April 24, 2014 | 1695 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by stacymonique

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing concealer, but it is a little tricky to use. I live in Houston where during the �winter� the weather can fluctuate 20 degrees from one day to the next. This helped me understand how best to use this product. Thankfully, I used it for the first time when it was warm and it applied well, giving a thin but completely opaque coverage that looked like my real skin�not a cakey mess. However, when it got cold this concealer was hard as a rock�I even bent all the hairs on my concealer brush trying to use it. I couldn�t get hardly any product on the brush, much less on my skin. I found that if I blasted the bottom of the packaging for about 15 seconds with my hair dryer that the product warmed up and the application went back to being flawless. Of course that doesn�t really help me when I need to do a touch up while I am out. This product is not really designed for use under the eye, as it is a rather dry product, but I find that when it is warm and soft, it can easily be applied under the eye and it gives great coverage that doesn�t budge or crease. It is the dry, firm quality of this concealer that makes it great, but those same characteristics can make it hard to use, so if you live in a cold climate I probably wouldn�t bother with it, but if you live in a warm climate it is the best.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I had to return this to Sephora, it just wasn't working out for my dry skin. The corrector side was fine, it was creamy and workable. The concealer side was really hard, dry, and waxy. It had to mix my moisturizer in it to get it workable. Which is unacceptable for the price, it required to much effort. I'm NC 20/25 and bought this in SC-2.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by aelgn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a high end product so I probably won't be repurchasing it. It is a nice concealer but I think I could find I much cheaper one somewhere else. I do recommend this but only if you have that kind of money to spend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Seannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this concealer! I was looking for a good concealer for concealing acne and acne scarring since I have quite a lot of problems with that and have been looking for a product to conceal this problem for quite sometime. This is by far the best concealer I have found to this date for that purpose. It isn't as creamy as other concealers and so I like to apply it with my clean fingers since it helps warm up the product and makes it easier to apply. I then use a regular concealer brush to blend the edges. I must say that if you are looking for a concealer for undereyes this is not the product you should go for. It doesn't cut it for that purpose.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by blushmetweetme

This product works great with a precision brush on individual spots and blemishes. However, it is totally the wrong consistency for under the eyes, and therefore in my opinion does not qualify for full marks. Also, you can not buff it on large areas, eg on your chin, between your eyebrows, because it is really, really drying, and sticks to dry flaky patches. For blemishes this concealer works, I only wish it worked under the eyes too. I would buy this again through just because it works so well on blemishes!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

I bought this product because I read a lot of good reviews about it and sure enough, it was indeed a very good product. I bought it in SC-3 and I've mainly used the large side of the concealer so far. I find the smaller side to be too dark. I find SC-2 (smaller side) to be too pink even though the larger side is essentially the same shade. I figure I'll use the darker shade someday when I finally get tanned. The consistency is thick so it's good for blemishes. I use it for under eye dark circles occasionally too but I make sure to dab it on very lightly or I mix it with a little bit of moisturizer or toner.
For reference, I have light-medium skin with neutral undertone. I find NC20 to be too yellow/orange for me. And NW15 is too pink. I currently mix NW 15 and NC20 together to get the right shade.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by gypsy8579

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I see so many reviews that this product is horrible for under eye concealer, too dry, cakey, etc. Well, that's because it's not an under eye concealer! The two colors are meant to blend to a perfect shade to conceal any imperfections on your face. Once you get used to it and figure out how many times to swipe your brush in each color, you will see how amazing this concealer is. Great coverage that lasts all day on all skin types. I would not recommend using this under your eyes, it's too dry and it's not formulated for under eye anyway. We have no oil glands under our eyes, this is why we need a creamy concealer to use for dark circles. A dry concealer will just cake and crease. I recommend reading usage and directions on LM website before purchasing, using, then giving bad reviews because you are using it incorrectly. I don't mean to sound rude, but being a makeup artist this just aggravates me. So there's my rant;). This product will last at least a year with daily use, has great sleek packaging, and full coverage. Please visit the website of whatever MU you are thinking of purchasing to read proper usage of the product.

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ls468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cakes and creases and slides all over within a couple of hours of application. It is a total disaster for my skin, even with Benefit stay don't stray undereye primer. Totally disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by nobby11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok so this is a very specific concealer in my opinion for a very specific skin type. I'm sure it's not wholly designed to be that way but I read a lot of reviews and feel this works so well for some and disastrously for others based mainly on skin type/complaint. I have skin that errs on the side of oily, is spot prone and scarred from hormonal outbreaks. It's pale in winter but very tan in summer.
I love this product but before I bought it I struggled to decide which colour combo to purchase. In the uk there aren't so many counters selling it and I couldn't find many reviews online comparing the shades to mac shades. I bought this via the web so really had to do my homework before deciding to pay out so much. So for anyone that this may help, I am anything from NC20-NC30 for foundation most of the year round. I tend to always use NC20 concealer for counteracting reddish scars. I bought LMSC in SC-3 and it's very close to my NC20 mac concealer. A touch warmer perhaps, but maybe even for the better. The larger palette has concealer close to NC20 and the smaller palette contains a peachier concealer. Both are the same consistency.
I find like others, this concealer is quite hard in the palette but to me the less oil and slip, the better it stays on my skin. I also find working it a little with a small concealer brush in the palette makes it creamy enough to apply easily. I need so little of this concealer to hide a spot or my scars and it definitely lasts longer than my mac studio finish concealer. The peachy concealer works great as an under-eye concealer provided it's not caked on. I prefer to use my fingers for this and because it's very pigmented a light covering blended well does the job. I warm a little on my ring finger and push gently into the dark under-eye area. I may then use a larger flatter concealer brush to lightly blend it all or a patting motion with my finger to even it out. I will say despite having more oily skin my under eye area can be quite dry so I really do feel this technique would work for anyone. Overall this is expensive but it will last me a long time and so far it's become a staple in my own makeup bag.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pro's:
- Two colors allows you to blend to achieve a more custom shade
- Good coverage so sufficient for blemishes, with some eye cream it also works well as an undereye concealer.
- Compact is not bullky with a good mirror. No brush included.
- No fragrance and no prblems with skin irritation or breakouts.
- Good amount of product which lasts for ages (still havent finished my compact and it's been at least 12 months)

Con's:
- Consistency is very dry which may not appeal to people used to very creamy or liquid concealers.
- Could have done with smaller pan size and added a green or purple corrector.

I am NC20'ish with neutral tone and use SC2 for fair to light skin tones - matches beautifully.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No