October 24, 2014 | 1779 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Ihearttintin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: 10/12/13:
Alright... I hate to say this but I am no longer a fan. I find that if you're great at blending or a great makeup artist, then you can handle this concealer. Don't get me wrong- I love the packaging and how there are 2 colors...I love the concept but I can't do it. I'm just your average, everyday working gal that just needs a concealer that sticks on my face for hours. Something Simple. I don't have time to blend anymore or to make sure it doesn't look like I have light spots all over my face to cover the acne spots haha I am just going to stick to stick concealers or cream. I just need to tap and blend a bit and I'm good to go. Also, I have combo skin and when the fall and winter season come, I find it hard to get it out of the package without looking too cakey.
-----------------------------------------------------
"THIS is the concealer for acne marks and hyper-pigmentation"
I think I may have found my HG concealer. I'm someone with ALOT of acne marks. My skin is olive so alot of the marks become very dark and pigmented. They're so annoying to get rid of. I admit, I did not cooperate with the texture of this product. I preferred cream or liquid concealers rather than this. I thought it was weird having 2 colors - one that was way too light and one that was about right. I got used to this over time and application became much more simple. It's APRIL and I bought this in January and I'm already running out :( Good stuff. Just make sure to apply a setting powder on where you've concealed. Also, this is NOT for under eyes - I recommend a liquid concealer for that one. I use MAC's prolong wear concealer for that. Oh and I might add, the lighter color is great as a highlighter, if you want to contour your nose.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff. I am never without it in my bag. I use it to cover blemishes and redness. NOTHING lasts like it. It covers amazingly well and stays put until you take it off and it does not. I agree with Issey- this is not a concealor for under your eyes. It is not sold as such.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by isseymiyake

Come on MUAers, you are NOT supposed to use this concealer for undereye!!!! There are tons of helpful reviews here highlighting this point and I do not understand why people are just blind about it. This is a great concealer for pimples, redness, etc. Great range of color choices. And the texture is designed for a long lasting coverage! The application could be tricky, so go to the counter / youtube and look for an experienced BA/user for suggestions.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so annoyed I bought this. I had a makeover done at the counter, paid 10 deposit so I had to buy something or lose the deposit. For a start, the makeup artist DID NOT do my makeup - the regular MUA did. And all she did was remove what I had on, and despite me asking for a wedding look, reapplied it almost exactly the same. I mean, WTAF?
Anyway, onto the product. I told the MUA that I wanted to try a full coverage foundation as I normally use sheer. I don't have blemished skin, but I do have large pores and quite a red undertone which is hard to cover. He dismissed totally what I said and used foundation and then this concealer on the red bits.
Now, I do own a concealer, but I only use it for blemishes and under the eyes. I don't like it to tone down red especially, as it looks caked on and looks nasty once the oils start breaking through, especially on my nose. Granted I didn't tell him this, but I did say I had combination skin that was particularly oily on my nose.
This product is ok. I don't find it easy to blend, I gather you are supposed to pick up a bit of product from each side and blend till it matches skin tone. Ok, except it doesn't really work that way! I goes on fairly nicely and I admit the colour matching is very good, but I just don't like using concealers! Therefore, this was a 26 mistake that will probably only be used on the very rare occasions when I go out in the evening.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Disgusting. Laura Mercier just launched in Singapore in Sephora and i was so excited to try this. What a disappointment! Forget the colour range, the texture is like HARD clay. I am NOT going to use this anywhere near my under-eye area!! And the testers were brand new mind you. As for the colours, there is no colour that is yellow enough AND rich enough to match my skintone. The darker colours tend to be orangey. Price was 40+++ sing dollars, obviously way higher than the US price. For that markup, the quality is horrible, sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't use it under my eyes but it is the strongest and longest-staying concealer I have ever used. Great for covering spots and pigmentation marks and it's a big box and lasts forever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by cavalli

Finally... I've found my HG concealer. It covers so well and a little goes a long way. I usually apply it with my fingertips and the warmth from my hands definitely makes the consistency a lot smoother. I'm so happy with this purchase and can't recommend it enough. The two colors are perfect for blending and creating a custom pigment for your skintone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by higgsj17

I have only used this concealer two times so far, but I love the coverage and the Matt finish however the concealer is very hard and not creamy. I love the idea of a custom match I purchased SC-7 (FYI MAC nw45) The price point isn't bad 2 concealers basically for $28 from sephora. Wears well last all day! I almost love anything creamy when it's comes to complexion products :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a Lisa Eldridge fan and have watched her use this a stack of times. I was colour matched with SC-3 which i thought was too dark for me but blended really well on my skin when I was wearing Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20.
Yes, the product is hard, yes it takes some work to soften it, yes it takes time to apply well but to me all those things are fine given the result you get. Covers blemishes brilliantly and doesn't slip and slide. Covers redness really well also.
I wouldn't use it for the under eye area but i'm not sure that's what it's for anyway!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by bambam444

The best thing about this concealer is that you can match it exactly to your skin tone in both summer and winter. Its quite hard to apply and is far too thick to use under the eyes, so needs to be applied with a very small brush to spots. For this it is brilliant and gives excellent coverage, and as there is so much product it lasts a very long time. The packaging is easy to use but after a couple of months the case broke making it very easy for dirt to get onto the concealer. It is great in terms of coverage and colour but as just a product for spots (it took a long time to get good coverage under the eye) it is far too expensive so I would not repurchase.