October 20, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by dbp1515

These are gorgeous little pigments! They are very shimmery and very pigmented and extremely messy! I've noticed that they don't always go on the same color as seen in the bottle, but they are all gorgeous and can be built up or down for intensity or softness. The pigment itself is very fine and easy to blend and I haven't had much trouble with fallout. I have had a lot of trouble with using them though! The opening for the bottle is incredibly narrow so that most eyeshadow brushes won't be able to fit. Sometimes some pigment escapes and if there's any wind or breeze it will wind up all over you. I have taken to trying to dump a tiny bit out on say a post-it or a magazine card and dipping my brush in that. You don't need very much so even though the containers are tiny, they should last a while. Then when you are done you can fold the paper in half and gently pour it back into the container :) The only thing I don't like, besides the opening, is that the names of the pigments are on the labels which, when you peel off (b/c they keep the caps closed) leaves you clueless (or at least I'm clueless) as to which pigment is which. I guess the next one I'll buy I'll try to leave at least the name part of the label on the pigment. HTH!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 3:02:00 AM More reviews by pinkcl0uds

Very vibrant and pigmented! I bought them in 13 colors and loved every single one of them!!!!! They go on soo smooth too! Another fabulous product from NYX!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by coop008

I just recently bought NYX pigments (the set of 24 shades) and I love them. The colors are great. At first I was not using a base before I applied the pigment so the color was coming out very sheer. After use a base the colors showed a lot better on my skin. They also say to use the jumbo pencil and the color will come out brighter as well. I have not gotten any jumbo pencils from NYX as of yet but I will be and I can not wait to use the pigments and jumbo pencils together, to see how they come out.......

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ilikechickens12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am becoming a big fan of the NYX brand, everything is affordable and great to try new colours.

The pigmentation of these powders is outstanding ( I've tried Space, Fanta, Rust, Mocha, Nude, Sky Pink, Mink) and the price cannot be beat (I got mine for 99 cents each online). The texture is nice to work with as well, finely "milled" so it's not too chunky, but not so powdery that it's impossible to get any colour out of the powder.

The only reason I took off a lippie is because frankly, the packaging is not good at all. In the smaller "capsule" like containers, the neck of the bottle is so small you could maybe fit a Q-tip in, hardly a brush. I will end up putting these powders in smaller 5g jars with sifters instead of the containers they came in for ease of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by oceanmist27

I originally bought a bunch of these for "frankening" nail polishes since they were so cheap ($1 each!). I ended up really liking the colors so I tried them and was amazed! The pigments are so vibrant and true to the color they appear in the bottle. And I found the staying power was good as well. For $1 each, you can't find anything that comes close. They come in a range of colors so you can buy a bunch and experiment. I ended up buying more of them so I could use them as my intended idea (nail polish frankening) and they worked really well in that aspect, also!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by blingblingb8by

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is literally THE BEST EYE SHADOW THAT I HAVE EVER GOTTEN!! It is SO easy to put on and the pigmentation for such a dirt cheap product (About 99 cents at cherryculture.com) is absolutely outstanding. I couldn't have pictured a better product and as soon as I finish this review, I'm going to buy TONS more online!! xD

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by vintagezombie

These were my very first pigments ever in life. I got the whole set on ebay for $25. There are 24 colors (some I swapped away, so there are only 22 here). These are $1 each at cherryculture.com. The quality of these are amazing. Lime is the only one that doesn't have fantastic pigment, but its a nice sheer green. All the others are very vibrant. What you see in the bottle is what you get on your face. The powder is very fine, all the colors are shimmery. It has very good lasting power and its easy to blend. The jars are really small but there is actually tons of product inside. The only con about these are that the opening is very small, so you need a tiny brush to get inside. Usually there is enough product in the lid that you don't have to worry about that. Or you can just transfere them to bigger jars. Other then that, these are fabulous. On a side note, if you're into pressing pigments these won't work. Myself and several other people have tried with no success, they just far apart.

Here I did swatches of 18 of the colors.
continued >>

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by omeleko

I bought 24 of these in a lot on ebay for only $23 and it was worth every penny. They go on very smoothly, their highly pigmented, finely milled and they last aaall day. Only negative is that their packaging really SUCKS. Its so hard to get the shadow out of the tube and you always end up with powder all over opening of the container and on your fingers. I ended up transfering mine into 3 gram jars and it was much easier to work with. Another con is that they can't be pressed into pans. i've tried and they just turn into loose powders again. Im guessing it's because they are so finely milled.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Yarisse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the whole lot of Ultra Pearl Mania eyeshadow, which means all of the 24 shades. They are very nice indeed, they give a nice bright effect and amazing colour to your eyes and they lasts for very very long time (both on the eyes and in the bottle, so you won't run out in a hurry). The bright effect is much more intensive when applied wet.
The truth is that the packaging is not as good as the product itself, so you can have a problem how to deal with it, but you can just put the eyeshadows into another jar, that will make you the application much more easier.
Frankly speaking, not all of the shades suit me, so I wear only my favourite ones, but I love them. Great and dirt cheap product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by nimm27

I am new to the esthetics world and after much research you can't beat these loose powders for the price. I have been trying to build up my collection and see what colors work best. These are the perfect testers! LOVE THEM! Until the end of the month these are 20% off...cherryculture.com