December 22, 2014 | 1494 users online

Highlighters - Dior - Skinflash

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by diva2themax

Love SKinflash. I use it after my regular undereye concealer to enen further brighten my eye area since this is NOT a concealer. I don't see any shimmer in this at all just creamy pale pinky/beige. I use it in the #2 every single day now for almost a year & still have plenty left. I have YSL's TE & prefer Skinflash because it's creamier & is more opaque. I also prefer the twist pen of Dior over YSL's click pen.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2007 9:54:00 AM More reviews by stilamila

I tend to use Skinflash (in color no 3) on my undereye area. I think it is a great product for brightening my dark circles and it actually gives some, although not complete, coverage. I don't like the fact that it tends to get into the creases a little bit, but that isn't a major problem. After applying Skinflash I use some Shiseido Luminizing Powder to set the product and brighten the area even more. It works just like magic. The look is more rested and fresh, but at the same time still natural. Also there is a huge difference in photos. Skinflash + powder just seem to airbrush the creases and shadows under my eyes so that they are not detectable. Fantastic! My only complaint is that there is some struggle involved in getting the product out. I usually turn the end of the pen a few times and then press the product's brush onto the top of my hand. Then the product can be applied from the hand with the Skinflash brush or any other brush. A slight inconvenience there, but overall I am happy with the product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Disappointing and not a patch on Touche Eclat. Did not cover up dark circles and had fine glitter particles, which I hate.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG lightener/brightener. I don't see how this product can be a concealer unless you have virtually nothing to hide. Maybe works for *very* light undereye discoloration. But even then, don't think you'll get concealing as much as brightening/light reflecting.

For me, it's a relatively sheer, creamy product that I use under my eyes (for brightening once I have my HG concealer (Lancome Effiecernes) on). A bit done the middle of the nose. On the outer corners of the eyes. Even on the tops of the cheeks. Very pretty natural glow/light reflecting. I don't find it sparkly at all. IMHO, this is a far superious product to YSL Touch Eclat which is heavier and oilier.

I have 002. The packaging may seem cool in concept (you twist the container and some product comes out on the brush tip). But who really wants to dab a brush on their face (especially problems spots) and then put that back into the tube??? So I put some on the back of my hand and either apply with my finger or a concealer blush.

It holds well on other products. I'll often use my concealer on stubbon skin tags and spots, then my foundation, and if things are still looking through -- a touch of Skinflash seems to reflect light away and so I guess it does 'cover' in that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Starberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dior Skinflash is an AMAZING under eye concealer - it totally covers dark circles, evens out skin tone, and makes your skin look radiant. Fabulous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2006 11:32:00 AM More reviews by vodkabarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT - I've updated this - it's still no touche eclat but it is the best alternative, especially if like me you are allergic to the YSL products!

Good points:
*easy to blend
*did make my dark circles less obvious - a little coverage as well as highlighting
*good for brow and cheekbone highlighting - makes me look more awake in the mornings
*packaging looks gorgeous
* doesn't crease and wears well

Bad points:
* very expensive - less product than YSL or lancome in the pen for a comparable price

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2006 4:50:00 AM More reviews by rosadavan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This works great as a light highlighter rather than a concealer. I use it on my brow bone, bridge of nose and under the eyes (although I don't really get noticeable dark rings). It gives a nice subtle glow during the day especially when I feel like giving foundation a miss. It goes on white with extremely fine bits of shimmer that you can't notice unless you observe very closely and is very easy to blend. If you're looking for something that actually conceals dark rings or blemishes, this probably isn't for you. But highly reccommended for those who are after a nice everyday illuminator.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2006 3:14:00 AM More reviews by makeunder

I tried this out in 3 and just wasn't feeling right about it. So, I tried YSL on the other eye. Everyone I asked said they loved the YSL better. Dior's looks like nothing on, but still did it's job on highlighting. Wasn't concealing enough for slight dark circles. It comes in a click pen, which I hate cause it takes a while to keep turning. Will buy again if they ever discontinue YSL TE. See my review on YSL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2006 5:47:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really chunky highlighter pencil. I dont like the packaging at all. Also it really is a highlighter *only*. It does not conceal anything. I like it better than Revlon, YSL or Lumene but less than Lancome and Clarins. When I buy a highlighter pencil, I think it is great if it also provides a little coverage so I would not need to use 2 different products. This does not cover at all so I am not so happy with it. Though it must do something good for me because at the same day when I bought it, my mom was visiting me and she saw me using this and she said " It took your shadows away". I Like Clarins eclat minute and LAncome Flash Retouche better. The latest one is my HG highlighter pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 11:29:00 AM More reviews by coconoir

I am not one for heavy concealer that may end up looking cakey, I think that it just draws more attention to the problem, so this is ideal for me. As I don't really have problems with my undereyes, this does the job for me. Admittedly, this doesn't cover blemishes but makes them look a bit more tamed (if that makes sense..)