Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

3.8

Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.

on 2/26/2009 11:17:00 PM

I think this is just beautiful. I actually prefer the EDT - it smells nicer to me. Its a very comforting scent - light - fresh - gets tons of compliments. I can't imagine anyone not liking this.

on 2/22/2009 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yum, I am in love with the heavenly light and baby soft scent of Cashmere Mist! I got a sample of the lotion at the Seattle Women's Show a couple years ago and knew I needed to have it. When Christmas came around this year I saw a DK sale display in the Macy's fragrance section and was pleased to find a gift set featuring edt and lotion for 20% off so I got it. My boyfriend does not care much for fragrance as he is sensitive to most parfumes, sprays, and incense, but he actually like the clean light scent of Cashmere Mist. I am not sure what the spastic reviewer below me was talking about, but this scent is very clean and very pure smelling. With high floral jasmine notes, a smooth sandalwood and amber base, and a slight undertone of white musk, it leaves one smelling like they just emerged from a Persian day spa or a romantic garden sanctuary!

on 2/18/2009 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have had a bottle of Cashmere Mist for several years now. When I first discovered this scent I loved it since I am not a fan of overly bold frangraces. I wore this scent religiously for quite awhile when all of the sudden I began to acquaint the scent to that of the smells of a hospital. I don't know if I wore the frangrance once and entered a medical center or what, but now everytime I smell it I think of hospitals.

on 1/12/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On me this is a nice,light floral,powdery scent. Its a long lasting scent thats imo suitable for daytime or nighttime..pretty much a all around scent that anyone could wear at anytime of the year...I would repurchase.

on 12/21/2008 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This was a decent fragrance, but not on my top killer 5 list though. I bought it back in '99 and had it for a lonnngg time. It was ok just to have, but I don't think I would fiend to buy it again. Have a soft musky scent. A little different for my taste.Overall its ok.

on 12/5/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Sounds like a tangent but it's not...
my favorite scented candle ever is/was Henri Bendle's "White Pepper". I bought one from BBW several years ago before I was aware of LE issues. Later, I scored another "White Pepper" off of ebay at a ridiculous price.

Which brings me to Cashmere Mist.

In massive googling, I kept seeing that notes in Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist were similar to HB's "White Pepper". I would have liked to get a sample, but Sephora was having a huge sale, and I'd had a glass of wine...so I ordered 1 oz of the EDP.

Oh, hell yeah.

I get the complaints of others about the funk and body talc scent, sort of. But this has the notes that made me search and hoard "White Pepper". I would not want this to be my only scent option (but there is...ahem...no need to worry on that score) but it is lovely, warm, with a slightly sharp edge (to me) that is probably as close to my beloved WP as I can get.

And the testosterone-carriers in my household agree that it is an EDP version of WP.

I would buy it again if Sephora ran another sale or I found the EDP cheap somewhere. It is not foody or citrus or "lychee", and it's not, as far as I know, trendy, but it is soft, comforting, and not uninteresting.
It actually reminds me of Ava Luxe Love's True Bluish Light in tone and overall feel, but maybe a bit more personal.

on 12/5/2008 3:06:00 PM

I really like this scent. It is very powdery and clean smelling. It is a really good daytime scent because it's light and not overpowering. It is also very long lasting.

on 11/16/2008 3:25:00 PM

This smells so good on. It's light, soft, powdery. Classic, and perfect day wear scent. I would say anyone could wear this and not offend others. Would love to get a bottle of this, its a bit pricey though..

on 11/11/2008 12:37:00 PM

Baby powder alert!

This is nice and soft but nothing special. I tried this fragrance in the lotion and I must say the scent lasts a long time!!

on 10/28/2008 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cashmere Mist is an elegant,and wearable fragrance, this is what id wear to the office because its not overpowering, it's very soft and powdery....if i worked in an office or somthing this is what i would wear to meetings. Although this fragrance is nothing special, this is a perfect scent to go to work in. i wouldnt re-purchase this one, but im glad i got it as a gift from my lovely grandmother=)

Popular Fragrances