October 21, 2014 | 1992 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

On me this is a nice,light floral,powdery scent. Its a long lasting scent thats imo suitable for daytime or nighttime..pretty much a all around scent that anyone could wear at anytime of the year...I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a decent fragrance, but not on my top killer 5 list though. I bought it back in '99 and had it for a lonnngg time. It was ok just to have, but I don't think I would fiend to buy it again. Have a soft musky scent. A little different for my taste.Overall its ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by kblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sounds like a tangent but it's not...
my favorite scented candle ever is/was Henri Bendle's "White Pepper". I bought one from BBW several years ago before I was aware of LE issues. Later, I scored another "White Pepper" off of ebay at a ridiculous price.

Which brings me to Cashmere Mist.

In massive googling, I kept seeing that notes in Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist were similar to HB's "White Pepper". I would have liked to get a sample, but Sephora was having a huge sale, and I'd had a glass of wine...so I ordered 1 oz of the EDP.

Oh, hell yeah.

I get the complaints of others about the funk and body talc scent, sort of. But this has the notes that made me search and hoard "White Pepper". I would not want this to be my only scent option (but there is...ahem...no need to worry on that score) but it is lovely, warm, with a slightly sharp edge (to me) that is probably as close to my beloved WP as I can get.

And the testosterone-carriers in my household agree that it is an EDP version of WP.

I would buy it again if Sephora ran another sale or I found the EDP cheap somewhere. It is not foody or citrus or "lychee", and it's not, as far as I know, trendy, but it is soft, comforting, and not uninteresting.
It actually reminds me of Ava Luxe Love's True Bluish Light in tone and overall feel, but maybe a bit more personal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this scent. It is very powdery and clean smelling. It is a really good daytime scent because it's light and not overpowering. It is also very long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells so good on. It's light, soft, powdery. Classic, and perfect day wear scent. I would say anyone could wear this and not offend others. Would love to get a bottle of this, its a bit pricey though..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by jessicamc44

Baby powder alert!

This is nice and soft but nothing special. I tried this fragrance in the lotion and I must say the scent lasts a long time!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MissingGirl

Cashmere Mist is an elegant,and wearable fragrance, this is what id wear to the office because its not overpowering, it's very soft and powdery....if i worked in an office or somthing this is what i would wear to meetings. Although this fragrance is nothing special, this is a perfect scent to go to work in. i wouldnt re-purchase this one, but im glad i got it as a gift from my lovely grandmother=)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Iím on the fence with CASHMERE MIST.

Itís feminine, light & easy to wear; it can be worn to work, on the weekends with jeans & for evenings out. This is a softly spoken floral scent that is quite soapy on first application. The base is a clean wood & musk blend.

The bottle is pretty, plus the staying power is very good. Also, the price is reasonable.

But, good points aside, there is nothing unique about CASHMERE MIST that would make me want to re-buy it. It would be a good choice for a gift, as itís not disagreeable & it is good for all ages.

Scent Notes: Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Sheepie1813

Oh dear. I wanted to like this, since it seems to be quite a favorite with many people. Unfortunately, to my nose this is like Eau de Bounce. I'm sure that if I rubbed a dryer sheet all over my body I would smell just like this at a fraction of the cost. I do get the powdery-ness of it and I can see where some would get the cashmere-y softness ... but poking through that comes a horrid knife of chemical evil--the Bounce factor. I adore woody scents (just lovely for autumn and winter) and I don't detect any of that here. On me, it's a scrubber.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful. The first thing that comes to my mind when I smell it is "this smells so clean and sensual". It isn't overpowering, but a simple and gently seductive scent...very feminine and not overly floral (I despise florals!). This would be a great day scent for me, especially for the fall. A great scent, not headachey and you don't have to douse yourself with it every hour. A definite rebuy!