Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

on 12/3/2009 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Its not great, but not bad. It doesn't do a bad job of conditioning my hair, it just doesnt do any better than any other brand i've tried. the price is justified by the mediocrity of this product.

on 10/28/2009 3:26:00 PM

I've been using this range for a few months now and I'm a big fan. I was sceptical at first due to previous experiences with natural shampoo and conditioner. I didn't think that the conditioner would be enough for my thick long hair. However, I found that I have been able to use a lot less than I would normally use with other brands and it leaves my hair very soft without build up. I love the fresh minty scent as well. My only complaint is that the conditioner bottle is smaller than the shampoo bottle. Not sure why they have done this - I find I go through them at the same rate but I will still repurchase.

on 10/21/2009 11:28:00 PM

Love this stuff. I mean, I LOVE it. I don't even need detangler anymore for my very long, naturally curly hair. I usually have to spend about 10-15 minutes picking out all of the tangles, and with this stuff, I can practically finger-comb out all of the tangles and loose hair before I rinse. When I get out of the shower, the comb just flies through my hair. I can even use a fine-tooth comb now! Oh, and yes I have color-treated hair but I haven't been to the salon for awhile now. I'll update once I've had my hair done and can see how well it protects my color. Great vegan conditioner; makes my hair look super healthy.

on 10/14/2009 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

HG all the way. I have thick, long, normal (in a dry climate) and thin hair, and this does a perfect job of detangling without weighing me down. Only a very small amount is needed, so that umber expensive bottle is lasting me along time. Peppermint is yummy but not as tingly as Nioxin. Only thing I'll purchase in this line. I'm not a brand loyalist by any means.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is not bad, but it's certainly not good. It does just as good of a job at conditioning my hair as any of the professional conditioners i've used for a fraction of the price. Biolage color care conditioner does just as good and does not leave a lingering scent of vix vapor rub. I actually find pureology conditioner to be too heavy to distribute evenly into my hair.

on 8/8/2009 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The first time I used this conditioner my back and hairline around my face started to break out within a few days and I don't normally get back breakouts. Maybe a year or so later I purchased it again because I couldn't remember if it was the exact formula that gave me the problems. Once again I had the same reaction. Not sure which ingredient is causing the problem but I did read another reviewer state she had a rosacea flare up and it caused her to break out in red pimples (this review was listed under Unlisted Brands along with my original review).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My hair texture is fine and dry. This conditioner provides plenty of hydration without weighing down my hair. Smells pepperminty which is nice and refreshing in the morning.

on 8/1/2009 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The best conditioner I've ever used, hands down. I don't think anything could possibly beat this stuff. My hair is VERY thick and tangles incredibly easily. When I have my hair washed in a salon, it takes two stylists working together about twenty minutes to brush out my tangles in order to blow dry. Since I've started using this, it takes me about two minutes and the brush is gliding through my hair. It's truly incredible, and I didn't expect to ever find a conditioner that could make my tangles disappear so easily. It's hydrating and refreshing yet gentle on my colored hair. It is expensive, but believe me, this stuff is worth its weight in gold. *update* I've used this for over a year now and tried desperately to find substitutes but nothing, seriously nothing, works like Pureology*

on 7/20/2009 5:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if a conditioner could possibly get that much better than this. My mom has been using this line for a while, and I tried both the shampoo and conditioner when i ran out of shampoo. My hair is now hooked, and I don't know how I can go back to using ordinary shampoo and conditioner. I love it, even though my hair is not color treated. The Hydrate conditioner is very luxurious and thick- much thicker than the average conditioner...more like the consistency and feel of a deep conditioner. I leave it on for 2-3 minutes, and am left with very healthy, hydrated hair. The shampoo also works very well- it is creamy and has a nice, rich lather. The scent is a bit herbal...both the shampoo and conditioner feel very refreshing and minty on the scalp. You can find this at some salons and beauty supply stores. It is expensive, but I find it to be well worth the price for a number of reasons:
- the formula (both shampoo and conditioner) is very concentrated, so a little bit goes a very long way...you won't be using much, and the bottle lasts way long.
-your hair will feel very healthy, nourished, and manageable. I find my hair behaves when I use this, and does not feel damaged or weighed down at all.
-quality cannot be beat- it is a really great line of shampoo and conditioner.
-no animal testing, 100% vegan.

Bottom line: this is SOUL FOOD for your hair!

on 6/2/2009 10:40:00 PM

The best conditioner i have tried in a realllly long time.

my hair was dried out from highlighting and the florida sun and heat and was a disaster

so i tried this, got the travel size for 7.00 at ulta before i splurged since this is expennsive. by its not bad if u get it off ebay though.

i loove it my hair has not been this nice in a really long time soo happy!
its shiny and full and easy to brush thru which was a challenge with my fine hair and it doesnt leave it oily and flat the next day since i wash my hair every other day.