Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I LOVE this product. I have been trying endlessly to find a shampoo and conditioner combo that would help my color treated, dry, unmanageable hair and this finally worked. I have been highlighting my hair blond for years now and never had a huge problem with it until recently. None of the products I used seemed to work. My hair continued to be dry and tangled and just completely unmanageable. I could barely run a brush through it because of all the knots. After using this conditioner (with the shampoo) I was finally able to comb through my hair pretty effortlessly. After blow drying and straightening it left my hair feeling smoother than it ever has. I can't say much for the color lasting effects as my hair is in desperate need for a touch up, but as far as the hydrating properties go, it worked wonders for my hair.

I *wanted* to love it! My stylist always uses Pureology on my hair and I like the results afterwards - thought for sure I'd love daily usage of it (now that my Wen products are almost out). I started using this & the Hydrate Shampoo the day after Christmas and boy was I disappointed. My hair was not as manageable as it was with the Wen (when I have to do it) - it wasn't near as soft either. The next day my hair looked horrid (I can usually go as an every other day shampoo/condition) - it was flat, not really greasy looking but just not as soft or vibrant as my hair normally is the days I take off (in the a.m. anyway).

SO disappointed. I will NOT buy again. I do love the smell and I do love the idea of Pureology-it's just not for me.

I took it back to the store with receipt in hand and loaded up on 50% off liters of Biolage (which I adore btw).

I love this conditioner, it make my hair feel so good in the shower. It makes my scalp tingle the longer I leave it in and I don't even put it near my scalp. My hair is softer and shinier when I use this. It is expenive, but it's worth it. You can also find deals of this online, so look there first.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Love this stuff... definitely the best conditioner I've used. My super fine, thin hair had become extremely dry and damaged from color treatment, and was very lackluster and just blah. I had tried several salon brands, none of which did much to improve the quality of my hair. My hairdresser uses this on my hair every time I go in, and I figured since my hair always looks amazing after every visit, I should try what she uses. So I went ahead and splurged on the Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner, and I'm so glad I did. I've been using this for about a year now, and the quality of my hair has improved tenfold. I get compliments on how shiny it is. My ends which used to split and break preventing my hair from getting longer, now stay healthy and smooth for much, much longer, which means I don't have to trim as much off when I go to the salon! And the best part is, this doesn't weight my hair down! I've always stayed away from "moisturizing" conditioners and always opted for "volumizing" versions, as my hair gets weighed down very easily. But this is amazing, it gives it body and bounce, AND moisturizes like no other. Also, I am in love with the minty tingle, so refreshing to massage into my scalp every morning. As a side note, I like the shampoo too. I just wish this line was less expensive... I buy this by the litre now. It's lasted a long time, but it's still very pricy. But I don't care, I won't use anything else from now on.

Edit: OH, I totally forgot to mention one huge thing! This (paired with the shampoo) definitely helps prevent color fading! I dye my naturally blonde hair very dark brown and it has without a doubt kept the color much richer for much longer.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Its not great, but not bad. It doesn't do a bad job of conditioning my hair, it just doesnt do any better than any other brand i've tried. the price is justified by the mediocrity of this product.

I've been using this range for a few months now and I'm a big fan. I was sceptical at first due to previous experiences with natural shampoo and conditioner. I didn't think that the conditioner would be enough for my thick long hair. However, I found that I have been able to use a lot less than I would normally use with other brands and it leaves my hair very soft without build up. I love the fresh minty scent as well. My only complaint is that the conditioner bottle is smaller than the shampoo bottle. Not sure why they have done this - I find I go through them at the same rate but I will still repurchase.

Love this stuff. I mean, I LOVE it. I don't even need detangler anymore for my very long, naturally curly hair. I usually have to spend about 10-15 minutes picking out all of the tangles, and with this stuff, I can practically finger-comb out all of the tangles and loose hair before I rinse. When I get out of the shower, the comb just flies through my hair. I can even use a fine-tooth comb now! Oh, and yes I have color-treated hair but I haven't been to the salon for awhile now. I'll update once I've had my hair done and can see how well it protects my color. Great vegan conditioner; makes my hair look super healthy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

HG all the way. I have thick, long, normal (in a dry climate) and thin hair, and this does a perfect job of detangling without weighing me down. Only a very small amount is needed, so that umber expensive bottle is lasting me along time. Peppermint is yummy but not as tingly as Nioxin. Only thing I'll purchase in this line. I'm not a brand loyalist by any means.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is not bad, but it's certainly not good. It does just as good of a job at conditioning my hair as any of the professional conditioners i've used for a fraction of the price. Biolage color care conditioner does just as good and does not leave a lingering scent of vix vapor rub. I actually find pureology conditioner to be too heavy to distribute evenly into my hair.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The first time I used this conditioner my back and hairline around my face started to break out within a few days and I don't normally get back breakouts. Maybe a year or so later I purchased it again because I couldn't remember if it was the exact formula that gave me the problems. Once again I had the same reaction. Not sure which ingredient is causing the problem but I did read another reviewer state she had a rosacea flare up and it caused her to break out in red pimples (this review was listed under Unlisted Brands along with my original review).