Philosophy Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

4.3

The Microdelivery Peel: Bicarbonate Vitamin C Crystals: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oleth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (SE), Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Beta Carotene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate. Rapid Activation Gel: Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 5/30/09

on 5/13/2010 8:09:00 AM

First off, the best way to get this at a reasonable price is to get the massive lots of sample packs from evilbay. I ended up spending 30% of the full price by getting sample packs, and they stay fresh and untainted. The sample packs each contain several applications (step 1 is 1/3 oz per sample, step 2 is 1/6 oz. - SO much more affordable.)

My goodness. What's not to love? I used to just use the crystals until I realized how smooth and soft my skin is after using both steps. My skin's getting rough and textured as I age, and this scrub eliminates that problem entirely. I use it every few days in the morning, and I'm always impressed with the smoothness and luminosity. Makeup goes on beautifully, no more dry patches or odd flakes.
The crystals are pretty intense - do NOT rub them in roughly like I did at first. It's more of a circular massaging motion. Perhaps if you rub them in it's more like a peel, but in the worst way, like sandpaper. Massage.
So, it's not really a peel, it's more a lovely exfoliating scrub. Misnamed, but I don't even care. Highly recommended if your skin issues tend to be textural rather than lots of breakouts. Kicks the s**t out of any other scrub I've tried.

on 4/28/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This really works! It smells great and is a quick way to give your face a healthy and smooth glow!

on 4/23/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the first in-home peel I have ever tried. I have used microdermabrasion products from Mary Kay and Biore, but with average results. I wanted to try this before spending hundreds at a Med Spa on Chemical peels. So far, I have only been using this once a week. My skin never felt so soft and smooth after just the first use. The smell of step 1 is lemony, and smells delicious. My skin tone is more even and more radiant. I highly recommend this product!! I also use this along with the Purity Cleanser. My skin type is combo to oily with occasional breakouts. This product unfortunately makes me break out a bit after use. I plan on trying the oxygen peel next time.

on 4/14/2010 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff. First of all, 4 stars because the price is outrageous. I received it as a gift and I'm dreading the day I run out and have to buy it myself! However, I've recently moved to NYC and my skin just freaked out. This kit helps bring it back to semi-normal conditions, and my skin is smoooooooth as buttah, baby! Well, except where the pimples are. I use it once a week, or whenever my skin starts getting really freaky, before bed.

It's quick, it's easy, it's love. I don't have the money to get facials/peels done professionally, but this is holdin' down the fort pretty decently!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Since my skin has been in good condition, I wanted to try out this product to maintain and enhance my skin from few acne scars. I read all the positive reviews but didn't have high expectations. After first use, my face was glowing(not shiny) and my large pores on my nose almost looked invisible. But the next morning, I broke out like crazy! Large red bumps were all over my chin, forehead, everywhere on my face! I was disappointed but I remembered that I left it on my face longer than the direction instructed, I probably left it on my face for 10 minutes. I generally like to leave any masks and defoliators on my face for longer than the instructions but I think this product is way too harsh to leave it for that long. Anyways I decided to give it another chance and this time I follow their directions for only leaving it on for 1-2 minutes after step 2. I have to say, this time it worked, no breakouts. I still don't like it as much as the Aspirin mask but overall it's ok. I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin since it burns a little when you apply both step 1 + 2.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing! I've been using this for a few years now---first got it as a sample @ Sephora and had to run out to buy the full size! It literally takes off all the dead skin, dry patches and even lightens old pimple scars I have on my chin. You do need to do a little bit of work to prep the kit for your face. Apply the vitamin C crystals directly onto your clean & dry face, give it a good rub, concentrating on areas that need it most then apply the activating gel, which turns the crystals into a warming, paste-like consistency, massage it for a couple of minutes, rinse and you will notice the difference right away! Make sure to apply moisturizer afterward (with SPF if you decide to use this in daytime). It is pricey @ $65 but well worth it. One of the downfall is that the vitamin C starts to smell a bit 'rancid' towards the end of its shelf life (about a year, it didn't come as a big surprise but disappointed nonetheless) so if you like the product and your skin can handle it, don't use it too infrequently because the product will be wasted. I've done that twice already, because of the cost I didn't want to use it every week, more like once or twice month,ended up wasting a lot of product when I had to toss it. All in all, the best exfoliant I've ever used.

This treatment was super easy to do! It only took about five minutes which was great! From the moment I applied the gel I could feel it doing it's work. It left my skin feeling ultra soft - my boyfriend just kept touching my cheeks! It also left me with a beautiful glow and smoothed out some bumpiness around my forehead. I will be doing this weekly for sure.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have used this 2 steps peel a couple of times and I have to say that I am pleased. I have some doubts about the appplication, though. The instructions read as follows:

- step 1: apply vitamin c crystals to a clean dry face.
- step 2: gently massage using circular motions to buff away dead, dry skin cells for thirty to sixty seconds; and then leave on skin for one to three minutes.
-step 3: apply a thin layer of activator gel over crystals.
- step 4: after applying activator gel, a warming sensation and foam will appear. leave on for one minute and then rinse.

OK the first 2 steps are fine and it's the part I like best. It smells like Vit. C (fresh, acid, orangey and i can feel the micro beads.
Then I applied the activator: It's a crystal creal fluid. Nothign major happened... i mean, no white foam no warming sensation. may it be I applied too little?
However, after some minutes, I did a little scrubbing, and rinsed.
Wow, really fantastic! my face was brighter and glowing.
this is a really good scrub, I have to say. (a bit on the expensive side, at 40$ though).
No allergies or adverse reaction, however I would be careful if you have sensitive skin... as this seems an "heavy duty" treatment...
______________________________________

What the Philosophy site says:
- rebuilds skin: peptides: a combination of amino acids that help rebuild the skin's support structure. peptides helps improve the skin's firmness and elasticity while minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- brightens skin: vitamin c: this antioxidant and collagen stimulator offers anti-aging benefits, helps brighten the skin and helps protect against environmental attack.
- keeps skin clear: salicylic acid: helps shed pore walls of dead skin cells and helps keep skin clear while minimizing congestion/breakouts.
- exfoliates and moisturizes: lactic acid: exfoliates and moisturizes the skin which helps promote smooth, healthy skin.

on 3/12/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this product! I actually got the same results using Philosophy's microdelivery peel as I got at the dermatologist office! The mini peel I did at my dermatologist office cost me $150... So considering how many uses I get from this product and comparing the results by a professional...it is definitely worth the price.
This product keeps my skintone even and youthful looking and is a quick "pick me up" when your skin feels dull.
This is a must have! Highly recommended!

on 3/10/2010 4:30:00 PM

I love this peel! I use a Clarisonic every day, so I don't need that much more in the way of exfoliation, but this peel does a great job of cleaning out and tightening up my pores. It also evens out my skin tone and makes my skin extra smooth. I hadn't used it in a while so I'd forgotten how well it works. Looking at my skin in a magnifying mirror both before and after convinced me that this is well worth using once or twice a week. I gave the packaging quality a 4 because I have a hard time using both components at an equal pace and it really doesn't need to be in such a big box. Other than that, I am happy to have this peel as part of my anti-aging 'bag of tricks.'

Popular Treatments (Face)