July 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by mistycutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a GREAT conditioner and I have used them all from Keratase to redken to paul mitchell. This one hydrates so well without residue and makes my hair so soft and keeps my ends from getting frayed. It is fairly expensive but I must say, nothing I have tried works as well and consistently well as this stuff. H/G if it was great a tad cheaper it would be a H/G, H/G, H/G!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 4/14/14: Pureology Hydrate, I can't quit you! I get fickle and blame you when my hair will have a lackluster spell. Then for a few weeks I try new conditioners giving them every chance under the sun. They all end up disappointing...wether it be leaving my fine locks fuzzy or flat. Then I come back to you...and you are always so good to me. You make my fine waves bouncy, but shiny with volume still at my crown. I know I get fickle, but thanks for always being there.

UPDATE 9/2012: This is still my only choice for conditioner. No issues with weighing my hair down or build up. I am still getting the perfect balance of moisture and bounce for my uber fine wavy/curly locks. Please note, I do not care for the matching shampoo.

ORIGINAL POST:Please don't make me regret writing this...but I LOVE this stuff. I have fine wavy/curly hair. This gives my hair bounce, thick silky feeling (not fluffy cotton candy), but doesn't weigh down my crown or very, very fine locks. Most moisturising & smoothing conditioners tend to leave it flat and lifeless. Most volume conditioners leave it poofy and straw like....balance is needed. I started off cheap trying L'oreal's EverPure line. I have tried every s&c in the line (except the Volume conditioner). The only thing I have LIKED in the EverPure line and that didn't leave my hair flat or dry and poofy is the Volume Shampoo. So now I am using the EverPure Volume shampoo and Pureology Hydrate Conditioner. I have used this combo for only a week or two. But my hair "drops"! When I take it down from a pony tail, instead of being stuck it drops down! With the Pureology Hydrate I was even able to sleep on my hair and just run some smoothing serum through it and go the next day. Second day hair?...this had never happened before-now it wasn't perfect, but not bad at all. Hydrate almost makes me hair feel a bit thicker and I still have tons of bounce. Buy a small trial size at Trade Secret...it is worth a try. I can not believe I finally gave in to the hype, but it is worth it so far.

Oh and many have suggested trying Enjoy Hydrate conditioner instead of Pureology. I did and it was horrible for me. My hair looked like cotton candy after I used the Enjoy. I quickly returned and got the Pureology.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by WendyKR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It is the only product that makes damaged dry hair feel like silk. Its amazing. I had to stop buying it because it was so expensive. But then recently I had extensions put in and was told this was the most gentle shampoo to help your extensions last. Since I spent so much on the hair I knew I did not want to take chances. I made the mistake of using a different protein based shampoo for my first wash after install and that was a mistake. Really sucked the moisture out. But I used the Hydrate and it brought it back after only one time. I use the conditioner as well. Hydrate and Superstraight are comparable I think. I either buy the small small bottles or get it on ebay. The large are very expensive but you can get it for half off on some auctions. Always look on ebay. Will never change again. You can find a way to afford this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the fragrance, but my rosacea doesn't. I got lots of red, angry blemishes within a few hours of using this conditioner, even though I was careful not to get it on my face. I think it absorbed thru my scalp and irritated my rosacea subdermally.

Luckily, it was a drying, frizz-creating disaster in my dry curls too so I didn't have to try to use it very, very carefully to avoid future rosacea flares. My hair actually felt like it was roughed up by this, and the frizz was out of this world.

My hairdresser said the formula was changed within the past year, so maybe that's why my results were so awful and others liked it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lydiag22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite conditioner ever! I use even when I don't use the Hydrate Shampoo. It smells wonderful too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by t1ger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner for years now. It really helps my color stay true.....no fading. It also makes my hair feel so amazingly soft. (I also use Moroccan Oil too, but know it's Pureology that makes if feel good too because I have been using Pureology longer than the Moroccan Oil. ) All that said, I have now switched to L’Oréal EverPure Moisturing Shampoo and Conditioner - the Pureology cheaper version - based soley on price. :-( I like the smell of Pureology better though (EverPure smells funny to me, but still the results are good with the color, body and feel of hair). If the economy changes, I will repurchase this instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by CRAZY4MAKEUP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this conditioner. It has a little tingle factor and it leaves my hair so silky soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by txchicinwa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is hands down the best conditioner I have ever used! I have tried everything in the world and this stuff makes my hair look fantastic. Nothing else compares. It is expensive but it is well worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkclover

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this twice and both times it made my back break out really bad and I usually never get back breakouts. I bought it the first time as an alternative to Kerastase which I love but normally have to purchase online. By the second day my back was breaking out and didn't clear up until I stopped using this. Months later I was looking at conditioners at Target and couldn't remember 100% if this was the one that caused the breakout so I decided to try it again-BIG mistake! It happened all over again and I threw it in the garbage. I don't even remember if it did anything good for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am essentially copying & pasting my review for the shampoo, with minor adjustments.

I never in a million years would have thought to try this product if it wasn't for my stylist. She dyed my hair, highlighted it, and lowlighted it with reds, blondes, and blacks, and recommended this shampoo & the corresponding conditioner to keep the colour. The dye job was so fantastic I splurged on the products.

I truly believe that this product allowed my colour to last longer as well (I followed all my stylists' recommendations though, including not washing for 2 days directly afterwards). This conditioner is creamy and hydrating, without weighing my super fine, flat hair down. I was (and still am) thoroughly impressed by it.

I do not continue to use this conditioner because my hair is now its natural colour. But if I ever get a dye job I'm absolutely thrilled with and want to preserve, I will definitely splurge on this product again. I am giving it 5 lippies because although it is expensive, that is the only down side to it. It does what it promises, goes a long way, and is even good for the environment!