December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by 123abcdefg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am an absolute concealer whore and i just decided to try this out. Since my skin is so acne prone I decided to pick this up at my CVS. Overall this was a pretty good concealer and super affordable. However I found that the color selections were too limited and the medium was too pale for my asian light-medium skin tone and the dark was to dark. It's not that big of a deal though. The coverage is medium and use this mainly over acne scars and blemishes. I have SO many acne scars on my upper lip and I use this to lighten them up. It can get a bit cakey though so make sure you blend it properly. This doesn't do anything for redness though and I haven't noticed any difference in my acne. Overall I like this product but I wouldn't purchase it again because i like to try out a lot of different concealers and I mainly bought this because of my acne prone skin and since it didn't do much for that, after I'm finished going through this one I'm gonna try a different one. It lasts a very long time and I have been using this bottle for almost a whole year and it still has a lot left. Lastly, the packaging is below average. At first it was okay but after awhile some of the formula would leak out and dry up on the bottle and get all over the stuff in my makeup bag. The wand can get pretty unsanitizing too. The lasting power is okay. It lasts about 4 hours before it starts to fade with primer and powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is apparently not to be used in the eye area, so I use it specifically for redness around my nose (broken capillaries) and the occasional pimple. The coverage is okay, not too heavy and sometimes doesn't entirely hide the red shades. Blending is also okay, but I've seen better. Lasting power is meh; for me it fades after 4 hours being under powder. Be warned that if it comes it contact with any water, it starts fading off in a really gross manner.

Overall just an okay concealer, but my current favorite because it doesn't clog my pores! I have blackheads all around my nose, including the broken capillaries area. Other drugstore concealers I've used usually clog them up very quickly, but this one never does. Repurchased once, but still looking for something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cookiekekekee

I have to say that this is definitely one of the most expensive drugstore concealers... That being said, it provides for descent coverage.

Pros:
- Nice coverage
- helps with acne 50% of the time (the rest of the time acne just proceeds to develop as usual)

Cons:
- bit expensive
- slightly unsanitary application

Love the concealer though. Definitely pick it up if you have yellow undertones!

***UPDATE: I was applying this concealer in a different setting than usual and saw that my skin turned VERY VERY noticably gray in the spots where applied... It had to be removed straight away. I tried it the next day and saw no such thing. This has made me very worried that perhaps my usual makeup application setting is unreliable in seeing terrible grey splotches...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by susan3143

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer deserves a "5" just because it's so affordable. For less that $7 you get a concealer that definitely competes with much more expensive brands. I have broken capillaries on my face, and I have tried just about everything out there, including the very expensive. But I always seem to come back to this. I just dab in on over my foundation and then blend it by tapping it into my skin. It blends wonderfully and when dry stays put. The only thing I don't like about it would be that around the middle of the day it starts separating. But what do you expect for $7?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by shadowlye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had a tube of it for a while now. Still working through it. I only use it on age spots though. Those pesky things started popping up. :( But works great on smooth skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by furafura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have bought this concealer 2 times. I have also tried Maybelline's double-ended concealer/highlighter and mineral power concealer. Almay's clear complexion concealer is my favorite of the three. Plus, it's the cheapest! It has the best coverage, and I like the fact that it has 1% salicylic acid to help heal and prevent my acne and scars. I have this in light, and it is the perfect color to hide redness and blemishes on my fair skin. The lasting power is pretty impressive - I wore this from 6am to 12am one day, while working on a job that required lots of running around and carrying things around. By the end of the day my acne scars and blemishes were still concealed!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mthefool

This is a great drugstore concealer! It doesn't match my skin tone so well, but I blend it in with my foundation. I hate the idea of covering up blemishes with concealer (doesn't that make it much worse?) but the fact taht there is salicyclic acid in it makes me feel much less guilty. Although the salicyclic acid percentage is actually a very tiny amount, it definetely has never made my blemishes worse. Also, i've been using one tube for over a year, nearly every day and i *still* have a decent amount left. I love this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by pleaseplayagain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a while I liked this product well enough, it covered blemishes decently (I can't say much about under the eyes as I don't use concealer there) although I didn't notice a huge difference in terms of it actually healing them. It went on nicely when doing my makeup in the morning,but could get a little caky. It wasn't terrible, so I repurchased when it ran out, but then I started noticing that after a little while it would turn orange, so it would be very noticeable where I put it on in certain lights. There would be little orange caky streaks where the product had been applied. I don't know if it was just the shade I had (the lightest one), but I won't be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsmut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm on the fence about this product. Does it clear up my blemishes? Once in a while it will work on a blemish or two, but for the most part it covers or causes my blemishes to go from red to white heads.

It does an good job at covering red spots though its useless if you're trying to cover up whiteheads.

Applicator and packaging wise is where I think this product fails the most. If you jostle the tube around the product leaks out into the top and dries there, wasting a lot of product. Really bothersome if you keep this in your purse/makeup bag like I do. The doefoot applicator wand is completely unsanitary and rather ridiculous when you're talking about a product that is suppose to clear acne. To avoid the transfer of bacteria into the product I just swipe the applicator on a clean finger and tap it on areas I want to cover. It applies very wet, but a little goes a long way so I tap it lightly over blemishes and it sets up rather fast. The more you use the longer it'll take to dry as it is very much a liquid rather than cream.

There's not really much room for shade selection here. I use the lightest shade for my pale skin, but unfortunately I do have golden undertones to my extremely fair skin, which makes this too light even for me.

Does it live up to its claim? Eh, not really. I think the medication can be improved upon. Only sometimes does it work and even that's a little sketchy. Overall its okay. It can make blemishes worse though so beware. I only use this on older small breakouts. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by NCBrowneyyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this tonight after I finally ran out of my Physicians Formula Concealer (which I had been using for a couple of years and was totally happy with). I've only used it once so far, but I'm liking it.

The packaging is your typical lipgloss/wand tube. I would prefer that it be in a squeeze tube like my PF, but it's not that big of a deal. I apply it with my clean fingers rather than directly on my face because I think it's cleaner that way.

It is a little thicker than the PF formula, but I don't find it to be as thick as other reviewers on here have said, and if anything I like it better because I think it offers better coverage. I find that I have ample time to blend before it dries and that I can spread it easily. The coverage is good - it will definitely cover blemishes well, and won't leave you streaky (at least not on my - I am fair skinned and bought light/medium 200). I use this to cover my blemishes only, I don't use it for under eyes, or in large areas, so I can't very well say if you will get a different result if you plan on using it like that. As far as it being "complexion clearning" - I haven't used it long enough to know. I don't count on noticing a different, but it does have Salicylic Acid in it (1%), which is a little added bonus. It makes me feel a little less guilty for putting makeup over my blemishes, if nothing else.

Bottom line: Good coverage, not cakey, easily blended. Totally worth $8, and the Salicylic Acid is an added bonus!