September 20, 2014 | 967 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this 2 steps peel a couple of times and I have to say that I am pleased. I have some doubts about the appplication, though. The instructions read as follows:

- step 1: apply vitamin c crystals to a clean dry face.
- step 2: gently massage using circular motions to buff away dead, dry skin cells for thirty to sixty seconds; and then leave on skin for one to three minutes.
-step 3: apply a thin layer of activator gel over crystals.
- step 4: after applying activator gel, a warming sensation and foam will appear. leave on for one minute and then rinse.

OK the first 2 steps are fine and it's the part I like best. It smells like Vit. C (fresh, acid, orangey and i can feel the micro beads.
Then I applied the activator: It's a crystal creal fluid. Nothign major happened... i mean, no white foam no warming sensation. may it be I applied too little?
However, after some minutes, I did a little scrubbing, and rinsed.
Wow, really fantastic! my face was brighter and glowing.
this is a really good scrub, I have to say. (a bit on the expensive side, at 40$ though).
No allergies or adverse reaction, however I would be careful if you have sensitive skin... as this seems an "heavy duty" treatment...
______________________________________

What the Philosophy site says:
- rebuilds skin: peptides: a combination of amino acids that help rebuild the skin's support structure. peptides helps improve the skin's firmness and elasticity while minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- brightens skin: vitamin c: this antioxidant and collagen stimulator offers anti-aging benefits, helps brighten the skin and helps protect against environmental attack.
- keeps skin clear: salicylic acid: helps shed pore walls of dead skin cells and helps keep skin clear while minimizing congestion/breakouts.
- exfoliates and moisturizes: lactic acid: exfoliates and moisturizes the skin which helps promote smooth, healthy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ceciliaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product! I actually got the same results using Philosophy's microdelivery peel as I got at the dermatologist office! The mini peel I did at my dermatologist office cost me $150... So considering how many uses I get from this product and comparing the results by a professional...it is definitely worth the price.
This product keeps my skintone even and youthful looking and is a quick "pick me up" when your skin feels dull.
This is a must have! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by BGR8FUL

I love this peel! I use a Clarisonic every day, so I don't need that much more in the way of exfoliation, but this peel does a great job of cleaning out and tightening up my pores. It also evens out my skin tone and makes my skin extra smooth. I hadn't used it in a while so I'd forgotten how well it works. Looking at my skin in a magnifying mirror both before and after convinced me that this is well worth using once or twice a week. I gave the packaging quality a 4 because I have a hard time using both components at an equal pace and it really doesn't need to be in such a big box. Other than that, I am happy to have this peel as part of my anti-aging 'bag of tricks.'

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by vmcdonnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This totally smooths out my otherwise bumpy forehead and keeps my chin line hormonal acne at bay. My face feels super soft after I use it with a good moisturizer. It's pricey, but I swapped for it after liking a sample from Sephora and would still purchase the kit after my current one is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupNovice26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have re-discovered this product. I kept getting told by my threading guru that my skin was looking quite awful in the winter months and that I really needed a face peel. Low and behold I didn't have the money for it. So what do I find in my bathroom drawer? This kit and oh my! She hasn't said a word about my skin anymore and in fact I have gotten a couple of compliments that my skin looks fresh. Oh yeah, baby!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by AmJeLu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

*This is an excellent Philosophy Product. After one use, my skin looked and felt better overall; smoother, brighter, less redness and tighter. My neck and face were ultra soft after use and through the next 2 days. Using this system truly makes my face look better with makeup on and without makeup. I usually would not go bare-faced but this Philosophy Microdelivery System allows me to do that. It is obvious to me that it removes all dead skin and really penetrates the skin surface to clean pores and even out skin tone, smooth over little lines, tighten up under eyes, etc.

*Each container in the kit only has 2 ounces and this system retails for about $65 - but you should only use a VERY small amount each evening. The price is not bad for what you are getting. You really only need to use this kit 2-3 times a week and use only a nickle size or less of the Vitamin C crystals (you only need a tiny amount) and the Serum (use enough to barely cover your face over crystals).

*You are supposed to use Vitamin C systems like this at night, because the sun can inhibit the benefits of Vitamin C and antioxidant rich products used on the skin - so do this one before bed.

This is truly a GREAT product to make a part of you regular nightly skin routine, in place of an exfoliant a few times a week!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by snaptrout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an expensive product but since I want to have consistently clear skin I was willing to give this a try.

Pros:
-Did not irritate existing blemishes (I was worried about this before I bought it).
-Smells so good (comforting orangesicle smell).
-Did not overdry or cause any breakouts.

Cons:
-Expensive $65
-Not much product for the price.

I will probably buy this product again. It did not make any extreme improvements to my skin but I don't really expect that from any one product.

If you are unsure what it means by a peel (I was) it's actually more like a scrub and then you put the serum (activator) over the scrub to "activate" the vitamin C scrub, the scrub dissolves at this point and is replaced by a white foam, which I believe is the "chemical peel" stage of this exfloiating kit. All in all it's pretty quick, kind of messy but fool proof 2 step kit.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by caramelwingz87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 3 weeks now. I think its way too expensive for what something else on the market can do at a cheaper price. I think the only thing that does something good to the skin is the vitamin c crystals because they are super tiny and they really help make the skin look great.

The peel itself was disappointing as it did not get rid of the post acne marks on my face. Also it made me break out a bit with these bumps which is didn't like. If you buy it then dont be too harsh with the vit c crystals as they may cause this. Im on a budget so im not going to buy this product again. Even though after the use of it it makes your skin feel and look clear with less poes showing i still think something else out there can do the same job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: First the sales associate used the crystals to exfoliate (which for once, Philosophy, smells wonderful!) and then she put on the gel to activate the vitamin c. My skin looked smoother and even a bit tighter right afterward.

CONS: They shouldn't call this a peel. It's nothing like one. And it doesn't deliver results like a peel. My large pores were irritated and looked even bigger. The crystals must be too large.

ALTERNATES: I'd just stick with regular exfoliating like St. Ives Microdermabrasion scrub or even better Dermalogica's Daily Resurfacer (doesn't bother my rosacea at all.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product reminds me of the Serious Skin Care Vitamin C Duo mask. The difference is that with the SSC skin care set, you rub in the crystals for 3 minutes and this one only one minute. I do feel more from the activator gel on this kit though. My skin feels very smooth like glass afterwards. I also think this product is more expensive than getting a serious skin care kit. Overall, this did not make me break out, it provided good exfoliation, and it wasn't too hard. It is expensive though.