Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

3.9

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2012): The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate. The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

on 6/14/2012 9:59:00 AM

I bought this because it is having sales! I saw the banners and I thought I should give it a try~ I told the sales lady that this is the first time I am using, so I only bought the cleanance soapless gel. She gave me sample of toner and pimple cream for me to try. How sweet of her :D I like the packaging because it is very hygienic as it only turns left and right. Not like the others that has a cap which is quite a mess. I would definitely re-purchase this product :)

on 6/9/2012 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Have tried dozens of commercial cleansers (Clean and clear etc). Almost finishing my 1st bottle of this product.

Here's what i think:
Pros: Does its job of removing oil and impurities from the surface of skin. However, does not control oil of face. Face still becomes oily after like 3 to 4 hours. Relative inexpensive if u purchase it from good sources (online etc).
Cons: Product also contains fragrance and colouring.

Have also read that avene thermal water (50% of this product) is neutral in pH. Which im not sure is good or bad as i read that skin needs to have acid mantle and acne and bacteria thrives on alkaline pH.

Will probably repurchase for the time being due to the fact that it did its basic job and as im also adding honey as a part of my regiment right now. This is to make sure that honey is indeed effective and not due to other factors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've repurchased this cleanser about five times over :). I have oily/acne-prone skin, and this beauty really does the job, it's a staple in my routine. Really leaves my skin feeling clean, not overly oily or too dry, or tight. I like the packaging too, I can easily get every last drop out and I like the twist top. If I'm wearing makeup I use a makeup removing cleanser first and then this, I don't want to waste this great product on simple makeup removal. And you only need a little bit at a time. Actually if you use too much it doesn't lather as nicely, you only need about a quarter sized dollop to do the job. For anyone with oily skin or acne issues or both, I HIGHLY recommend this, worth every penny.

on 6/8/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I've been using cetaphil for years and I thought it was the best cleanser but boy I was wrong when I switched to this cleanser. This cleanser markedly reduced the blackheads which have been residing on my nose since puberty, it is not drying and it did not break me out at all! Blackheads are still there but much less. Made my skin look somewhat brighter/clearer after several weeks. This cleanser is great but not perfect, it doesn't control the oiliness of my face. My face would still start becoming oily after a 3-4 hours. And, it contains fragrance.

on 6/3/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Somewhat overly fragranced, but a nice gentle foaming cleanser. I use this with my Clarisonic daily in the AM and it helps to keep my skin clear without drying it out. Packaging is perfect - a easy to squeeze plastic bottle topped by a twist open/close cap with a tiny hole. A little goes a long way, so I think the price is fair. On second bottle and will buy again for my boyfriend, but I've moved on to a non-foaming gel cleanser I love from Aesop.

on 5/27/2012 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using a Neutrogena gentle moisturizing cleanser and I found plugs forming in my skin for over a month and some. I cleansed my skin this evening with this product and found it did a deep cleaning right away and was gentle as well. We shall see though if this product works for me in the next couple months as I suffer from acne and redness that I have not seen a derm for yet. Fingers Crossed.

on 5/13/2012 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this cleanser. My face has always been breaking out throughout my whole life and nothing beats this cleanser seriously. I have tried other more expensive cleansers from beauty counters to drugstore brands but nothing beats this gem. I just had to recommend it since it cleared my pimples and acne in a month, and i have not found any pimples on my skin except during the time of the month.

The price is quite steep but since the amount that comes with it is a lot, literally u just need to use a little bit of the cleanser and lather it up with water and u get a very cleaned face. I have been using the cleanser for 4 months now but i still have like half of the amount left in the bottle, and i really love the packaging, so hygienic and so cute. I love it, will never ever change my cleanser ever again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A friend of mine recommended this to me and I tried it, not expecting a lot. . I I have combination, oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, so I'm barely ever satisfied. My skin never improved with other cleansers (Shiseido, YSL, Clinique 3 Step System, Proactiv), and at first, it didn't really improve. But after 2-3 weeks of usage, there was real improvement. I'm not completely clear, but now I usually have 2-3 pimples only on my face, and not big ones. They disappear within days, and at some times, I'm completely clear with just some red spots from previous pimples. When I get my period, I get a pretty bad breakout. I also use their creams (listed below) and they really help me. Within a week, even big cystic pimples that had appeared were gone!

If I do get a pimple, I just use their other products which bring the excess oil to the surface (think a BIG white spot) and then I can squeeze it out and all's fine. I really like this cleanser. I'm 15 and it's really my age that causes breakouts, but if you want improved skin without drying, tightness, flaking, and irritation, this is perfect! Although you do have to use moisturizer, the other products in this line are also amazing. No cleanser has worked like this before for me.

I've been using it for I think two months now, and half my bottle is finished. I'm still very pleased, and I'd recommend this to a friend. Every morning and night I use a dime sized amount, then spray with Avène's thermal water, and then use their Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream 4x (for dry skin) in the week, both AM and PM. Their Clean-Ac Hydrating Soothing cream 3x (for acne prone skin) in the week. I also use their TriAcnéal Skin Imperfection Residual Marks (for acne prone skin) once every two days in the night. I apply this topically to my pimples and the next morning all the sebum is to the surface! This all has helped, but I'm switching around the creams because I only used the soap for one week and there was not much difference than with the creams.

on 4/15/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

THE BEST!
Love it! Ive been using this for almost a year now and its the perfect cleanser for me
I have sensitive dry skin but i also get a few spots and have some blackheads
This cleanser does not make me skin dry or tight and leaves no oily residue, i have noticed i get hardly any spots and my blackheads have reduced
A little goes a long way, a really small dot is all you need for your face and neck
The product is expensive for a cleanser, around $30 in Australia but its worth it
Definitely repurchase!

on 3/25/2012 1:54:00 AM

I absolutely adore this cleanser, been using it for three years, on my fourth bottle. It is very gentle yet removes my makeup thoroughly, also use it with Olay Cleansing brush. I have another bottle in the shower to cleanse my neck and chest. Wonderful product!