Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is not bad, but it's certainly not good. It does just as good of a job at conditioning my hair as any of the professional conditioners i've used for a fraction of the price. Biolage color care conditioner does just as good and does not leave a lingering scent of vix vapor rub. I actually find pureology conditioner to be too heavy to distribute evenly into my hair.

on 8/8/2009 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The first time I used this conditioner my back and hairline around my face started to break out within a few days and I don't normally get back breakouts. Maybe a year or so later I purchased it again because I couldn't remember if it was the exact formula that gave me the problems. Once again I had the same reaction. Not sure which ingredient is causing the problem but I did read another reviewer state she had a rosacea flare up and it caused her to break out in red pimples (this review was listed under Unlisted Brands along with my original review).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My hair texture is fine and dry. This conditioner provides plenty of hydration without weighing down my hair. Smells pepperminty which is nice and refreshing in the morning.

on 8/1/2009 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The best conditioner I've ever used, hands down. I don't think anything could possibly beat this stuff. My hair is VERY thick and tangles incredibly easily. When I have my hair washed in a salon, it takes two stylists working together about twenty minutes to brush out my tangles in order to blow dry. Since I've started using this, it takes me about two minutes and the brush is gliding through my hair. It's truly incredible, and I didn't expect to ever find a conditioner that could make my tangles disappear so easily. It's hydrating and refreshing yet gentle on my colored hair. It is expensive, but believe me, this stuff is worth its weight in gold. *update* I've used this for over a year now and tried desperately to find substitutes but nothing, seriously nothing, works like Pureology*

on 7/20/2009 5:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if a conditioner could possibly get that much better than this. My mom has been using this line for a while, and I tried both the shampoo and conditioner when i ran out of shampoo. My hair is now hooked, and I don't know how I can go back to using ordinary shampoo and conditioner. I love it, even though my hair is not color treated. The Hydrate conditioner is very luxurious and thick- much thicker than the average conditioner...more like the consistency and feel of a deep conditioner. I leave it on for 2-3 minutes, and am left with very healthy, hydrated hair. The shampoo also works very well- it is creamy and has a nice, rich lather. The scent is a bit herbal...both the shampoo and conditioner feel very refreshing and minty on the scalp. You can find this at some salons and beauty supply stores. It is expensive, but I find it to be well worth the price for a number of reasons:
- the formula (both shampoo and conditioner) is very concentrated, so a little bit goes a very long way...you won't be using much, and the bottle lasts way long.
-your hair will feel very healthy, nourished, and manageable. I find my hair behaves when I use this, and does not feel damaged or weighed down at all.
-quality cannot be beat- it is a really great line of shampoo and conditioner.
-no animal testing, 100% vegan.

Bottom line: this is SOUL FOOD for your hair!

on 6/2/2009 10:40:00 PM

The best conditioner i have tried in a realllly long time.

my hair was dried out from highlighting and the florida sun and heat and was a disaster

so i tried this, got the travel size for 7.00 at ulta before i splurged since this is expennsive. by its not bad if u get it off ebay though.

i loove it my hair has not been this nice in a really long time soo happy!
its shiny and full and easy to brush thru which was a challenge with my fine hair and it doesnt leave it oily and flat the next day since i wash my hair every other day.

on 4/8/2009 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a GREAT conditioner and I have used them all from Keratase to redken to paul mitchell. This one hydrates so well without residue and makes my hair so soft and keeps my ends from getting frayed. It is fairly expensive but I must say, nothing I have tried works as well and consistently well as this stuff. H/G if it was great a tad cheaper it would be a H/G, H/G, H/G!!!

on 4/1/2009 1:55:00 PM

UPDATE 4/14/14: Pureology Hydrate, I can't quit you! I get fickle and blame you when my hair will have a lackluster spell. Then for a few weeks I try new conditioners giving them every chance under the sun. They all end up disappointing...wether it be leaving my fine locks fuzzy or flat. Then I come back to you...and you are always so good to me. You make my fine waves bouncy, but shiny with volume still at my crown. I know I get fickle, but thanks for always being there.

UPDATE 9/2012: This is still my only choice for conditioner. No issues with weighing my hair down or build up. I am still getting the perfect balance of moisture and bounce for my uber fine wavy/curly locks. Please note, I do not care for the matching shampoo.

ORIGINAL POST:Please don't make me regret writing this...but I LOVE this stuff. I have fine wavy/curly hair. This gives my hair bounce, thick silky feeling (not fluffy cotton candy), but doesn't weigh down my crown or very, very fine locks. Most moisturising & smoothing conditioners tend to leave it flat and lifeless. Most volume conditioners leave it poofy and straw like....balance is needed. I started off cheap trying L'oreal's EverPure line. I have tried every s&c in the line (except the Volume conditioner). The only thing I have LIKED in the EverPure line and that didn't leave my hair flat or dry and poofy is the Volume Shampoo. So now I am using the EverPure Volume shampoo and Pureology Hydrate Conditioner. I have used this combo for only a week or two. But my hair "drops"! When I take it down from a pony tail, instead of being stuck it drops down! With the Pureology Hydrate I was even able to sleep on my hair and just run some smoothing serum through it and go the next day. Second day hair?...this had never happened before-now it wasn't perfect, but not bad at all. Hydrate almost makes me hair feel a bit thicker and I still have tons of bounce. Buy a small trial size at Trade Secret...it is worth a try. I can not believe I finally gave in to the hype, but it is worth it so far.

Oh and many have suggested trying Enjoy Hydrate conditioner instead of Pureology. I did and it was horrible for me. My hair looked like cotton candy after I used the Enjoy. I quickly returned and got the Pureology.

on 4/1/2009 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It is the only product that makes damaged dry hair feel like silk. Its amazing. I had to stop buying it because it was so expensive. But then recently I had extensions put in and was told this was the most gentle shampoo to help your extensions last. Since I spent so much on the hair I knew I did not want to take chances. I made the mistake of using a different protein based shampoo for my first wash after install and that was a mistake. Really sucked the moisture out. But I used the Hydrate and it brought it back after only one time. I use the conditioner as well. Hydrate and Superstraight are comparable I think. I either buy the small small bottles or get it on ebay. The large are very expensive but you can get it for half off on some auctions. Always look on ebay. Will never change again. You can find a way to afford this.

on 3/28/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I like the fragrance, but my rosacea doesn't. I got lots of red, angry blemishes within a few hours of using this conditioner, even though I was careful not to get it on my face. I think it absorbed thru my scalp and irritated my rosacea subdermally.

Luckily, it was a drying, frizz-creating disaster in my dry curls too so I didn't have to try to use it very, very carefully to avoid future rosacea flares. My hair actually felt like it was roughed up by this, and the frizz was out of this world.

My hairdresser said the formula was changed within the past year, so maybe that's why my results were so awful and others liked it. continued >>