August 30, 2014 | 1158 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Skinflash

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG lightener/brightener. I don't see how this product can be a concealer unless you have virtually nothing to hide. Maybe works for *very* light undereye discoloration. But even then, don't think you'll get concealing as much as brightening/light reflecting.

For me, it's a relatively sheer, creamy product that I use under my eyes (for brightening once I have my HG concealer (Lancome Effiecernes) on). A bit done the middle of the nose. On the outer corners of the eyes. Even on the tops of the cheeks. Very pretty natural glow/light reflecting. I don't find it sparkly at all. IMHO, this is a far superious product to YSL Touch Eclat which is heavier and oilier.

I have 002. The packaging may seem cool in concept (you twist the container and some product comes out on the brush tip). But who really wants to dab a brush on their face (especially problems spots) and then put that back into the tube??? So I put some on the back of my hand and either apply with my finger or a concealer blush.

It holds well on other products. I'll often use my concealer on stubbon skin tags and spots, then my foundation, and if things are still looking through -- a touch of Skinflash seems to reflect light away and so I guess it does 'cover' in that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Starberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dior Skinflash is an AMAZING under eye concealer - it totally covers dark circles, evens out skin tone, and makes your skin look radiant. Fabulous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2006 11:32:00 AM More reviews by vodkabarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT - I've updated this - it's still no touche eclat but it is the best alternative, especially if like me you are allergic to the YSL products!

Good points:
*easy to blend
*did make my dark circles less obvious - a little coverage as well as highlighting
*good for brow and cheekbone highlighting - makes me look more awake in the mornings
*packaging looks gorgeous
* doesn't crease and wears well

Bad points:
* very expensive - less product than YSL or lancome in the pen for a comparable price

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2006 4:50:00 AM More reviews by rosadavan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This works great as a light highlighter rather than a concealer. I use it on my brow bone, bridge of nose and under the eyes (although I don't really get noticeable dark rings). It gives a nice subtle glow during the day especially when I feel like giving foundation a miss. It goes on white with extremely fine bits of shimmer that you can't notice unless you observe very closely and is very easy to blend. If you're looking for something that actually conceals dark rings or blemishes, this probably isn't for you. But highly reccommended for those who are after a nice everyday illuminator.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2006 3:14:00 AM More reviews by makeunder

I tried this out in 3 and just wasn't feeling right about it. So, I tried YSL on the other eye. Everyone I asked said they loved the YSL better. Dior's looks like nothing on, but still did it's job on highlighting. Wasn't concealing enough for slight dark circles. It comes in a click pen, which I hate cause it takes a while to keep turning. Will buy again if they ever discontinue YSL TE. See my review on YSL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2006 5:47:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really chunky highlighter pencil. I dont like the packaging at all. Also it really is a highlighter *only*. It does not conceal anything. I like it better than Revlon, YSL or Lumene but less than Lancome and Clarins. When I buy a highlighter pencil, I think it is great if it also provides a little coverage so I would not need to use 2 different products. This does not cover at all so I am not so happy with it. Though it must do something good for me because at the same day when I bought it, my mom was visiting me and she saw me using this and she said " It took your shadows away". I Like Clarins eclat minute and LAncome Flash Retouche better. The latest one is my HG highlighter pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 11:29:00 AM More reviews by coconoir

I am not one for heavy concealer that may end up looking cakey, I think that it just draws more attention to the problem, so this is ideal for me. As I don't really have problems with my undereyes, this does the job for me. Admittedly, this doesn't cover blemishes but makes them look a bit more tamed (if that makes sense..)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by cristal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed. I decided to try this for my very dark circles, and it basically did nothing. I've tried other concealers with twice the coverage for half the price, so this just isn't good enough. I love Dior, but this will definitely not be a repurchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 7:35:00 AM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product as a concealer - ever on the search for the HG with no luck. Hated it as a concealer as it just does not provide much coverage at all. However, being 44 I'm beginning to see those lines from nose to mouth. This product, applied over those lines and blended well, does a fantastic job of camouflaging them. So now I use it as a highlighter under the brows and to camouflage little lines where I find them. Not the use I originally intended, but at least I'm getting my money out of it. Buy it as a highlighter and you'll be happy. Buy it as a concealer and you've wasted your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 8:55:00 AM More reviews by SEAWEED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't that impressed when the MA put this on me (yet bought in anyway, weird!). But back at work and in the loo I did a double take when I saw my reflection in the mirror - my face looked magically younger! It doesn't disguise dark circles as such (well in the right light it does) but the whole area just looks lighter and fresher. Apply generously to the undereye area and pat in - don't rub. I like to dot this on my cheekbones, and also the cupids bow which makes my lips stand out more. The MA advised me to apply around the eyes and also in whiskers outwards from the nose to disguise smile lines and even out skin tone. Yep it disguises smile lines too, of course when you smile they tend to come back.

Another thing I like about this is that it doesn't sink into the fine lines around the eyes like some concealers, like what is the point of that!! Has a pleasant smell, and after a couple of months use still seems to have plenty left. Now that was my major gripe with Touche Eclat and also Guerlain's Issima product - gone after a couple of weeks - shocking considering how much these things cost. Yes, this is expensive, around 20 I think. But the best of these radiance pens that I have tried. I have this in the peachy shade 003 which works well on my tanned skin. Would probably buy a paler shade in winter.