Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Ladies, if you're super-fair & have a heck of a time finding a foundation light enough that also isn't so pink it makes you look like you have Rosacea (e.g., Colorstay in Ivory), please give this one a try. I've never used Cover Girl foundations before in my life and was stunned when I happened across the lightest shade of TruBlend a few days ago: I'm with the previous reviewer who said this is the lightest drugstore foundation shade she's come across. Score! I put a glob of this on my arm to test it out, and it disappeared. That's when I knew I had to get it. I'd say this matches me even better than L'Oréal True Match in W1 - but the finish of that one is a bit shiny for me. For reference, I wear La Roche-Posay Anthélios SPF 30 spray (8 squirts to face alone) under this makeup, and the coverage is sheer and natural. I will most certainly repurchase. Wow, Cover Girl ... who knew?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a decent foundation if you don't need a long of coverage. I mainly brought it because it's shade "1" is the lightest foundation I've seen at the drugstore... and it's MY shade in the winter time.
I mix it up with a bit of moisturizer and sunscreen in the winter and fall to make a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't give a lot of good coverage, but it's enough to cover the slight redness and acne I have.
I would not repurchase mainly due to the fact that it's gone after 6 or 7 hours, or begins to cake around my acne spots. It's a decent foundation, though, and when my acne doesn't clear up I may revert back to it.

on 10/29/2011 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I used this on/off in highschool and sometimes still....it's a good foundation, not great or fantastic though. It gives good, even lightweight coverage and for a cheap, oil-based foundation it doesn't cause breakouts, slide off in the heat, or make my face oily so it's good for a daytime foundation. So I think it's great for basic, good coverage as a basic, liquid foundation if your skin doesn't really have blemish issues, and has no special needs, since that's what I got out of it.

on 10/29/2011 10:09:00 AM

I read some of the reviews for this product. I just bought it yesterday and tried it today. It did go on nice. Not to cakey for me actually felt really nice like nothing is there. Seems to have good coverage too.

on 10/19/2011 3:32:00 PM

I don't understand how this has good comments! First of all, it made me break out. It makes my face look cakey and it WILL NOT stick on. The shade range is not a lot. It wasn't worth it's price either. I got it for 10 dollars at Rite Aid. I think it should be like 8 or anything. The pump does not work right it gets stuck. I WILL NOT REPURCHACE

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I bought this product in my local drugstore and have been using it for a week without incident. Pumps out smoothly, even has a cap that you can close in case you're dragging it around with you. I usually end up using one full pump plus a half pump to finish ears and neck after face. It has nice coverage and goes on extremely smooth on to my oily skin. I've suffered no break outs, washes off easily and stays on for around 6-8 hours. As I do have oily skin, I would call it's coverage Satiny on my face and I do have to apply powder after about 4 hours. The finish is flawless and the color (Ivory) was actually a real Ivory that doesn't seem to be too pink OR too yellow - it's almost neutral in it's Ivoryness (haha) for me. Will definitely buy this product again as it was only $8.50. Good foundations are hard to find!

on 10/1/2011 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was using this for a while until I found the Clean line as a replacement. I like that this product has a pump however I think it just made my face look cakey and it showed any dry skin. The color however matched me perfectly (410 Classic Ivory) so I chose the same color when I switched over to the Clean foundation.

Its a good product, I just don't think it worked for my particular skin type.

I'm already on my second bottle of this lovely foundation!! It actually matches perfectly to my skin (even though what pumps out is kind of a sickly grey shade LOL)...I'm NC20 and Buff Beige seems to be the best match for me. I love how it feels going on...smooth like a nice moisturizer yet gives great coverage. Not too noticeable of a scent. This applies best with a good primer underneath. I use powder over it, but it still manages to leave my skin glowy and gorgeous. No breakouts from it EVER. Also only about $8 or so for a bottle that lasts quite some time. Definitely a winner!!

on 8/27/2011 10:44:00 AM

I hate this foundation! Mine looks a little different from the pictures (it's from Australia) but it's SHIT. It's heaps watery and barely pigmented! You cannot tell I'm wearing make up... BECAUSE no matter how much you use - nothing builds up... However, I do sometimes use this under my powder if I can't find my primer/moisturiser

I loved this because it came in a pump. ALL FOUNDATION SHOULD COME IN PUMPS.. it's soooo much more sanitary than reapplying populating bacteria onto your face every morning.

However the ultimate downside? I applied this for the first time this morning and my mom said, "Are you not feeling well? You look sick."
So... yeah. This one's going back to the store.