October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Tooth-achingly sweet almond milk with a heavy dollop of vanilla extract. While almond and vanilla are two of my favorite notes, they're a bit too strong here, though I appreciate the fact that despite their strength the notes don't go into a fake plastic stage. If it was a little less sweet and the spices amped a little bit more, Hypnotic Poison could've been a decent dupe for the much-beloved but overpriced Tobacco Vanille. As it stands HP is a bit too gourmand for my taste, and I'll stick with Coromandel for my vanilla comfort scent. Sillage packs a punch, and for an EDT the longevity was quite strong. Wouldn't buy as there are much better options for sweet and spicy out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by stephalison

I have been through several bottles of this over the years, I started wearing it in my early teens after smelling it on my mother (who considers herself quite the perfume aficionado, which is good considering my knowledge of perfume goes as far as "I like the way this smells because...") and since then, it has become one of my signature scents. Every time I wear it, I get compliments from men and women alike. It has a very alluring and dare I say, hypnotic, appeal to its scent. I love wearing this in the day time as a bit of a suprise, as I know many would probably consider this a 'night' fragrance. I don't like to label any perfume as my 'all-time favourite' as I enjoy switching it up between different scents for different occasions, however, this is without a doubt the perfume that I repurchase the most. I'm never without a bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by greydovefeatherwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with lily, below. I tried this due to all the hype recently. While I like the root beer float middle stage, it dries down and opens up way too intensively and gets right in your nose and throat in a very unpleasant way.Like all the poisions, it always seems to border on a try-too-hard, femme fatale, tip.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Lilly13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Don't like it. Can't really put my finger on what notes I'm getting from it but nothing stands out and it just smells like some basic 'perfumey perfume'. Sorry Hypnotic lovers! Boring and kind of annoying.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by ABCs

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this warm gourmand scent when I sprayed the tester on at the store. I did this on two seperate occasions at Macy's and the scent lasted a long time. When I bought a 1.7 bottle though (from the same Macy's), it didn't last that long. I don't understand it because you would think that Macy's would have fresh, genuine product.

Anyway, I love the drydown on this if only my bottle had better sillage.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wear this perfume in the nighttime as I don't feel it's suited for the daytime. It's heavy and a bit mystique. I like the different scent, but I prefer Midnight Poison because it's fresher and more versatile.

I found myself getting tired of Hyponotic Poison very early, and switched to a different more type of classic winter smell by JPG.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by DreamAngelsHeavenlyKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Hypnotic Poison. I discovered this lovely perfume in high school and have adored it since. This perfume smells so rich and luxerious. I find this scent to be pretty unique- I haven't smelt any quite like it. I haven't worn it in awhile (I own tons of perfume and consider myself a perfume junkie) and recently repurchased it. Gorgeous scent, stays put all day. The only problem is it tends to give me a headache sometimes. :( But that won't stop me from loving it. :) <3 Seductive, beautiful perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by leeceee

This is probably the nicest fragrance I've ever come across. Very Vanilla and very sweet, which I like. Isn't too overpowering and lasts all day. I always get compliments on how nice this smells. Sometimes I mix it with another sweet scent and it smells even better :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sumaiyabebe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume is my ALL time favorite perfume. I got this for my 18th birthday as a gift and I am tempted to wear it every day for the rest of my entire life. I literally have to stop myself from spraying it on myself every day because I feel like it's running out too fast. I hate saying that it's over priced, but it is a lot of money. The almond/jasmine/vanilla scent is a flawless combination though!!! If you're ever asked by a guy what he should buy for his woman, suggest this perfume! If I were to describe this perfume in one word I would say it's EXOTIC.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wear a few different scents, but this is one of my 3 fall/winter scents that I love. This is a bold scent so less is more, it could also be a good evening scent because it is very sexy. Not for young girls this is a womans fragrance.