April 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My lashes being often considered my best feature, I decided to maximize the effect my favourite mascaras would give me, and throw down $14 CAN for a primer. I was extremely pleased with the results. It seriously made my lashes look fake, and the brush made it quite easy to apply. With thickening mascara, my lashes were at least 3 times bigger, with lengthening mascara the tips actually touched my eyebrow! Recommended, although it doesn't work in well in conjunction with all mascaras, for example it made Define-a-Lash volume flake off.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by breezyboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This definitely magnifies the effect of mascara on my eyelashes like no other. The BEST primer I have ever tried! :) It also conditions your eyelashes with vitamins, after you wash off your mascara, your lashes feel soft and strong.

Oh God, I love this! :) Clinique for LIFE!

Edit: This stuff now just weighs down my lashes and makes them lose their curl, which sucks. I'd buy it again IF Clinique made their mascaras not make people LOSE THEIR CURL, I hate that!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 5:21:00 AM More reviews by xbeautyjunkiex

this primer is the best i've ever tried and so much better than shiseido's mascara base. it seperates, thickens, lenghtens my lashes and holds the curl. i think that it at least doubles the effect of every mascara. the best thing about it (which differs it from other primers) is that it leaves the lashes soft so that the mascara can glide on easily and doensn't clump. my lashes look thick and "healthy" and not spidery like they used to when i used shiseido. another pro is that this primer is cheaper than other ones. it's definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Keii23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

O_o
The good:
this product is amazing it make my lashes look longer!
I have blonde stubby lashes but with this they look so so so much longer i've been asked am i wearing false lashes a phew times too *bonus* WOO :)

The bad:
Anyway most mascara's have a sell by date of 6 months however this product start to go down hill after 2months and by the time it gets to 3months you start getting cunky stuff around the edge which i can only describe as mold! By the time 3 months comes the brush goes down hill so despite the container say it will last 6 months it lastest 4 at the most :(

The ugly/ my conclusion:
So by 4 months this product is virtualy unuseable so it's fairly cheap but not considering it doesn't last very long and you would have to buy a new one every 3 months.
However i would buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I have never been interested in a lash primer even though I have sparse, short lashes. My 2 fave mascaras ( MAC Plush Lash & CG Lash Blast) have always done a gr8 job on their own volumizing & lengthening my lashes. But...I surprisingly received Clinique's Lash Building primer as an extra in a swap, and figured, "What the heck, I'll give it a try."

WOW! Honestly, I could see a HUGE difference in my lashes when using this primer. When I applied this primer, it was as if I was wearing a white mascara. The primer coated all of my lashes evenly, and did not irritate my eyes which by the way are not sensitive to begin with. After I applied the primer to both eyes, I applied my mascara ( MAC Plush Lash) and the results were instant and amazing. My lashes looked so much thicker, longer, and I believe the primer helped intesify the black coloring of my mascara that much more. My lashes were not clumpy or crunchy, and did not flake. I had the same wonderful results when I used the primer w/ Lash Blast also.

I was happy with the results I even had to tell my mom to go and buy it, as our lashes are alike. She has been using it daily now for 3 weeks and likes it just as much as I do. I did end up buying the f/s version of this product, and for me the price is right ( $11 ~ from an AFB, no tax...yay). The only complaint I have w/ this product is that 3 weeks into it, I notice the primer seems clumpy on the wand. I don't think it's dried out, but I just wipe the excess off. I can also imagine this primer working well with colored mascaras such as blue or purple ( I don't wear those shades), as since the primer is white, it is a great base to intensify colored mascaras...lol!

All-in-all, I am impressed w/ this primer and now know the importance of using a lash primer before mascara...yes, I would repurchase ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by scsevenone

i was reluctant to buy this product at first, but i decided to take a chance... & now, i love it! w/ my short asian lashes! it really works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by wslam00

I love this primer. I picked this up on a whim since I am still trying to figure out what works best for my stick straight short asian lashes. I stopped using mascara for awhile, and stuck to just eyeliner since no mascara or primer with mascara would do much to open up my eyes. I can't believe how great this product is! The packaging should be prettier, but I am glad it is cheap compared to other drugstore primers and I think this one works the best so far! I have really minimal lower lashes and this gives me a good amount of lashes below and mascara doesn't clump with it on. It makes my top lashes a lot fuller without the weight. I've used Lancome's Cils booster, and I think that one is either too wet or clumpy. I could never keep my curl using it.. I love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lisa4195

Although I usually use Estee Lauder's lash primer, I was being cheap and bought this one at Sephora. I had to return it. It clumped beyond repair, and did nothing for volume or curl. It is counter productive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 8:19:00 AM More reviews by boscojones3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice product. I have very long eyelashes, but I need something to plump 'em up. This does the trick. It does not clump. I have also used Lancome's lash primer. I can't really tell the difference. Lancome's may be a bit thicker. Clinique's price is a little bit better than most of the major brands. Try it - you might like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually love Clinique products, but I was disappointed with this one. I have pretty long eyelashes already, but I was looking for a base to make my mascara apply better. Unfortunately, this was not it. I think it dried too fast which made my normal mascara application clumpy. Needless to say I returned to my SA and bought Long Pretty Lashes mascara which I think is beautiful. But don't be discouraged from trying this product, it simply did not work for me.