Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion

on 8/6/2007 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i really like this lotion. i don't see any firming action, but i've only been using it for 2 weeks. this does smell good, the amazing grace fragrance is my favorite, but it does not smell as good as the shower gel. it also seems that my skin is a little tiny bumpier on my arms since using this, but that may be the humidity in new orleans in august, so can't directly attribute it to the lotion. we'll see.

on 8/1/2007 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I actually got this in a sample and I after I tried it, I told myself "I must buy one big bottle home!"
The smell is decent and relaxing. The lotion is not those greasy type but moistirizing power is good enough for me. I don't have very dry skin, but will use even in summer just for the scent.

on 7/29/2007 9:54:00 PM

Well, I don't think this product does any type of firming, but I do love the scent and it seems to moisturize well.

on 7/8/2007 5:07:00 PM

Love the smell. Does not feel greasy- feels good on my skin. Scent lasts a couple hours.

on 7/1/2007 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got this as a gift, and i'm so glad because i don't think i would have purchased considering philosophy's price.

i agree with the poster below, at first it was ok, but after much use, the scent is way too overpowering and looks, feels, and smells like sunscreen.

i got this in a set, so i also have the 3in1 shampoo/bodywash and conditioner, the scent for those is so much better because it's not as strong..

on 6/29/2007 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Am I weird or something, this smells like sunscreen...yuck!

on 6/20/2007 11:12:00 AM

This lotion has redeemed Amazing Grace for me. I can't believe how great this stuff smells. It has a vague whiff of Coppertone, which evokes wonderful memories for many of us. As a lotion, it goes on nicely and gives the skin on my arms a nice. sexy sheen. Pretty expensive for a body lotion, but I get a lot of satisfaction from it, not to mention lots of compliments from people I hug -- which, for my money, is the only way someone should be able to smell your fragrance.

on 6/12/2007 10:22:00 AM

I love Amazing Grace, but I don't love this lotion. When I apply it all I can smell is a generic body lotion mixed with Amazing Grace and that kills it for me.

on 5/17/2007 8:58:00 PM

First of all, I must say that I absolutely adore Amazing Grace, so this lotion was a must have for me, only because it has the AG scent. However, I was surprised to find that even though it does smell heavenly, it also does a nice job of moisturizing, and works well when I layer it with my AG shower gel and perfume. I haven't really noticed any firming when I use this, but I'm only 22, so maybe that's why I haven't seen a big difference in that regard. My only gripe with this lotion (I have the 8 oz. bottle) is that sometimes the bottle is really hard to squeeze and get any lotion out, which I have also noticed with other Philosophy products. However, this stuff is so wonderful, I don't even mind the pesky packaging! Would definitely repurchase :)

on 5/8/2007 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This has been my staple lotion for two years now. Although it is a bit pricey it is worth it to me. It is incredibly moisturizing and what's more is that it really lasts. I put it on after my shower at night and by the next night, I can still feel the moisture on my skin. It is amazing. I am prone to very dry skin in the winter months and this combats that completely. It also has an amazing feminine smell that is light and clean. Try it!!!