NYX Ultra Pearl Mania

Price: $

Price: $

Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide

on 7/1/2008 12:18:00 PM

Gorgeous colours. Easy to apply and blend. Very pigmented. Wonderful colour payoff and staying power. Only complaint is packaging. Cute but not easy to use. Had to transfere all colours to different jars.

on 6/25/2008 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I first discovered NYX cosmetics when I was doing a search on MAC pigments. During my search, I had the opportunity to discover the prestige and quality of such an affordable product. It was then that I was ultimately swayed to purchase the pigments for myself. Although the pigments seem huge, they are rather small (not too small to the extent they are misleading in pictures, but about 5 gm), but radically modest. The colors are beautiful and since the powders in these pigments are loose, you can create your own pigment by mixing the shades together. What made me extremely impressed with NYX Ultra Pearl Mania was the fact these shades look even prettier in person and are so versatile and flexible, they work whether for a natural or dramatic kind of look. You can apply them as an eyeshadow or even a luminizer, as well as, top for gloss. You don't even need that much to achieve the desired effect and knowing that these pigments do not burn a hole in your wallet, makes them even more interesting. If you are looking for a great pigment that is universal, yet effective for a rather affordable price, NYX Pearl Mania is your product.

on 6/23/2008 11:55:00 AM

I just ordered a few of these from cherryculture.com just to see how they were. I like the colors, very pretty, but very shimmery. I've found that if I use them with a matte color they aren't so bad. I hate the container though, very narrow, and it's hard to dip a brush in them. I will be buying some sifter jars, and I'm sure that will make it easier to use. But for 99 cents, you can't beat the colors and the payoff is really nice. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer underneath, and that really helps with the staying power.

on 6/17/2008 9:49:00 PM

These are gorgeous little pigments! They are very shimmery and very pigmented and extremely messy! I've noticed that they don't always go on the same color as seen in the bottle, but they are all gorgeous and can be built up or down for intensity or softness. The pigment itself is very fine and easy to blend and I haven't had much trouble with fallout. I have had a lot of trouble with using them though! The opening for the bottle is incredibly narrow so that most eyeshadow brushes won't be able to fit. Sometimes some pigment escapes and if there's any wind or breeze it will wind up all over you. I have taken to trying to dump a tiny bit out on say a post-it or a magazine card and dipping my brush in that. You don't need very much so even though the containers are tiny, they should last a while. Then when you are done you can fold the paper in half and gently pour it back into the container :) The only thing I don't like, besides the opening, is that the names of the pigments are on the labels which, when you peel off (b/c they keep the caps closed) leaves you clueless (or at least I'm clueless) as to which pigment is which. I guess the next one I'll buy I'll try to leave at least the name part of the label on the pigment. HTH!

on 6/14/2008 3:02:00 AM

Very vibrant and pigmented! I bought them in 13 colors and loved every single one of them!!!!! They go on soo smooth too! Another fabulous product from NYX!!!

on 6/6/2008 11:51:00 AM

I just recently bought NYX pigments (the set of 24 shades) and I love them. The colors are great. At first I was not using a base before I applied the pigment so the color was coming out very sheer. After use a base the colors showed a lot better on my skin. They also say to use the jumbo pencil and the color will come out brighter as well. I have not gotten any jumbo pencils from NYX as of yet but I will be and I can not wait to use the pigments and jumbo pencils together, to see how they come out.......

I am becoming a big fan of the NYX brand, everything is affordable and great to try new colours.

The pigmentation of these powders is outstanding ( I've tried Space, Fanta, Rust, Mocha, Nude, Sky Pink, Mink) and the price cannot be beat (I got mine for 99 cents each online). The texture is nice to work with as well, finely "milled" so it's not too chunky, but not so powdery that it's impossible to get any colour out of the powder.

The only reason I took off a lippie is because frankly, the packaging is not good at all. In the smaller "capsule" like containers, the neck of the bottle is so small you could maybe fit a Q-tip in, hardly a brush. I will end up putting these powders in smaller 5g jars with sifters instead of the containers they came in for ease of use.

on 4/23/2008 11:23:00 AM

I originally bought a bunch of these for "frankening" nail polishes since they were so cheap ($1 each!). I ended up really liking the colors so I tried them and was amazed! The pigments are so vibrant and true to the color they appear in the bottle. And I found the staying power was good as well. For $1 each, you can't find anything that comes close. They come in a range of colors so you can buy a bunch and experiment. I ended up buying more of them so I could use them as my intended idea (nail polish frankening) and they worked really well in that aspect, also!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is literally THE BEST EYE SHADOW THAT I HAVE EVER GOTTEN!! It is SO easy to put on and the pigmentation for such a dirt cheap product (About 99 cents at cherryculture.com) is absolutely outstanding. I couldn't have pictured a better product and as soon as I finish this review, I'm going to buy TONS more online!! xD

These were my very first pigments ever in life. I got the whole set on ebay for $25. There are 24 colors (some I swapped away, so there are only 22 here). These are $1 each at cherryculture.com. The quality of these are amazing. Lime is the only one that doesn't have fantastic pigment, but its a nice sheer green. All the others are very vibrant. What you see in the bottle is what you get on your face. The powder is very fine, all the colors are shimmery. It has very good lasting power and its easy to blend. The jars are really small but there is actually tons of product inside. The only con about these are that the opening is very small, so you need a tiny brush to get inside. Usually there is enough product in the lid that you don't have to worry about that. Or you can just transfere them to bigger jars. Other then that, these are fabulous. On a side note, if you're into pressing pigments these won't work. Myself and several other people have tried with no success, they just far apart.

Here I did swatches of 18 of the colors.
continued >>