July 28, 2014 | 1524 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by gigirose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've read so many reviews on this product, and they're all different. Some people call it their Holy Grail product, while others say it's horrible, and they'll never buy it again.

I am one of the girls from the second group. It wasn't necessarily horrible, but I don't exactly like it.

For one thing, it doesn't last long. It's usually gone within a few hours. Also, I have very dry skin, so it just accentuates the dry patches on my face.

But it does cover well, since I was just looking for a light coverage type of foundation.

Overall, it's okay, as long as you want your foundation to last a few hours, you don't have dry skin, and you're looking for light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cSquaredFactotum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is more of a first impressions review, since i only go this a few days ago. i can't say whether it breaks me out badly or anything since it hasn't really had time to yet, but so far, i really like this foundation.
i like that is comes in a super pale shade even though i personally am not that pale. 410 classic ivory matches me /perfectly/. if you are looking for really good coverage, this foundation is not for you. i'd say the coverage is medium at best but since that's all i was looking for, it suits me fine.
i like to use a foundation brush to apply this on my face (and you shouldn't need more than one pump) and then do the final blending with my fingers to get rid of any streak marks. i VERY lightly powder my T-zone, but i like to keep the slight dewy finish it gives me.
i don't recommend this for people with very oily skin as i think it will just enhance that (however, i can apply this over sunscreen as it's fine). staying power is okay, it lasted throughout the school day and seems to stay strong for a long time.
this blends like a dream, it seriously melts into the skin and that combined with the finish makes it a very natural-looking foundation. you'll get people saying your skin looks nice, not people asking you if you're wearing foundation. i will probably repurchase this (and in a darker shade in the summer) unless i find a foundation i like even more.
i think covergirl has some of the best colour selection in the drugstore (SO much better than maybelline).
and of course, we all know how much everyone likes a bottle with a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ibeemeechelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I give this an overall rating of a 3 because it broke me out like crazyyy. I would say that the lasting power of the foundation is decent, with a light to medium coverage. In my opinion, the foundation gives a dewy finish which looks oily for me by the end of the day. I think that this would be better for people with dry to normal skin. I like the fact that it has a pump, because most drugstore foundations dont have one. Its easier to get the product out rather than pouring out. The price is cheap and affordable, especially for someone like me who is still in school.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by zippydoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ran out of Cargo oil-free and no B&M store carries the 10 shade (the lightest one) so I stopped in Target to grab something to tide me over until I could find something that would really work. So I didn't go in with the highest of expectations. I essentially checked every display in Target until I found the lightest shade. I am crazy, crazy pale with cool undertones, so everything shows up orange on me. This looked really promising in the bottle, and I really like the pump bottle, but it just oxidizes on me and the color doesn't look quite right. It doesn't blend well and just sits on my skin, and I'm not about it coming off on my hands whenever I touch my face. It also separates really easily in the bottle and requires a lot of shaking. I'll keep it as a backup if I run out, but I just bought Shiseido and plan to move on to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by heartsp1986

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll tell you why I like this stuff. I was out shopping with my husband the other night under bright lights, when he looked at me and said, "I like that you're not wearing much makeup these days. You look more natural". Little did he know that I did have makeup on, the trublend in 'ivory'. I put this on in the morning, with a very light dusting of the trublend minerals powder in transluscent. Too much powder will make me look 'cakey'.

The trublend liquid works best after skin is moisturized. I have dry skin, and it's worst in the winter time. It works and looks it's best with moisturizered skin so get yourself a good moisturizer. It goes a long way. I don't have to use much out of the pump to get good coverage. I use little because I want a natural look, I don't want to look done up.

I'm acne prone, and really surprised it doesn't irritate my skin. I've tried estee lauder's daywear and it broke me out after two days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ewanfanatic88

I have VERY pale skin and this foundation in the lightest shade matches almost perfectly with my skin. I apply using a stippling brush and then top it off with Maybelline FitMe powder. Without using powder this foundation will come off pretty quickly, but with powder it lasts throughout the school day (I apply it at 5:15 AM and get home at 2:45 PM). I wash it off and reapply if I have a place to be later. I've been using it since Christmas and I don't think it breaks me out (I do have mild acne, but that's because of stress and genetics). I definitely recommend this to people in search of a light to medium coverage foundation.

P.S. It has a pump which is a plus!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by tingtings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the worst foundation I have ever used. I have fairly dry skin and it stuck to the dry parts and went dark in these areas - the end result looked like I'd thrown mud on my face. It made my skin look so dirty and ugly - no coverage whatsoever and highlighted every blemish or dry patch. The aqua smooth foundation in this brand is a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by kittykat0904

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the new formula. I think that this stuff is pretty good. I really like that it has a pump so that it isn't that messy. Problem is that it isn't really buildable and you'll end up looking pretty blotchy if you try to put on more. I also like that it hides my forehead wrinkles since I don't like to use primer. Another problem is that it is a little bit too orange, but hardly noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the old formulation (not the new one which I hate). This was my favorite foundation for years until I couldn't find it anymore. It is super blendable and buildable and has a wonderfully soft texture. The plastic packaging was lightweight and easy to transport but was a little messy. It was pretty great. I wish they still made the old formulation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by petalb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking for light to medium coverage, you can give this a try. A little goes a long way, so one pump should be enough to cover your entire face. It feels a bit weird going on ( a bit like putting a silicone hair serum on your face), but once its on its so light and dry to the touch you can forget that you have anything on your face. The coverage is not buildable, probably because of the same silicone like feel, so you need to get it right the first time, otherwise you'lll need to go in with a good concealer or another foundation and even it out cause even the slightest attempt to build coverage leaves you with a caked look. The other thing is that you need to make sure your skin is in good shape before using this because it will not cover large pores and will accentuate any dry spots or flakes on your face. Since I have oily skin, I always follow with setting powder and fix it spray. When I see some oil on my face (like 3 -4 hours later), I simply blot and powder again - I never reapply this foundation during the day, çause as mentioned above it leads to the caked look.