April 21, 2014 | 1037 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ilikechickens12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am becoming a big fan of the NYX brand, everything is affordable and great to try new colours.

The pigmentation of these powders is outstanding ( I've tried Space, Fanta, Rust, Mocha, Nude, Sky Pink, Mink) and the price cannot be beat (I got mine for 99 cents each online). The texture is nice to work with as well, finely "milled" so it's not too chunky, but not so powdery that it's impossible to get any colour out of the powder.

The only reason I took off a lippie is because frankly, the packaging is not good at all. In the smaller "capsule" like containers, the neck of the bottle is so small you could maybe fit a Q-tip in, hardly a brush. I will end up putting these powders in smaller 5g jars with sifters instead of the containers they came in for ease of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by oceanmist27

I originally bought a bunch of these for "frankening" nail polishes since they were so cheap ($1 each!). I ended up really liking the colors so I tried them and was amazed! The pigments are so vibrant and true to the color they appear in the bottle. And I found the staying power was good as well. For $1 each, you can't find anything that comes close. They come in a range of colors so you can buy a bunch and experiment. I ended up buying more of them so I could use them as my intended idea (nail polish frankening) and they worked really well in that aspect, also!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by blingblingb8by

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is literally THE BEST EYE SHADOW THAT I HAVE EVER GOTTEN!! It is SO easy to put on and the pigmentation for such a dirt cheap product (About 99 cents at cherryculture.com) is absolutely outstanding. I couldn't have pictured a better product and as soon as I finish this review, I'm going to buy TONS more online!! xD

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by vintagezombie

These were my very first pigments ever in life. I got the whole set on ebay for $25. There are 24 colors (some I swapped away, so there are only 22 here). These are $1 each at cherryculture.com. The quality of these are amazing. Lime is the only one that doesn't have fantastic pigment, but its a nice sheer green. All the others are very vibrant. What you see in the bottle is what you get on your face. The powder is very fine, all the colors are shimmery. It has very good lasting power and its easy to blend. The jars are really small but there is actually tons of product inside. The only con about these are that the opening is very small, so you need a tiny brush to get inside. Usually there is enough product in the lid that you don't have to worry about that. Or you can just transfere them to bigger jars. Other then that, these are fabulous. On a side note, if you're into pressing pigments these won't work. Myself and several other people have tried with no success, they just far apart.

Here I did swatches of 18 of the colors.
continued >>

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by omeleko

I bought 24 of these in a lot on ebay for only $23 and it was worth every penny. They go on very smoothly, their highly pigmented, finely milled and they last aaall day. Only negative is that their packaging really SUCKS. Its so hard to get the shadow out of the tube and you always end up with powder all over opening of the container and on your fingers. I ended up transfering mine into 3 gram jars and it was much easier to work with. Another con is that they can't be pressed into pans. i've tried and they just turn into loose powders again. Im guessing it's because they are so finely milled.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Yarisse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the whole lot of Ultra Pearl Mania eyeshadow, which means all of the 24 shades. They are very nice indeed, they give a nice bright effect and amazing colour to your eyes and they lasts for very very long time (both on the eyes and in the bottle, so you won't run out in a hurry). The bright effect is much more intensive when applied wet.
The truth is that the packaging is not as good as the product itself, so you can have a problem how to deal with it, but you can just put the eyeshadows into another jar, that will make you the application much more easier.
Frankly speaking, not all of the shades suit me, so I wear only my favourite ones, but I love them. Great and dirt cheap product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by nimm27

I am new to the esthetics world and after much research you can't beat these loose powders for the price. I have been trying to build up my collection and see what colors work best. These are the perfect testers! LOVE THEM! Until the end of the month these are 20% off...cherryculture.com

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Sariella53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

These are great! I recommend! <3 Only one thing wrong about them: the package. They're cute but very unpractical. It's hard to get the stuff out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

The texture is unbelievably fine. It's really similar to mica pigments or shimmer powders made by several other brands out there. The texture is very much like popular "mineral" eyeshadows. It takes a bit of tweaking to work with these depending on your normal process of application. The best way to work with these is to pack/press it on and avoid the windshield swiping motion as much as possible for the best results and ease of control. You have to do this or else the color results will be very sheer and you'll end up with a lot of shimmery dust all over your cheeks.

As for staying power, it's moderate for me anyway. I'm asian so my eyelids are a bit different. I don't have a "monolid" so depending on the weather and base/primer I'm using it -can- crease a bit but nothing major. I would suggest a base of some sort. Cream bases bring out the vibrancy to these the most but UDPP seems to keep it lasting the longest for me. Application for these like I mentioned seems to be a bit "specific" but it's not a problem either... All the colors are truly gorgeous and are more metallic than "pearl". Because you can easily find these for $1 online, I think it's something great to try out an have. I bought a full 24 set on ebay costing me roughly $1 for each shade.

My main complaint is the packaging. While it's not impossible to work with, it's quite horrible. Yes there are certain brushes that can fit into the opening but chances are it's not the brush I'd normally use for eyeshadow or want to use... It's also messy so there will be powder flying out from time to time again. I'd get more eyeshadow on my hands, fingers, desk than on the brush or my eyelids. Therefore I had 24 of these sitting in my train case about a year till recently where I FINALLY purchased 24 empty 5 gram sifter jars to transfer it. This has made things SO MUCH more easier and I'm more willing to use these often now but it's a bit ridiculous I had to pay extra just to make this usable. It would have continued to collect dust otherwise though.

I wouldn't compare these to MAC pigments. I would say NYX chrome shadows are much closer to "MAC pigments" in colors and texture. Ultra Pearl Manias are more like Bare Minerals glimmer powders, MUFE star powders, or Fyrinnae shadows. Same jist, just for a lot cheaper.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ScullyNess

These are fabulous, a super incredibly finely milled powder. Irridencent bordering on chromatic in it's reflection. An excellent pigment powder, nice variation of shades and inexpensive but with high end quality. Definetly recommended.