Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cetyl Ricinoleate(Chamomile (chamomilla recutita) extract), Isohexadecane, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Bisabolol(anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory), Chamomile Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate(vitamin E), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate(licorice root extract), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, BHT, Geranium, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben 5/29/09

on 8/3/2010 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG!!!! I used to alternate between this and Cetaphil depending on the weather but now that I'm using Retin-A, this is the only cleanser I can use! It's so gentle and leaves a very soft, clean finish with no residue. I wait for these to go on sale and stock up!

on 7/31/2010 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this stuff. HG!!! It's like washing your face with moisturizer. My skin is so baby soft after I use this, I can't stop touching my cheeks. It removes all of my make up (even sunscreen), and has no smell. 'Everything' has to smell like 'something' so I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It has no added fragrance, it just smells like unscented lotion. I love the basic packaging and the nice wide locking pump. I haven't broken out at all, and my face feels very clean after I use it. Will continue to purchase as long as they keep making it.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I was impressed. Its a good product

on 5/13/2010 2:07:00 PM

Revised review: It does feel like rubbing lotion on your face and rinsing it off, and it leaves a film... unless, it turns out, you ignore the directions and use really warm water instead of the recommended lukewarm water. Then it does a better job of cleansing and rinsing off. I like that it doesn't leave my skin dry. However, it's not as good at cleaning my pores or removing makeup as my old cleanser, and gets in the way of exfoliating with a face cloth. I like Earth Science A-D-E Cream Cleanser much better.

on 5/9/2010 10:33:00 PM

Broke me out in tiny bumps. Left film

on 5/1/2010 5:10:00 AM

Gets your skin feeling kinda clean, but it doesn't do anything about taking off makeup. It's ultra gentle... I don't know if it's a good thing or not. If you have sensitive skin than try this, otherwise it makes an ok morning cleanser (if your skin isn't too oily)

on 4/27/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. It is soothing and moisturising, so it suits my sensitive combination skin. I was wary of it at first, as my skin is prone to a few pimples, but I've never had any breakouts from it. Whenever I use it my skin is smooth, calmed and soft. I tend to favour using this in winter or when my skin needs a little TLC.
I apply a decent amount to dry skin and then use a little water to 'lather' it. After rubbing this in I'll wash it off.
My main problem with this cleanser is that it is quite expensive and doesn't seem to last long. The bottle is also a little annoying as it can be difficult to use up the last of the product.

on 4/2/2010 8:52:00 AM

I actually bought this cleanser as a package with the deep wrinkle moisture cream. The cleanser itself is NOT gentle. It actually burns my skin if I use it after removing my makeup with almond or jojoba oil. Also the packaging is not good. The product clogs in the dispenser and flys out when you push it too hard, then when its halfway done you have to open the bottle to take out the rest of the product. Overall I would not buy this product or recommend this. The name Extra Gentle makes this product very deceiving.

EDIT: i realized there is lactic acid in this cleanser which is why i initially was reacting to this cleanser, and now after using it for almost 6 months, my skin is seriously better than ever, followed by the deep wrinkle moisturizer.

on 3/2/2010 8:43:00 AM

I didn't find this product to be extra gentle at all. It dried my skin out, and did not remove my makeup at all.

on 2/16/2010 11:34:00 AM

This just doesn't feel like it's cleansing my face at all. I feel like I'm just smearing lotion on and rinsing it off. I also feel like it's leaving some sort of oily residue behind. I will not repurchase this nor will I use it again. In the trash it goes.