September 20, 2014 | 1739 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Jessica13th

Gets your skin feeling kinda clean, but it doesn't do anything about taking off makeup. It's ultra gentle... I don't know if it's a good thing or not. If you have sensitive skin than try this, otherwise it makes an ok morning cleanser (if your skin isn't too oily)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by elin22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser. It is soothing and moisturising, so it suits my sensitive combination skin. I was wary of it at first, as my skin is prone to a few pimples, but I've never had any breakouts from it. Whenever I use it my skin is smooth, calmed and soft. I tend to favour using this in winter or when my skin needs a little TLC.
I apply a decent amount to dry skin and then use a little water to 'lather' it. After rubbing this in I'll wash it off.
My main problem with this cleanser is that it is quite expensive and doesn't seem to last long. The bottle is also a little annoying as it can be difficult to use up the last of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this cleanser as a package with the deep wrinkle moisture cream. The cleanser itself is NOT gentle. It actually burns my skin if I use it after removing my makeup with almond or jojoba oil. Also the packaging is not good. The product clogs in the dispenser and flys out when you push it too hard, then when its halfway done you have to open the bottle to take out the rest of the product. Overall I would not buy this product or recommend this. The name Extra Gentle makes this product very deceiving.

EDIT: i realized there is lactic acid in this cleanser which is why i initially was reacting to this cleanser, and now after using it for almost 6 months, my skin is seriously better than ever, followed by the deep wrinkle moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by karaEMP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't find this product to be extra gentle at all. It dried my skin out, and did not remove my makeup at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Hollynla

This just doesn't feel like it's cleansing my face at all. I feel like I'm just smearing lotion on and rinsing it off. I also feel like it's leaving some sort of oily residue behind. I will not repurchase this nor will I use it again. In the trash it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ambodidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently tried this product because I'm trying to spend less money on my regime (aren't we all?). My skin has become very dry in the last two years because of thyroid issues, and because I use retinoids and Mandelic Acid in spite of this. This cleanser is excellent, it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry like most others. It usually leaves my face feeling clean. Some people don't feel clean unless they're squeaky clean, but that is a sign of your skin being stripped of its natural oils completely. It doesn't do a good job of taking off make-up and sunscreen, so I'd probably have to use a cleansing oil if I wore a full face of make-up. I need to use it twice to take off sunscreen. Some people have said it's too greasy, but I haven't found that to be the case at all. It's not as good as my favourite, Dermalogica Ultra Calming, but it's still very good and probably about a quarter of the price. I'd definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by cutebetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with many of the other posters. This product is great at being gentle, but falls way short on the cleansing part. I have dry, sensitive skin that is easily irritated, so I need something very gentle. But I also wear makeup and need to clean it all off at night. This product doesn't help with that. I found Olay DF Cloths for Sensitive Skin are awesome at removing all makeup, but are still gentle. Honestly, save your money and skip this product. It just doesn't do anything - you may as well splash some water on your face and it would be just as 'cleansed.' I will not repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by iceburger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does exactly what it says. It is indeed extra gentle so don't expect it to do any deep cleaning and it is indeed very moisturizing. Every time after I cleanse with this my skin feels very hydrated.

I would recommend this to those of you have sensitive skin since this is very gentle, doesn't burn or irritate at all, but not to people who need a a strong cleanser.

This was quite cheap, but I can't remember how much I bought it for. I won't be repurchasing because I've found better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This cleanser doesn't exactly cleanse your face, but i find it nice because its just like putting on an extremely light lotion on your face & washing it off leaves your face so nice and soft. I love dissolving two aspirin and mixing it with this cleanser because its gentle YET fantastically exfoliating, try it out :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by bronzesparrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this cleanser but only used it twice before I gave it away. It just did not do anything for me. I guess I'm used to foaming cleansers but this just felt like spreading butter or oil or something all over my face. It didn't take hardly any of my makeup off and it left my skin feeling a little slick and unclean. I'm sure this cleanser would be excellent for someone with very very dry skin, but it didn't work for me at all.