AmLactin 12%

4.3

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose

on 1/2/2010 2:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have Kp on the back of my arms - the little white and red bumps that won't go away and become worse with scrubbing.
I have tried several creams and prescription but the Amlactin lotion works best on this area. After a week of use I saw a smoother surface. After a month, I still have some outbreaks but I can wear sleeveless tops without looking like a have some "icky" skin condition. While not perfect, it's the best solution I have found.

on 12/17/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This summer I went to the doctor to see how to deal with my bacne, which had gotten pretty bad and was bothering me a lot. To my surprise, she told me it wasn't bacne but KP. She told me to "exfoliate a lot". I already use scrubby mitts in the shower almost every day so I didn't really understand how I could possibly exfoliate more than I already do. Thanks to MUA I was turned on to lactic acid as a treatment for KP. I read the reviews, and they had AmLactin 12% at my local CVS, available without a prescription, for $15.79. I've never used body lotion before because I thought it was causing my "bacne", so it's a little strange for me. But I have to say this stuff definitely helps! Like the previous poster said, SLATHER it on. When I use this regularly it really helps heal the bumps. It's still pretty bumpy back there at the momnt because it had gotten really bad, but the KP on my arms is mostly gone and I'm hoping my back will clear up almost completely. On the negative side, it does reek of ammonia. I've found the smell stays for quite a while. Also, it takes a long, long time to sink in. I wouldn't wear this during the day for both these reasons, so I have another shower at night to put it on. Overall I think this is a great product for KP and the pros definitely outweigh the cons! But I did take off one lippie for the smell and time commitment involved.

on 11/22/2009 5:44:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 3 months, and it did help clear up my keratosis pillaris. The KP on my upper arms is the type where my little arm hairs get stuck in the pores and coil up, leaving a dark brownish bump. There's a small bit of hardened *stuff* in the pore as well.

My KP got better only after I started SLATHERING this stuff on. Don't go for the wimpy amount that you use for most lotions, it won't work with this lotion. Use enough so that you have to stand there and rub it in for a minute or two. Kind of annoying, but when I put up with it for a few weeks, I saw drastic improvements in my KP. However, it does not do much, if anything at all, for the hyperpigmentation left behind.

on 11/8/2009 12:51:00 PM

I am writing about LacHydrin, which I presume is a similar product. It is completely my HG skin lotion and the skin on my legs and arms has never looked so good. I have been using this for about 5 years and it has cleared up those keratosis bumpies that I've had on my upper arms for 30 years. Before using a 12% lactic acid lotion, I used to moisturise morning and night, every day. Now I can get away with lotioning up only after bathing. I really love this - and it is much cheaper than the glycolic acid-based lotions (I have used Reversa and NeoStrata), which are great, but not more effective.

on 10/26/2009 9:18:00 AM

My dermatologist recommended this product to me after determining that I have the driest skin EVER! I started some exfoliation in the shower before using it and within days could see and feel such a difference. I have been using it now for three months and it is by far the best lotion for super dry skins I have ever used - and I have tried my share, believe me! Highly recommend spending a little more for this product. The smell isn't all that great and the packaging could be more user friendly but I would still give it a try. It might help you like it has me.

on 10/14/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like using AHA lotions on my body to keep it from drying out in colder temperatures and to keep it smooth. I bought this in a large size at Costco to use last winter. It's a runny, yogurt-smelling lotion that leaves you a bit sticky. It didn't really make an impression on me as an exfoliator but just struck me as a bland lotion. I realized that the pH makes this lotion unsuitable for great exfoliation and I stopped using it. My mom, however, who has really dry, sensitive skin and doesn't use anything on her body except water really likes this lotion. She claims it moisturizes her feet and cuticles.

on 10/10/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just starting using this 4 days ago, and have already seen a significant difference. I've had Keratosis for about 3 years and they have only gotten worse with time. Since using AmLactin, my skin feels smoother and those nasty red bumps are backing off. I run my hands over my arms and barely feel them. In the past, I used Jaura skin cream. Jaura softened my skin, but didn't cure the problem. Not only that, Jaura is too pricey ( $35.00 ) for one months worth of product.

I have the AmLactin in the tube and the cost was around $12.00. It does have a slight scent ( ammonium hydroxide ) that isn't too offensive, unless you get a close whiff. There was slight stinging on first time use ( my lesions were raw at the time ). My target area is my arms and upper back, so I'll get several weeks use from one tube. If this continues to work, I'll continue to buy. Two thumbs up!

Update ( 12/2/09 ). I have given this plenty of time to work. I've noticed the wrinkles ( only when I twist my arms slightly ) has diminshed a lot. That tells me, I'm getting some benefits from using this. It still calms down the red bumps that were very noticeable 2 months ago. Will continue to purchase for a long time.

on 9/18/2009 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My dermatologist recommended this product to me for my Keratosis Pilaris. I really thought that it would work, but unfortunately it did not. Looking through the other reviews for this lotion I can see that it does work for most people so I think that my skin needs something else. I used this until the 5 oz. tube was empty and that took about a month. I used it twice daily. My KP did not improve. In fact, I got larger bumps that looked like pimples so I think this lotion may have made it worse. I also got red, itchy skin around my arms. I started using it on my legs and it works fine there.

on 9/5/2009 6:12:00 AM

If you are prone to ingrown hairs after epilating or waxing I strongly encourage you to use this product! I started using this to prevent ingrown hairs on my legs, but I was so pleased by the results that I started using it all over on an every other day basis. It has greatly helped with the KP on my upper arms and has reduced the number of ingrown hairs on my legs. I even use it on my face about once a week. I took one lippie off for the smell, but it does fade quickly.

on 8/23/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The absolute BEST lotion I have ever tried. This makes my skin smooth and soft and is even helping to get rid of some of the sun damage on my arms from tanning in my teens. I just love it and can only say, try it you will NOT be sorry. I now buy the larger bottle at drugstoredotcom

Popular Lotions / Creams