11/2012 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I mix with my foundation to give a lovely glow.

on 1/9/2012 2:58:00 PM

HG!! I'm in LOVE with this product. I use it on days where I don't want to wear make up to give me a lovely glowy healthy look, and on top of foundation as a very subtle, day appropriate highlighter. I like to pat it on very gently, no rubbing at all, and I only need a very small amount. It is rather expensive for me, but I bough the travel size to try it and will purchase the full size when I run out. LOVE IT!

on 12/29/2011 7:33:00 PM

I personally don't feel as if this product gives you a dewy, glowy effect it's just a moisturiser for me but i still like it. Apparently it has loads of good things that are really good for your skin! i just like using this on myself after moisturising before makeup and using it as a moisturiser for my clients before makeup <3

on 12/20/2011 10:13:00 AM

I love the MAC Strobe cream. It is a true HG item for me. I use a dime size on top of my moisturizer & then a couple of dabs after my foundation & powder are on. My skin is often dry and dull, but strobe cream really brightens my face. This is NOT a shimmery cream, so if you are looking for shimmer you will need to try a different product. This is really just a glowy & dewey look, which doesn't look oily. I cannot smell any fragrance in the strobe cream, so some reviewers must have very sensitive noses. Also, this did not break out my blemish prone (small blemishes & very sensitive) skin. I am in love with this product & will be repurchasing for my purse makeup bag & whenever I run out. I cannot be without this product!