September 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lotions/ Creams - AmLactin 12%

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Nepheliad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this for my KP and it did nothing. I guess it was moisturizing but it was so greasy and tacky I felt gross. And the smell is undesirable as well. Like cat pee or something. I'm definitely not going to continue using this especially since it does not help my condition.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by mellern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like using AHA lotions on my body to keep it from drying out in colder temperatures and to keep it smooth. I bought this in a large size at Costco to use last winter. It's a runny, yogurt-smelling lotion that leaves you a bit sticky. It didn't really make an impression on me as an exfoliator but just struck me as a bland lotion. I realized that the pH makes this lotion unsuitable for great exfoliation and I stopped using it. My mom, however, who has really dry, sensitive skin and doesn't use anything on her body except water really likes this lotion. She claims it moisturizes her feet and cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just starting using this 4 days ago, and have already seen a significant difference. I've had Keratosis for about 3 years and they have only gotten worse with time. Since using AmLactin, my skin feels smoother and those nasty red bumps are backing off. I run my hands over my arms and barely feel them. In the past, I used Jaura skin cream. Jaura softened my skin, but didn't cure the problem. Not only that, Jaura is too pricey ( $35.00 ) for one months worth of product.

I have the AmLactin in the tube and the cost was around $12.00. It does have a slight scent ( ammonium hydroxide ) that isn't too offensive, unless you get a close whiff. There was slight stinging on first time use ( my lesions were raw at the time ). My target area is my arms and upper back, so I'll get several weeks use from one tube. If this continues to work, I'll continue to buy. Two thumbs up!

Update ( 12/2/09 ). I have given this plenty of time to work. I've noticed the wrinkles ( only when I twist my arms slightly ) has diminshed a lot. That tells me, I'm getting some benefits from using this. It still calms down the red bumps that were very noticeable 2 months ago. Will continue to purchase for a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My dermatologist recommended this product to me for my Keratosis Pilaris. I really thought that it would work, but unfortunately it did not. Looking through the other reviews for this lotion I can see that it does work for most people so I think that my skin needs something else. I used this until the 5 oz. tube was empty and that took about a month. I used it twice daily. My KP did not improve. In fact, I got larger bumps that looked like pimples so I think this lotion may have made it worse. I also got red, itchy skin around my arms. I started using it on my legs and it works fine there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 6:12:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

If you are prone to ingrown hairs after epilating or waxing I strongly encourage you to use this product! I started using this to prevent ingrown hairs on my legs, but I was so pleased by the results that I started using it all over on an every other day basis. It has greatly helped with the KP on my upper arms and has reduced the number of ingrown hairs on my legs. I even use it on my face about once a week. I took one lippie off for the smell, but it does fade quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Goatster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The absolute BEST lotion I have ever tried. This makes my skin smooth and soft and is even helping to get rid of some of the sun damage on my arms from tanning in my teens. I just love it and can only say, try it you will NOT be sorry. I now buy the larger bottle at drugstoredotcom

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by katiebird61402

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE AmLactin!!! I got mine to use on the backs of my arms for Keratosis Perosis. I have nevrer been to the derm for it, so I guess that is a self diagnosis. I have had it since I was self conscious about wearing tank tops, prob 11 or 12. I'm 25 now. I have been using it for about an month, and my arms are clear, and smooth. I wish it had a pump bottle, and if I don't give it a little shake before using it, it sometimes has a medicated smell to it. I printed a $2 off coupon from the AmLactin website when I bought mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This lotion is simply amazing and has worked miracles on my skin! I prefer the cream version, which I get in the 4.9 oz. tube for $9.49 from Target. I haven't tried looking at other pharmacies but at my Target, I always have to ask the pharmacy to special order the AmLactin since they usually don't carry it in stock. I use AmLactin al over my body 4-5 times a week so I probably go through a tube in less than a month. It is the only thing that has worked on my KP and dry skin. Aveeno original lotion also worked wonders on my skin but it doesn't keep my skin as soft and smooth as AmLactin. I usually alternate the two and sometimes I'll layer the AmLactin with my favorite scented lotion. Yes, AmLactin has a very strong ammonia smell and it leaves the skin a little tacky when first applied but that all dissapears in a few minutes. My routine is lotion after the shower, moisturizer and sunscreen on the face, blow-dry my hair and set it in velcro rollers, put on underwear, make my coffee. By the time that's all done, the lotion will have completely absorbed into my skin and the ammonia smell is gone. I swear the smell will go away after a few minutes and you will NOT smell like a bottle of ammonia but if you still can't stand it, try layering your favorite scented lotion over the AmLactin. Oddly enough, the smell of generic AmLactin is much stronger. It was like opening a bottle of ammonia every time I applied the lotion and it became too much for me so I went back to AmLactin. Please try to get past the initial smell of this product because it will give you the softest skin of your life.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by articia527

When I was a wee one, say middle school-ish age, and I was trying to get rid of the goose flesh so many of us have on the backs of our arms, my mother brought me to her derm and he recommended this. At the time I just wanted kids to stop making fun of me, and this stuff really did help... but I was too young to fully commit to any sort of product, no matter how helpful, and eventually it fell to the wayside. Nearly a decade later I have been reminded how magical this product is. It solves nearly every skin woe. I use it everywhere, dry skin or not. It softens dry skin like nothing else, and any sort of bumpiness or lack of smoothness you have anywhere on your body doesn't stand a chance. I have also been known to dab a teeny bit on a spot now and then, and it works like a charm without giving you that perpetual impossible to cover flakiness that a lot of other products give you. It is even great for softening your feet! And while it may not have the best scent in the world, I have grown immune to it simply because this cream is undoubtedly a HG skin cure-all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

Love the cream version of this product, though I wish it weren't so expensive (I think I paid about $13 USD for a rather small bottle at Walgreen's). I started getting small, skin-colored bumps on the outsides of my thighs, which I suppose could be KP, or maybe the lotion I've been using previously is too rich (?)... Within three days, my skin was completely smooth and moisturized. The smell doesn't bother me at all, and it fades completely after a few minutes anyway. Highly recommend if you need smoothing or exfoliation. Will repurchase.