Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Trisiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Alumina, Nylon 12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Wax, Micocrystalline Wax, Sodium Chloride, Mushroom Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cornflower Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Phytantriol, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Triethoxy Caprylysilane, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Zinc Oxide.

on 3/25/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING.
For years I had been fighting a battle between covering my uneven skin tone and making my skin break-out by using a heavy-weight foundation.
Now, I use this concealer to cover my splotchy/red cheeks - and voila! My skin looks fantastic!
I simply cover my splotches and/or pimple (from time to time) and finish with the Almay loose powder and I get a nice, natural finish.
The concealer, while heavy enough to cover d*mn near anything, does not give me any acne symptoms from clogged pores that generally happens when I use such products.
The price tag cannot be beat for such awesome blemish-free coverage. Seriously. Buy it and be wowed!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

What I expected from this concealer, based on the reviews, was a full-coverage concealer that was able to cover up my redness, moderate acne, and dark acne marks.
It was able to cover up my redness and some of my minor/small pimples, but that's it. Just like EVERY OTHER "full-coverage" foundation and concealer, this one proved to be completely useless on top of my acne marks. Every single makeup product that claims to cover blemishes, including this one, just cakes up around my acne marks and does nothing to cover them up. And no, I'm not exaggerating.
So obviously the people who don't have half as bad skin as I do don't know what the meaning of "full coverage" means. For example, everyone says the Revlon Colorstay Foundation is full coverage, but that's total bullshit. It's actually medium[-to-full] coverage, as it does nothing to cover up my acne marks and big pimples. So, yeah, this concealer has pretty much the same amount of coverage as Colorstay does.
That doesn't mean that this is a terrible concealer, just that it's not enough coverage for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHADE CHART:
Light: Fair, cool-toned, and very pink undertones. NW15-20.
Light Medium: Neutral light to medium with beige undertones. NW/NC20-25.
Medium: Warm medium with yellow undertones. NC30.
Would I repurchase? No.

on 3/19/2012 7:41:00 PM

Awesome Ilove it! it covers my red blemishes ya! ilike it :P . nice in price ... so cheap but works awesome :P

I really like this stuff and I have a story....

I had a few very noticable blemishes on my face and my friends and I were talking about how acne sucks [i am 13]....then, my one friend says "Shut up!... You don't even have acne" that made me feel sooo good because it told me that my concealer was doing its job so thank you ALMAY!!!

on 3/12/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pretty good coverage at first, over time it does seem to dry out and cake up on your face. Wont last that long if you have a lot to cover on a daily basis like me. I bought mine a month ago in Light and already need to buy a new one. Price is somewhat okay, would like to see a little more product in the tube though. Like i said it does cake up over time. When I first used it I was really impressed, had great coverage. Just seemed to fizzle out once it dried up. Probably will but it again seeing as it is the best "drugstore" concealer I've come across.

on 2/22/2012 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Slightly too cool toned for me, but I use a foundation over it. Good coverage but not the best. Good lasting power, slightly expensive for a drugstore concealer and not many shades.
UPDATE: can be built up to full coverage, and it so far is the best drugstore concealer i have tried
UPDATE 2: i dont use it anymore, now i use the mac prolongwear concealer which is infinitely better than this one, its so much more natural looking and lasts a lot longer. also if youre looking for something drugstore i suggest the maybelline superstay which is kind of similar to the prolongwear.

on 2/12/2012 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product was not that bad. I've been using it for a couple days, and it's not horrible, but I'm definitely not impressed. I got this because I really wanted to try out concealers for the first time but I didn't want it to break me out. I had to cover up my acne scars and some pimples. As soon as I started using this I got this huge gross pimple on my nose. So it definitely does not help fight acne. It has okay coverage, but does not last.

on 2/11/2012 6:25:00 PM

I love this product! I just bought it today,and am obsessed with it,i use it to cover my acne scarring and under eye circles.Buy this!

on 1/31/2012 8:54:00 PM

First off, let me just say that this is one of the best concealers I have used in terms of coverage and blending. However, I think it actually made my acne worse. I have been using it for about 3 months now, and about a month ago, my skin just erupted in painful spots - not deep pimples, either shallow ones that wouldn't heal or even just what felt kind of like scratches. I think the salicylic acid in the concealer dried out my skin and actually made it worse. For this reason only, I gave it 3/5 instead of 5/5.

My overall conclusion is that this concealer is excellent for covering up blemishes and the occasional pimple, but not good at all for concealing breakouts as it will dry out your skin.

on 1/30/2012 5:31:00 PM

I have this product in light #100.

Honestly, I would've given this product a 5 if it weren't for the fact that it claims to clear your complexion. It works great as a concealer, and I love that about it. However, this has done nothing for my skin. I don't have terrible skin, but I do get the occasional red eruption on my face and so I thought this would somehow aid me. Nope. It does nada for my blemishes. But like I said, it works great as a concealer, so I'll probably continue to buy it.

Top Rated Almay Products