August 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

This primer was not too bad. It did moisturize my lashes, and gave me extra volume,not to mention it did not irritate my sensative eyes, however that is where the pros end. For me, it really clumped my lashes and you could still see the white primed tips of my lashes even after using various different types of mascaras. I suppose this product is only compatible with certain mascaras- just none of what I own. Even when I could get my mascara to look right, my mascaras began to smudge due to the moistening properties of the primer.

This is an OK product, but definitely not for my lashes. I think I will just stick to regular mascara without the primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a decent, less pricey alternative to Shiseido's mascara base. My lashes are much longer and fuller with this primer than with Clinique Glossy mascara alone. Shiseido's product delivered more dramatic results, but I'll be using Clinique's primer when I feel like shelling out $14 instead of $22.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally dark thick lashesl so I tried this product on a whim to get the "fake lashes" without wearing fakes look.

Pros: It gives the look of fake lashes, not too costly, easy to use brush

Cons: It has an odor so it may be hard to tell when it has gone bad. Only made for those with minimal lashels.

To explain that last bit further - if you already have fairly good lashes, instead of taking it to the next level, this primer takes it to the extreme. So instead of model lashes, you get hooker lashes. It is fine (great!) for going out clubbing, but definitely not for use right before an office meeting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My lashes being often considered my best feature, I decided to maximize the effect my favourite mascaras would give me, and throw down $14 CAN for a primer. I was extremely pleased with the results. It seriously made my lashes look fake, and the brush made it quite easy to apply. With thickening mascara, my lashes were at least 3 times bigger, with lengthening mascara the tips actually touched my eyebrow! Recommended, although it doesn't work in well in conjunction with all mascaras, for example it made Define-a-Lash volume flake off.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by breezyboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This definitely magnifies the effect of mascara on my eyelashes like no other. The BEST primer I have ever tried! :) It also conditions your eyelashes with vitamins, after you wash off your mascara, your lashes feel soft and strong.

Oh God, I love this! :) Clinique for LIFE!

Edit: This stuff now just weighs down my lashes and makes them lose their curl, which sucks. I'd buy it again IF Clinique made their mascaras not make people LOSE THEIR CURL, I hate that!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 5:21:00 AM More reviews by xbeautyjunkiex

this primer is the best i've ever tried and so much better than shiseido's mascara base. it seperates, thickens, lenghtens my lashes and holds the curl. i think that it at least doubles the effect of every mascara. the best thing about it (which differs it from other primers) is that it leaves the lashes soft so that the mascara can glide on easily and doensn't clump. my lashes look thick and "healthy" and not spidery like they used to when i used shiseido. another pro is that this primer is cheaper than other ones. it's definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Keii23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

O_o
The good:
this product is amazing it make my lashes look longer!
I have blonde stubby lashes but with this they look so so so much longer i've been asked am i wearing false lashes a phew times too *bonus* WOO :)

The bad:
Anyway most mascara's have a sell by date of 6 months however this product start to go down hill after 2months and by the time it gets to 3months you start getting cunky stuff around the edge which i can only describe as mold! By the time 3 months comes the brush goes down hill so despite the container say it will last 6 months it lastest 4 at the most :(

The ugly/ my conclusion:
So by 4 months this product is virtualy unuseable so it's fairly cheap but not considering it doesn't last very long and you would have to buy a new one every 3 months.
However i would buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I have never been interested in a lash primer even though I have sparse, short lashes. My 2 fave mascaras ( MAC Plush Lash & CG Lash Blast) have always done a gr8 job on their own volumizing & lengthening my lashes. But...I surprisingly received Clinique's Lash Building primer as an extra in a swap, and figured, "What the heck, I'll give it a try."

WOW! Honestly, I could see a HUGE difference in my lashes when using this primer. When I applied this primer, it was as if I was wearing a white mascara. The primer coated all of my lashes evenly, and did not irritate my eyes which by the way are not sensitive to begin with. After I applied the primer to both eyes, I applied my mascara ( MAC Plush Lash) and the results were instant and amazing. My lashes looked so much thicker, longer, and I believe the primer helped intesify the black coloring of my mascara that much more. My lashes were not clumpy or crunchy, and did not flake. I had the same wonderful results when I used the primer w/ Lash Blast also.

I was happy with the results I even had to tell my mom to go and buy it, as our lashes are alike. She has been using it daily now for 3 weeks and likes it just as much as I do. I did end up buying the f/s version of this product, and for me the price is right ( $11 ~ from an AFB, no tax...yay). The only complaint I have w/ this product is that 3 weeks into it, I notice the primer seems clumpy on the wand. I don't think it's dried out, but I just wipe the excess off. I can also imagine this primer working well with colored mascaras such as blue or purple ( I don't wear those shades), as since the primer is white, it is a great base to intensify colored mascaras...lol!

All-in-all, I am impressed w/ this primer and now know the importance of using a lash primer before mascara...yes, I would repurchase ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by scsevenone

i was reluctant to buy this product at first, but i decided to take a chance... & now, i love it! w/ my short asian lashes! it really works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by wslam00

I love this primer. I picked this up on a whim since I am still trying to figure out what works best for my stick straight short asian lashes. I stopped using mascara for awhile, and stuck to just eyeliner since no mascara or primer with mascara would do much to open up my eyes. I can't believe how great this product is! The packaging should be prettier, but I am glad it is cheap compared to other drugstore primers and I think this one works the best so far! I have really minimal lower lashes and this gives me a good amount of lashes below and mascara doesn't clump with it on. It makes my top lashes a lot fuller without the weight. I've used Lancome's Cils booster, and I think that one is either too wet or clumpy. I could never keep my curl using it.. I love this stuff!