Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

I bought this two years ago, and I should probably discard it (it's become it's own grave in my medicine cabinet). Regardless, it was unpleasant. Beyond moisturizing, and more like greasy. It even burned my eyes a couple of times. And in the end, my lashes were gross. My eyes, were gross. Just an awful product.

I wish I found this site before I bought this thing. 3 pads barely removed my non waterproof mascara - but it was a lycra blend - and still had to rub out with tissue. after washing my face with soap/ exfoliator a million times, my oily eye circles remain. plus it irritated my eyelids. do not like.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I feel the urge to defend and bash this product at the same time.
I'll start with defending it:
It DOES clearly say on the bottle that it is a Moisturizing formula. Also, if you read the ingredients, you'll see that the main ingredient is mineral oil. And it also removes makeup as promised. No false advertising
Negatives:
It is SO oily. Again, not a surprise since the main ingredient is mineral oil, but this remover is just downright unpleasant! It feels soooo oily that it goes beyond just moisturizing to turn you into a grease ball.
I left it on my tissue box accidentally, and it left an oil stain the size of a bowl. Ugh.
Overall, it removes makeup, but is just way too unpleasant.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ew ew ew!!! These are so oily and nasty on my skin! Yes, they DO remove your makeup, but you are left with oily eyelids. You have to scrub to get all of the grease off...hopefully the oil-free version is better!

This is one of my least favorite eye makeup removers I have ever tried. The extreme oiliness of these really turned me off. I just couldn't stand touching them, and really hated putting these on my eyes. Removal was okay, but not perfect, and certainly not worth putting up with the oiliness and the film I felt in my eyes after using. I was determined to use them up, didn't want to throw money in the garbage. Made it through about half the jar, but couldn't take it any more. In the garbage they went.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Great for taking off hard to remove makeup at nite! I have tried both these and the oil free pads, I prefer these for removing my makeup completely at nite and the oil free pads for touch ups and fixing makeup errors!

These are recommended in the Best of Beauty section of Allure magazine. I have no idea why. Normally, I feel I can rely on Allure because I thought they were independent, but I guess not. I needed the moisturizing pads to remove waterproof liner. Aside from the fact that it takes at least 3 pads to remove most of the eye makeup, it leaves a serious oily residue, which does not go away after flushing with water (or even rubbing with a water-soaked cotton ball). I'm a contact lens wearer, and the oily film is a major problem for me.

This product removes all eye-makeup, easily! I bought both the oil-free (moisturizing) and the oil-"full" packages, so that I could compare the two.

Oil Free Version (NOT labeled as "moisturizing):
The oil-free product was much more effective at taking away the eye-makeup. I wear liquid liner, everyday, and I wear a lot of mascara. I few swipes of the Almay sheets and the make-up is completely gone!

Oily-Version:
Yucko! It took the make-up off (although not as quickly as the oil-free version did), but it left a film of oil around my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

okay, this stuff really works. it IS oily, but thats what works! super cheap, and amazing at getting all the eye makeup off! before i used this, i would wake up every morning to find leftover eyeliner smudged below my eyes, but with this i start the day off without having to worry about the residue left!!
definitely recommend for those who don't mind the oily-ness. I do wash my face after using it.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

These pads were just an oily, greasy mess and the oil reside left on my eyes made wearing my contacts the next day a very blurry and painful experience. It is not the worse product I have used to remove my waterproof eye makeup (for it did succeed at this task) but the oily reside negates this fact and this product is high on my DO NOT REPURCHASE LIST FOR LIFE.