LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 3/21/2011 1:16:00 PM

This smells heavenly, like light cookies and cream. I've only used this a couple of times but it hasn't irritated my skin yet. I found it too thick though, my skin couldn't breath. It did make my skin very soft.

on 3/10/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have dry sensitive skin that gets pink and breaks out if it's irritated. I usually steer away from botanicals but after trying a sample of this I was hooked! It's non-irritating and quite moisturizing without being excessively heavy. Less is more though and if you use to much you may find it very oily. It smells pleasant, like sweet vanilla. Very good for the price, I will repurchase. It goes nicely with Lush aquamarina.

on 3/4/2011 4:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This smells great and for the most part does its job. But this is definitely not good enough for the harsh winter months. Sometimes it can get oily too.

on 3/2/2011 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Moisturizes very well but is very heavy and oily at the same time which I dislike. Definitely a night time moisturizer! Looking for something lighter..

Edit//: Broke me out eventually.

on 2/3/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would prefer this product so much more if it had an SPF in it!
It makes my combination skin more oily than dry (dry cheeks, oily t-zone) so i prefer to use it in winter as it suits my skin type in that season.
The scent is mild, not the greatest smell - but if it's for my face I would prefer no smell at all.
A little goes a long way, the packaging is great as you can scoop out ALL the contents to make sure it has been thoroughly used up.
Overall I wouldn't buy this again, as I am still on the hunt for the perfect face moisturiser.

on 1/31/2011 5:21:00 PM

For the first couple days it did some weird things to my skin. I think it may have been because I had ran out of moisterizer for a couple days so my skin was super dry and started flaking then when I used this it moisturized those flakes and the dry layer of my skin so there was white rolls of flakes all over my face and I couldn't wear makeup for those days.
BUT Now my face is use to it and I love love it, just took literally 2 days for my skin to get use to it. The scent is AMAZING! I have dry/combination skin and it's not too heavy or greasy. Just wish it had SPF.

on 1/31/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous, gorgeous moisturizer and smells good enough to eat! This is great for my dry sensitive skin - I flake a lot in the winter but still suffer from breakouts if i use the wrong product, so a gentle yet hard-working product has been hard to find. This leaves my skin calm, soft and supple and the moisturizing effect lasts throughout the day. I have to be careful not to use too much to avoid looking oily - a little goes a long way. I switch this with paradise regained in the summer because I find it too heavy, although it's great as a rich aftersun after a day on the beach.

on 1/26/2011 12:17:00 PM

Moisturizes, and smells soooo good! :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the HARDEST time looking for a moisturizer that won't break out my skin.
Hallelujah I FOUND ONE!!!

It's not as expensive as other Lush facial moisturizers but it definitely works for me :) ever since I started using this, those annoying dry white flakes have disappeared :)

It's still rather expensive and all, but like all other lush products, a little does actually go a long way.

The scent is a very interesting mix of vanilla and almond/Snowcake soap. Celestial is really the perfect name :)

It isn't heavy or greasy for me at all, cause once again a little goes a long way :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an excellent moisturiser. I bought two pots so far: the first one I gave to my mother who has really dry skin because I found it was too rich for me to wear during the day - I have combination skin, bit on the dry side, but at that point it was too heavy for me.
However because I loved the consistency and the heavenly smell of light vanilla I couldn't resist buying a 2nd pot and started using it at night. It really makes my skin feel soft and comforted in Winter.
It's not a cheap moisturiser but it lasts me a really long time (only a smidge to cover my whole face) and I find that the money is worth the ingredients you're getting.
Sure the packaging may not be too hygienic but I'm not a germ-freak and I always wash my hands before I take care of my face so it's not an issue.