Dior Hypnotic Poison

on 11/18/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hypnotic Poison smells like vanilla, licorice and root beer, if you want to smell like those things, this perfume is for you. The staying power of this perfume is phenomenal, the best I have ever tried. I wore this perfume once on my shirt and left my shirt over at my boyfriends and didnt get to washing it for about a week later and I could still smell the perfume on the shirt. I would recommend this perfume during the winter and fall months only because it would smother someone during the summer months. This hypnotic poison just wasnt for me.

on 11/12/2011 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

EXTREMELY SEXY and so good. This one still sells like hot cakes! It's a nice oriental with a slight floral. Most obvious note is vanilla, joined with sandalwood, coconut, and some floral ones I can't pick out. For an EDT it is surprisingly long lasting. This one you can tell by it's smell, and I love it. Very sensual and alluring.

on 11/6/2011 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Oh. My. God. Where do I begin?! This perfume is so gorgeous. It's beautifully delicious with a wonderfully warm dry down. It reminds me of the cosy winter days I've spent curled up on the sofa in a thick jumper while it snows outside. Perfectly vanilla-y, snuggly and clean. It becomes more fantastic as the day goes on and lasts for hours.
Definitely buy a sample from eBay before you purchase, though, in case it doesn't agree with your body chemistry. I found that on my Boots sample strip it wasn't as warm smelling as it is on my wrist, so make sure you try it on before you buy as this stuff isn't cheap!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

i am totally addicted to this!! the bottle is so cute, i love the name, and the perfume is just to die for. it embodies everything i want in a fragrance. i'd say it smells like a sweet vanilla smoke. this is the perfect scent if you love vanilla or rich orientals.

on 10/21/2011 8:42:00 PM

I wear this because my boyfriend is absolutely OBSESSED with hypnotic poison. Ive worn dozens of scents around him and maybe only a couple slightly caught his attention but only for a second. However when it comes to hypnotic poison he just goes crazy. He'll hug me constantly throughout the day just to smell me and starts to melt. The only scent that really does it for him. As for me, I am not absolutely crazy about the scent as he is. It smells good.though, I dont mind wearing it. :)

on 10/18/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Tooth-achingly sweet almond milk with a heavy dollop of vanilla extract. While almond and vanilla are two of my favorite notes, they're a bit too strong here, though I appreciate the fact that despite their strength the notes don't go into a fake plastic stage. If it was a little less sweet and the spices amped a little bit more, Hypnotic Poison could've been a decent dupe for the much-beloved but overpriced Tobacco Vanille. As it stands HP is a bit too gourmand for my taste, and I'll stick with Coromandel for my vanilla comfort scent. Sillage packs a punch, and for an EDT the longevity was quite strong. Wouldn't buy as there are much better options for sweet and spicy out there.

on 10/9/2011 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been through several bottles of this over the years, I started wearing it in my early teens after smelling it on my mother (who considers herself quite the perfume aficionado, which is good considering my knowledge of perfume goes as far as "I like the way this smells because...") and since then, it has become one of my signature scents. Every time I wear it, I get compliments from men and women alike. It has a very alluring and dare I say, hypnotic, appeal to its scent. I love wearing this in the day time as a bit of a suprise, as I know many would probably consider this a 'night' fragrance. I don't like to label any perfume as my 'all-time favourite' as I enjoy switching it up between different scents for different occasions, however, this is without a doubt the perfume that I repurchase the most. I'm never without a bottle.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I agree with lily, below. I tried this due to all the hype recently. While I like the root beer float middle stage, it dries down and opens up way too intensively and gets right in your nose and throat in a very unpleasant way.Like all the poisions, it always seems to border on a try-too-hard, femme fatale, tip.

on 10/6/2011 3:16:00 PM

Don't like it. Can't really put my finger on what notes I'm getting from it but nothing stands out and it just smells like some basic 'perfumey perfume'. Sorry Hypnotic lovers! Boring and kind of annoying.

on 10/1/2011 2:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really liked this warm gourmand scent when I sprayed the tester on at the store. I did this on two seperate occasions at Macy's and the scent lasted a long time. When I bought a 1.7 bottle though (from the same Macy's), it didn't last that long. I don't understand it because you would think that Macy's would have fresh, genuine product.

Anyway, I love the drydown on this if only my bottle had better sillage.

Popular Fragrances