July 28, 2014 | 1906 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by funkameleon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ew ew ew!!! These are so oily and nasty on my skin! Yes, they DO remove your makeup, but you are left with oily eyelids. You have to scrub to get all of the grease off...hopefully the oil-free version is better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is one of my least favorite eye makeup removers I have ever tried. The extreme oiliness of these really turned me off. I just couldn't stand touching them, and really hated putting these on my eyes. Removal was okay, but not perfect, and certainly not worth putting up with the oiliness and the film I felt in my eyes after using. I was determined to use them up, didn't want to throw money in the garbage. Made it through about half the jar, but couldn't take it any more. In the garbage they went.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by uqureshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for taking off hard to remove makeup at nite! I have tried both these and the oil free pads, I prefer these for removing my makeup completely at nite and the oil free pads for touch ups and fixing makeup errors!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

These are recommended in the Best of Beauty section of Allure magazine. I have no idea why. Normally, I feel I can rely on Allure because I thought they were independent, but I guess not. I needed the moisturizing pads to remove waterproof liner. Aside from the fact that it takes at least 3 pads to remove most of the eye makeup, it leaves a serious oily residue, which does not go away after flushing with water (or even rubbing with a water-soaked cotton ball). I'm a contact lens wearer, and the oily film is a major problem for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyChimp

This product removes all eye-makeup, easily! I bought both the oil-free (moisturizing) and the oil-"full" packages, so that I could compare the two.

Oil Free Version (NOT labeled as "moisturizing):
The oil-free product was much more effective at taking away the eye-makeup. I wear liquid liner, everyday, and I wear a lot of mascara. I few swipes of the Almay sheets and the make-up is completely gone!

Oily-Version:
Yucko! It took the make-up off (although not as quickly as the oil-free version did), but it left a film of oil around my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by tokyomimi21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

okay, this stuff really works. it IS oily, but thats what works! super cheap, and amazing at getting all the eye makeup off! before i used this, i would wake up every morning to find leftover eyeliner smudged below my eyes, but with this i start the day off without having to worry about the residue left!!
definitely recommend for those who don't mind the oily-ness. I do wash my face after using it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These pads were just an oily, greasy mess and the oil reside left on my eyes made wearing my contacts the next day a very blurry and painful experience. It is not the worse product I have used to remove my waterproof eye makeup (for it did succeed at this task) but the oily reside negates this fact and this product is high on my DO NOT REPURCHASE LIST FOR LIFE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These are really good at removing even the most waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Gentle and non-irritating for the eye area too. I have tried some things that burn my eyes, these do not burn at all. I really like them.
My only complaint is that one time I got a package of them that were dried out when I opened it, but the ones at the bottom of the container were not as dried out as the ones at the top. I have bought them 3 times and that only happened once. Hopefully it won't happen again, if it did I might look for something else.
UPDATE: I have since bought several more of these and I have not had any more issues with the pads being dryed out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I like this makeup remover. I've tried oil-free varieties and they just don't take all my makeup off and you have to scrub your eyes more, to boot. Plus, this doesn't sting or irritate my eyes whatsoever. Yes, if you are taking off a lot of eye makeup then it will make your vision a little blurry, but I find that as long as I wash my face after, it's not a problem. I got these on a BOGO sale, so the price was worth it (~$4 normally).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, this is definitely the cheapest eye makeup remover in PAD form out there and that's what actually made me pick this up. Yeah, it's oily, but that's why they call it moisturizing. Before using these pads I was using baby oil on a cotton pad so the oiliness does not bother me one bit. Plus, the oil (IMO) is the only thing that can take off my ridiculously strong waterproof eye makeup. I actually love this formulation. The non-oily version stings my eyes, but as you can see from the reviews, it is less irritating to others so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Overall, I think it's a great product for removing stubborn eye makeup AND it's super cheap compared to other brands I've seen at grocery stores. You usually get 80 in a normal packet and 100 when they have the special ones on promo for the same price as you would for other brands that only give you 30 pads!