December 18, 2014 | 1779 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Mac's Strobe Cream since the beginning of time (10 years plus) and I still love it as much as I loved it then!

This product worn underneath your makeup (on your cheeks and forehead) will give you that hollywood glow. It's really not meant to be a moisturizer, it's a highlighter. Don't expect a ton of shimmer, which is why it's ingenious. It's a natural glow and you can layer more to have a more dramatic glow.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

Where to begin? I will never not use this product!

I'm 19 with acne prone skin, and i have to say this product is the best moitsurizer i've ever used, and i've used many. Macs skincare is amazing and so alarmingly understated and outshined by it's makeup, which is also great. But their skincare, this, complete comfort creme, lip conditioner, serum, oil, everything i've tried i've loved but nothing as much as this!

Mac push this as a makeup primer which will give you a glow, which it does, however they don't focus enough on it's amazing ingredients! packed with antioxidants this has done wonders for my skin both firming, smoothing, clearing away mild new scars from spots, it's amazing. It will give your skin a boost of vitamins as well as radiance!

I tend to use it under foundation AND over and sometimes i even mix it in too, i lovelovelove to glow and this never looks too much, it always gives you that celeb red carpet jlo glow which everyone wants.

i'd definitley suggest you try this, mac are great for samples and i got a 6 mil and after a week i went and got the 50 mil however the 6 mil they gave me lasted like 2 months as you only need a tiiiny bit as it spreads like butter, especially if you use fix + or a serum underneath :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

I mix with my foundation to give a lovely glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ladymarion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG!! I'm in LOVE with this product. I use it on days where I don't want to wear make up to give me a lovely glowy healthy look, and on top of foundation as a very subtle, day appropriate highlighter. I like to pat it on very gently, no rubbing at all, and I only need a very small amount. It is rather expensive for me, but I bough the travel size to try it and will purchase the full size when I run out. LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

I personally don't feel as if this product gives you a dewy, glowy effect it's just a moisturiser for me but i still like it. Apparently it has loads of good things that are really good for your skin! i just like using this on myself after moisturising before makeup and using it as a moisturiser for my clients before makeup <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by AllieFree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the MAC Strobe cream. It is a true HG item for me. I use a dime size on top of my moisturizer & then a couple of dabs after my foundation & powder are on. My skin is often dry and dull, but strobe cream really brightens my face. This is NOT a shimmery cream, so if you are looking for shimmer you will need to try a different product. This is really just a glowy & dewey look, which doesn't look oily. I cannot smell any fragrance in the strobe cream, so some reviewers must have very sensitive noses. Also, this did not break out my blemish prone (small blemishes & very sensitive) skin. I am in love with this product & will be repurchasing for my purse makeup bag & whenever I run out. I cannot be without this product!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

I bought this product through the web site, and based on the reviews from makeup alley.
Since I wasn't sure if i would like the product so I chose the smallest of the two sizes. I guess I didn't realize how small the 15ml would be ... So of course when I opened the package I was shocked by how small the actual tube was - its like the samples you would get at sephora!
Still even though I was disappointed by the size, I was excited to use the product basiced on the reviews.
On the website they discribe the product as a moisturizer that wakes up the skin and helps it look fresh and glowing.
As a face cream it's ok - nothing special its not that greasy(but it smells bad)
The shimmer doesn't show on my face too much.
Overall the product isn't - In my opinion worth the high price tag... You would get same/ if not better results from a drug store brand with some shimmer.
I'll finish using the product but will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Paavaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ohh, so I so much love the dewy look, and this is my best friend to achieve that. I either wear this under the foundation or over it and it gives the same all over glow which is natural and thus beautiful. I have been using this since last 2 years and there is still 3/4th product left. Very useful product from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Rhian92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this. It's expensive so I use it sparingly but it's great for applying to the whole face. Sometimes I apply it to my face and cover my blemishes with concealer and that's it. It really is good enough to wear without foundation ha.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Cherryskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the "glow" this gives to my cheeks, but I found I can't apply it to my t-zone as it makes me look like I have an oil-slick!

It does give a lovely brightening sheen to your skin, which is nice and subtle -- doesn't make you look like C3PO like some other "shimmery" products.

Next time I will buy the Strobe Liquid so I can apply it over more of my face.