April 18, 2014 | 1437 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkclover

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this twice and both times it made my back break out really bad and I usually never get back breakouts. I bought it the first time as an alternative to Kerastase which I love but normally have to purchase online. By the second day my back was breaking out and didn't clear up until I stopped using this. Months later I was looking at conditioners at Target and couldn't remember 100% if this was the one that caused the breakout so I decided to try it again-BIG mistake! It happened all over again and I threw it in the garbage. I don't even remember if it did anything good for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am essentially copying & pasting my review for the shampoo, with minor adjustments.

I never in a million years would have thought to try this product if it wasn't for my stylist. She dyed my hair, highlighted it, and lowlighted it with reds, blondes, and blacks, and recommended this shampoo & the corresponding conditioner to keep the colour. The dye job was so fantastic I splurged on the products.

I truly believe that this product allowed my colour to last longer as well (I followed all my stylists' recommendations though, including not washing for 2 days directly afterwards). This conditioner is creamy and hydrating, without weighing my super fine, flat hair down. I was (and still am) thoroughly impressed by it.

I do not continue to use this conditioner because my hair is now its natural colour. But if I ever get a dye job I'm absolutely thrilled with and want to preserve, I will definitely splurge on this product again. I am giving it 5 lippies because although it is expensive, that is the only down side to it. It does what it promises, goes a long way, and is even good for the environment!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like this as much as the shampoo. It doesn't seem too hydrating. However, my hair is easily detangled and fairly smooth after drying. My natural texture is frizzy and coarse. This has some type of mint, leaving my scalp gently tingling and fresh smelling. I will probably buy again, but am still looking for a more moisturizing conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

If this was a site dedicated to eco-friendly products, I would give this 5 lippies easily...but since it's not, I will give it 3. This is a good conditioner, but I think it is overpriced. I keep buying it because Pureology makes the best eco-friendly hair products I've tried...and trust me, I've tried a lot of them. Still, I think they should lower the price a little. It's not all that much better than L'Oreal conditioners, which are pretty cheap (expect for the salon professional line, which is good too). Still, I use it because it is vegan and biodegradable, which is important to me. This conditoner is light, and has a refreshing minty fragrance that tingles your scalp, which I like. It moisturizes well, and doesn't weigh hair down. If you have over-processed or bleached hair, this probably won't be rich enough for you. It works pretty well on my color-treated hair, but I have to deep condition it at least once a week to keep my ends healthy. All in all, if you want a "green" product that actually works, this is probably your best bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by duckyloo

This truly is an amazing product. It just so darn expensive! But with most things, you get what you pay for. I found that they do in fact sell a generic brand of this (just as amazing) and you can get it for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sucker4makeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The. Best. Conditioner. Ever.

I have two conditioners that are my HGs and have been for several years: this one and Terax Crema. Nothing else makes my thick, wavy hair as tangle free, smooth, and manageable. And I have tried 'em all...trust me. I always go back to these two. I rotate between the two of them, just to keep my hair "guessing", but I love them both equally well. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I can run my fingers through my hair again! This stuff is amazing. My hair hasn't felt this hydrated in ages, and my scalp is no longer flaky! I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but it is worth it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 7:29:00 AM More reviews by GoddessofGlam

My hair is the thickest that most hairdressers have seen. It's also naturally curly, which means it's naturally frizzy and dry. And add to that, regular salon visits for color. So I'm sure you can imagine it gets way unruly. I have used every conditioner on the face of the planet, and Pureology is the BEST. Not only is it 100 percent vegan, it just works like an absolute charm. It moisturizes, de-frizzes, and makes my hair so so unbelievably SHINY! It also makes my color last a lot longer than other conditioners have. It is pricey, but when you use it, you will see just how worth it it is. The smell (mint) is also amazing, and the tingly feeling it gives your scalp! I've used it for about a year now, and don't plan on switching any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Forbiddenskyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome! Really great for my thick, dry, curly hair

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ke1b312g

I really like the minty feeling this conditioner gives. Once it's rinsed out, my hair feels soft. My hair has a wavy perm so I noticed a big difference from the "super straight" line in comparison to "hydrate" line and I must say the favor heavily tips towards the "hydrate" line. I wash my hair every other day and I noticed my usually oily hair isn't much of a problem after I changed to the "hydrate" line of pureology. If I had the money to keep buying this product I would, but I am in college therefore I will not buy it again any time soon.