April 24, 2014 | 1386 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

I looooove this fragrance. Yes, it's strong and you have to be careful not to get too much on, but I find it dries down nicely and lasts throughout the day for me. As a child of the '80s, it brings back good memories, and some questionable fashion choices, but good memories all the same. Try it for a few days before you write it off completely, there's a reason it was so popular. And my husband loves it, too.

I will say that I wouldn't recommend it for summer wear-humidity changes the scent unfavorably.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Jasta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never used this fragrance before, yet when I tried it I knew it well. I suppose I must have smelled it many times on other people. As it seems to divide opinion, I expected to love it or hate it, but I really found it unremarkable. On me, it seemed like an imitation of a good perfume, as the drydown was fairly cheap smelling. I think that's a shame, as I can think of few perfumes that are iconic enough to have entered my scent memory without me even realising it. Too bad it only smells good on other people...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sertasheeplover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I remember my mom wearing this in the early 90's. I always loved it, but as a teen I was into sweet powdery fragrances. Now that im on the cusp of 30, my tastes have changed. Poison is my all time favorite perfume. I dont wear it in the summer(as its too overpowering in the heat) but that still leaves a lot of wear throughout the year.

Im not good at describing scents, but there is a hint of grape or wine to it. Its a rich, dark, intoxication scent. So sexy. My husband cant decide if this or Pure White Linen is his favorite(2 totally diff smells..go figure). I get compliments on this all the time by men and women. Its fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sampled this personally for the first time in my life last week. Oddly enough, I am not overly familiar with this scent though it was apparently super-popular in the 80's (which I was approximately 1-10 years old then) so maybe I just dont remember. This stuff is STRONG You dont need me to tell you, everyone else is...but the thing is that I LIKE strong fragrances. So for this to be too strong to me is an achievement. I must admit though that I do like it. Perhaps I would purchase and wear...but it would be such a hassle to have to get someone else every time I wanted to wear this so they could spray it in my direction from several feet away. I assume this is the only way I could wear this without offending the general public more than I generally feel comfortable with. It is dark, mysterious, spicy. For the lady who wants to be noticed, not for a scaredy-cat like me. Definately not for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 7:29:00 AM More reviews by princess89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is personally not my scent but my mum wears it and it toatally suits her and smells divine!!! so yes i would buy it again for her!!! x

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by abigail71

I was in high school from 1985-1989 so Poison brings back lots of memories for me. I never wore it, but one of my closest friends did, and she wore too much of it. (or perhaps it always smells like one is wearing too much since it's so strong?). Now that 20 years has passed, I think I can objectively say that Poison is a classic perfume. Yes....it conjures up memories of big hair, tight guess jeans, ugly costume jewelry and glam rock band members in spandex....(or specifically David Lee Roth in ass-less leather chaps) but if you can let all of that go...Poison is in a class by itself. I don't wear Poison. Once in awhile I wear Hypnotic Poison (totally different fragrance). But I respect Poison and can understand how many women (and men) love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

O.K., I give this 3 lippies due to the fact that, while I don't like it, it's an original fragrance and lots of ladies adore it. I agree with others who think that it belongs in a 1980's time capsule. My best friend in high school wore this scent and one whiff of Poison takes me back to the days of big hair, Guess jeans, and ugly costume jewelry. It's pretty potent stuff and certainly not for shy girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by KAllenVA

Maybe it's my age speaking, but I adore this perfume. I received this as a gift when I was 17, back in 1987. My entire wardrobe smelled of Poison. My chemistry can pull this one off. This is boozy on me, smells of berries, grapes, anise, a heavy perfume but when applied with a light hand it is bewitching. What man between 35-40 wouldn't love this? I'm sure it conjures memories of their youth. Girls with big hair, short skirts, hair band music, cold winter nights making out for hours. No wonder it's a man magnet! Every man I've ever known has loved this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2007 2:31:00 AM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has a quality that gives me an instant headache. It reeks of the 80's and makes me think of Joan Collins in shoulder pads and big hair. Very dated, not a classic in my opinion. Its not a "bad" smell per se, its just so incredibly strong that it gives me a blinding headache.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I learned to like this product for as long as i can remember, I think this perfume is out there for very long and now most stores doesn't bother to put it into their stock. Pure, hypnotic and the really bad-scented midnight is novelty to me and nothing can even be compared to it.
I usually buy it from ebay and most them ended up being shipped from France. I bought this perfume for as least 5 3.4 bottles for the last 7-8 years. I'd never use it on myself but my mom wears it and only it. She doesn't even bother with N5. She loves the scent and although the eau de toilette is not as long lasting as the parfume, actually it last a lot longer than most toilette stuff, her closet smelled like poison and her clothes smelled like it always and even her dry cleaners noticed the smell and commented on it. Her nicely pressed coat remained smelling like poison days after dry cleaning. Now you get the idea how enduring it is.
initially I don't like poison because i don't like anything feminine, I prefer cool fresh green smell, but as i stated, I smelled it so often I learned to like it. I sometimes spray a little over pillow and room just to remind me the scent of Mother if I live far away from her.
anyway, dior perfume has several highly debatable ingredient, this one in particular has Phalates, defined by french perfume industry, supposed to be harmful, but I never bothered to tell my mom and you know, after 20+years of usage, who cares. continued >>