Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 12/17/2009 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I feel the urge to defend and bash this product at the same time.
I'll start with defending it:
It DOES clearly say on the bottle that it is a Moisturizing formula. Also, if you read the ingredients, you'll see that the main ingredient is mineral oil. And it also removes makeup as promised. No false advertising
It is SO oily. Again, not a surprise since the main ingredient is mineral oil, but this remover is just downright unpleasant! It feels soooo oily that it goes beyond just moisturizing to turn you into a grease ball.
I left it on my tissue box accidentally, and it left an oil stain the size of a bowl. Ugh.
Overall, it removes makeup, but is just way too unpleasant.

on 11/20/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is really oily on your lids but it removes eye makeup super well because it is an oil formula. I do find that the oil free version of this is easier to used but I think this removes stubborn makeup better. I do find this one expensive and unnecessary. I mean its nice that it comes in a pad preloaded with oil but this is no different than if you went out and bought some jojoba oil, put some on a tissue, btw is what I used to take off my makeup everyday. Also, I use waterproof mascara, lots of eyeshadow and heavy eyeliner everyday. Jojoba oil is like a few bucks a bottle and I know that stuff is good for your skin and non comedogenic where as this stuff I'm not sure.

on 11/20/2009 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ew ew ew!!! These are so oily and nasty on my skin! Yes, they DO remove your makeup, but you are left with oily eyelids. You have to scrub to get all of the grease off...hopefully the oil-free version is better!

on 11/12/2009 9:54:00 AM

This is one of my least favorite eye makeup removers I have ever tried. The extreme oiliness of these really turned me off. I just couldn't stand touching them, and really hated putting these on my eyes. Removal was okay, but not perfect, and certainly not worth putting up with the oiliness and the film I felt in my eyes after using. I was determined to use them up, didn't want to throw money in the garbage. Made it through about half the jar, but couldn't take it any more. In the garbage they went.

on 11/1/2009 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Great for taking off hard to remove makeup at nite! I have tried both these and the oil free pads, I prefer these for removing my makeup completely at nite and the oil free pads for touch ups and fixing makeup errors!

on 10/6/2009 11:28:00 AM

These are recommended in the Best of Beauty section of Allure magazine. I have no idea why. Normally, I feel I can rely on Allure because I thought they were independent, but I guess not. I needed the moisturizing pads to remove waterproof liner. Aside from the fact that it takes at least 3 pads to remove most of the eye makeup, it leaves a serious oily residue, which does not go away after flushing with water (or even rubbing with a water-soaked cotton ball). I'm a contact lens wearer, and the oily film is a major problem for me.

This product removes all eye-makeup, easily! I bought both the oil-free (moisturizing) and the oil-"full" packages, so that I could compare the two.

Oil Free Version (NOT labeled as "moisturizing):
The oil-free product was much more effective at taking away the eye-makeup. I wear liquid liner, everyday, and I wear a lot of mascara. I few swipes of the Almay sheets and the make-up is completely gone!

Yucko! It took the make-up off (although not as quickly as the oil-free version did), but it left a film of oil around my eyes.

on 10/4/2009 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

okay, this stuff really works. it IS oily, but thats what works! super cheap, and amazing at getting all the eye makeup off! before i used this, i would wake up every morning to find leftover eyeliner smudged below my eyes, but with this i start the day off without having to worry about the residue left!!
definitely recommend for those who don't mind the oily-ness. I do wash my face after using it.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

These pads were just an oily, greasy mess and the oil reside left on my eyes made wearing my contacts the next day a very blurry and painful experience. It is not the worse product I have used to remove my waterproof eye makeup (for it did succeed at this task) but the oily reside negates this fact and this product is high on my DO NOT REPURCHASE LIST FOR LIFE.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

These are really good at removing even the most waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Gentle and non-irritating for the eye area too. I have tried some things that burn my eyes, these do not burn at all. I really like them.
My only complaint is that one time I got a package of them that were dried out when I opened it, but the ones at the bottom of the container were not as dried out as the ones at the top. I have bought them 3 times and that only happened once. Hopefully it won't happen again, if it did I might look for something else.
UPDATE: I have since bought several more of these and I have not had any more issues with the pads being dryed out.