April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Lotions/ Creams - AmLactin 12%

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My dermatologist recommended this product to me for my Keratosis Pilaris. I really thought that it would work, but unfortunately it did not. Looking through the other reviews for this lotion I can see that it does work for most people so I think that my skin needs something else. I used this until the 5 oz. tube was empty and that took about a month. I used it twice daily. My KP did not improve. In fact, I got larger bumps that looked like pimples so I think this lotion may have made it worse. I also got red, itchy skin around my arms. I started using it on my legs and it works fine there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 6:12:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

If you are prone to ingrown hairs after epilating or waxing I strongly encourage you to use this product! I started using this to prevent ingrown hairs on my legs, but I was so pleased by the results that I started using it all over on an every other day basis. It has greatly helped with the KP on my upper arms and has reduced the number of ingrown hairs on my legs. I even use it on my face about once a week. I took one lippie off for the smell, but it does fade quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Goatster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The absolute BEST lotion I have ever tried. This makes my skin smooth and soft and is even helping to get rid of some of the sun damage on my arms from tanning in my teens. I just love it and can only say, try it you will NOT be sorry. I now buy the larger bottle at drugstoredotcom

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by katiebird61402

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE AmLactin!!! I got mine to use on the backs of my arms for Keratosis Perosis. I have nevrer been to the derm for it, so I guess that is a self diagnosis. I have had it since I was self conscious about wearing tank tops, prob 11 or 12. I'm 25 now. I have been using it for about an month, and my arms are clear, and smooth. I wish it had a pump bottle, and if I don't give it a little shake before using it, it sometimes has a medicated smell to it. I printed a $2 off coupon from the AmLactin website when I bought mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This lotion is simply amazing and has worked miracles on my skin! I prefer the cream version, which I get in the 4.9 oz. tube for $9.49 from Target. I haven't tried looking at other pharmacies but at my Target, I always have to ask the pharmacy to special order the AmLactin since they usually don't carry it in stock. I use AmLactin al over my body 4-5 times a week so I probably go through a tube in less than a month. It is the only thing that has worked on my KP and dry skin. Aveeno original lotion also worked wonders on my skin but it doesn't keep my skin as soft and smooth as AmLactin. I usually alternate the two and sometimes I'll layer the AmLactin with my favorite scented lotion. Yes, AmLactin has a very strong ammonia smell and it leaves the skin a little tacky when first applied but that all dissapears in a few minutes. My routine is lotion after the shower, moisturizer and sunscreen on the face, blow-dry my hair and set it in velcro rollers, put on underwear, make my coffee. By the time that's all done, the lotion will have completely absorbed into my skin and the ammonia smell is gone. I swear the smell will go away after a few minutes and you will NOT smell like a bottle of ammonia but if you still can't stand it, try layering your favorite scented lotion over the AmLactin. Oddly enough, the smell of generic AmLactin is much stronger. It was like opening a bottle of ammonia every time I applied the lotion and it became too much for me so I went back to AmLactin. Please try to get past the initial smell of this product because it will give you the softest skin of your life.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by articia527

When I was a wee one, say middle school-ish age, and I was trying to get rid of the goose flesh so many of us have on the backs of our arms, my mother brought me to her derm and he recommended this. At the time I just wanted kids to stop making fun of me, and this stuff really did help... but I was too young to fully commit to any sort of product, no matter how helpful, and eventually it fell to the wayside. Nearly a decade later I have been reminded how magical this product is. It solves nearly every skin woe. I use it everywhere, dry skin or not. It softens dry skin like nothing else, and any sort of bumpiness or lack of smoothness you have anywhere on your body doesn't stand a chance. I have also been known to dab a teeny bit on a spot now and then, and it works like a charm without giving you that perpetual impossible to cover flakiness that a lot of other products give you. It is even great for softening your feet! And while it may not have the best scent in the world, I have grown immune to it simply because this cream is undoubtedly a HG skin cure-all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

Love the cream version of this product, though I wish it weren't so expensive (I think I paid about $13 USD for a rather small bottle at Walgreen's). I started getting small, skin-colored bumps on the outsides of my thighs, which I suppose could be KP, or maybe the lotion I've been using previously is too rich (?)... Within three days, my skin was completely smooth and moisturized. The smell doesn't bother me at all, and it fades completely after a few minutes anyway. Highly recommend if you need smoothing or exfoliation. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by minchia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a dry, red, sore, flakey, scaley elbow (of course, just one of them) for several months. No OTC cream or exfoliating/moisturizing regime was working on it, so I was ready to give up and go to the dermatologist. I decided to ask the pharmacist for a recommendation before going (no health insurance, hard to get appointment, etc) and she recommended this product.

It took several weeks of religiously applying this lotion, but it did finally rid me of the rough scales/flakes, and smooth out the elbow. It hasn't really helped with the redness though.

It's definitely worth a try if you have a similar problem. I think it was round $10 - priced very reasonably and I'm sure it's a fraction of what you've already spent trying to get rid of the problem.

1 lippie off for runny consistency. I shake the tube before I squeeze.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

I was told by my derm that this was the best thing to clear up KP. So I've been using it for a week now and I already can tell a huge difference in my skin. My KP is less red and my skin is much, much softer. Also, I suffer from moderate acne and I am using this as my moisturizer in the morning and on the nights when I need a break from my topical gel (DuAc). I use this after cleansing with a PanOxyl 10 bar (which are AMAZING, btw)... It stings and makes me a bit red, but it moisturizes and my skin always looks a lot better in the morning. Its exfoliating my skin nicely and for that I am so grateful, because having acne and dry skin is absolutley the worst. It doesn't make me any more oily than usual and I can use a sunscreen with it too. So overall, its cheap for the amount of things you can use it for. My only complaint is that the bottle is pretty big, so instead of carrying it around in my makeup bag I just put a bit of it in a smaller spare bottle and now its much more convienant.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by jesssala

With flip-flop season around the corner...

My dermatologist recommended to me for my dry feet. Slather it on at night, put socks on, so this for about three days and your feet are pretty again!
I do this for a week to get ready for wearing flip-flops!

I also started putting a little on my forehead, it was getting a little flaky and this took care of it overnight. The AHAs do the trick.