September 18, 2014 | 1898 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Gardenia

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2004 12:10:00 AM More reviews by happygirl1234

After hearing about this smelling more like jasmine than gardenia, I decided to give it a try. Gardenia and I are not the best of friends anymore, but I can handle it in softer amounts. At first, this smelled okay, but not long after, it got this leather scent to it! Eww! I detected the jasmine at first, but an hour later, the leather scent emerged and really ruined it for me. The bottle is very plain, which seems to be a Chanel trait. Not a bad trait by the way. I tried the limited edition EDT, and she said for 1.7oz. it would cost $55! For the EDT! I think it's way too overpriced for what it is, and I truly feel that the name is what makes it so expensive. I think that there are much prettier jasmine/gardenia scents out there nowadays, so I wouldn't waste my money on this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2004 3:36:00 PM More reviews by DANIEDOLL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a huge fan of the House of Chanel & am never dissapointed w/ any of their products. I am not suprised I like this fragrance so much. A lovely MUA member sent me a generous sample of Gardenia & its divine. Its quite feminine & soft & is not overpowering at all. It does smell like Gardenias but, w/ a little twist. Once the fragrance settles on your skin after 5 min.. A soft powder fresh Gardenia scent is left behind. My only gripe is.. The scent doesn't last as long as I would like it to. It is a timeless scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2004 4:13:00 PM More reviews by roseamber

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fallen deeply in love with Chanel Gardenia. It's jasmine, grass, green leaves, and a dry vanilla drydown...stunnning! Chanel fragrances always amaze me, and I am particularly drawn to the earlier fragrances. Chanel Gardenia brings to mind 1920s nostalgia and mystery...it smells delicate, yet full-bodied, and it's pretty and sweet, yet confident. It's a scent Jay Gatsby would have purchased for his beloved Daisy (or Scott would have purchased for Zelda!) It doesn't smell like gardenias at all, which is a good thing, because gardenia perfumes and I don't get along well. I truly admire and appreciate its beauty, perfect composition, and timeless appeal! And it makes me feel excited, and happy...it smells like "spring fever."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2004 8:25:00 AM More reviews by manda822

I really liked this scent, at first it reminded me of little old ladies with powdery white hair, however after a fe minutes it seemed to change with my body chemistry and voila!! it smelled wonderful, a light almost musky gardenia if you will that is not too heavy or too floral, but as with all chanel fragrances, great staying power!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2004 10:44:00 AM More reviews by countryapple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The scent is amazing - I fell in love with it from the first. However, it fades VERY quickly! I'd say it's gone within the house. It's not worth the $55 imo. I will only use it for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2004 9:27:00 PM More reviews by adalane2003

Beautiful light scent with a wonderful jasmine/green tea scent. Not too much of gardenia in the undertones, though. Staying power leaves much to be desired since the line only offers edt and not edp. Hopefully edp will come soon for those seeking longer staying power. This is incredibly refreshing and can be used for any occasion and during any season. Perfect for an all around scent. Would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2004 12:44:00 PM More reviews by CB0123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this perfume! I love the Gardenia scent; and found this to be light, slightly sweet, but not overpowering. I tried it on in front of a Chanel addict; she went "wild" and asked me what it was! Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2004 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Pandabaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I could literally bathe in this stuff - I have always purchased Dior perfumes but this summer I decided to try something different. This has the loveliest scent to it and I know I'll be buying it again. Only 3 downsides to the product. 1) price 2) the scent seems to wear off to almost nothing if I spray in the morning - always find myself spraying more later on and 3) Chanel makes it only available in the summer of 2004 so I hope I can find it when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by EffieJay001

I love gardenias and I love this fragrance. I must admit that I'm a bigger fan of Marc Jacobs EDP, but I do love Gardenia. Very gardenia-y.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2004 1:21:00 PM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A beautiful fragrance. Coming from a floral-hater and one who shuns the house of Chanel in general that is high praise indeed. The name is a bit of a misnomer though -- there is no Gardenia in this to me, yet no jasmine as other have mentioned either. Instead this is a sweet, pure, refined honeysuckle. Very feminine, elegant and classy.