August 20, 2014 | 1836 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kesg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. It works for me to brighten my under eye area. It also sets the concealer really well and makes it stay on all day. Unlike my usual face powders didnt last, made it look cakey and show my fine lines. Love it :) Also I think the price of 18 is fairly cheap and It was lower than I expected. And it will last for a ages.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this powder in #2. It is very light cream shade of powder with tiny sparkles in it. This was the shade recommended to me as I have warm toned skin (MAC C4/C5). The powder is very finely milled, too fine to really stop any smudging of mascara you might get if you use under your brows. Did it brighten my very dark circles? No, every time I use this powder it somehow manages to make my dark circles look even darker than how they appeared before I applied my concealer and my undereye area appears to look more sunken than when I use normal face powder on top. I think it must be because the shade of the powder is just too insepid for my colouring which has a fair amount of yellow in it anyway. I'm not sure if I'm right about this but my hunch is if you are someone who suits a white shirt more than an ivory one (try it, one will lift your face much more) then it could be that no #1 is better for you. If it then makes the undereye area look too light, you can always go over it with a very light dusting of bronzing powder.
P.S: Don't apply this between the lower eyelid and the orbital bone, it looks strange in the middle of the summer - I tried it and I did.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ntorki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I apply it over my cle de peau concealer, and it just completely brightens up my face. It makes me look like i'm well rested and basically brings my look together. I'm a little more olive, so I use #2 which I guess has more "gold" in it than "silver". Overall I love this product! I don't even really have dark circles or anything like that, but when used with a good concealer it really gives you a fresh, put together look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Bonnerka

I absolutely love this. It's great for brightening under eye area, dusted over the concealer, but I also use it on other parts of the face which need bit of lightening treatment. I am not very keen on powders with shine or shimmer and prefer very much the matte look - this powder is great in brightening your face without adding the shimmer and keeping it matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by hanarox444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! I have relativly dark undereye circles, which I can cover with concealers and correcters. my problem was always that I tried so hard to cover up my dark circles that my undereye area would be left looking cakey. I tried a few powders, and found that many products would settle badly, making me appear far, far older than I am. the laura mercier secret brightening powder does everything it promises. it's super fine, so gone are the days of cakey skin, or lines you're too young to have. it also brightens, but subtly. the shimmer doesn't look odd at all (which was my worry when purchasing the powder.) it looks natural and fresh. i wouldn't use it without a concealer underneath, but it's my HG product for setting the concealer under my eyes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

Just bought it and it works wonders! much better than benefit's powderflage. It doesn't settle into my fine lines at all! Loving this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by alisha85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the #2 shade. I have very dark circles under my eyes and needed a powder that wouldn't make me look like I had a sunglasses tan! I use a little bit to set the concealer and I've noticed that it doesn't make the lines under your eyes stand out like other powders I've used. It actually hides them! Then I just use a darker powder over the top since the skin on my face is moderately tanned. I found it to be very expensive ($48 AUD) but I paid for it using a gift card so thought I may as well treat myself and buy some decent make-up! Didn't have the guilty feeling like I normally do when I pay with my own money lol. The packaging is decent but I have noticed that the powder can come out if you tip it on it's side. I may buy this product again. Have only had it for 1 week so will see how I go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i recently wrote a review for Mally's Eye Light Powder which is a white/translucent pressed powder that's made to set your undereye concealer and to help brighten the area. i adore that product, and would have kept using it except for the fact that i used it up and was desperate for something to set my concealer with and didn't have the time to wait for Mally's powder to be shipped to me from QVC-- hence, i bought this LM Secret Brightening Powder in Shade 1. although i really, really loved the Mally Powder and the fact that it's less expensive than the LM powder (minus the shipping and handling; if you add the s&h it's basically equal in price), i actually found that i like this Secret Brightening Powder a little bit better. although they both set your concealer without altering it's color, the LM SBP seems to look even less visible than Mally's powder and brightens the undereye area slightly more for me. it also definitely keeps my concealer (Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer at the moment, but i switch around a lot) looking just-applied-fresh much longer than Mally's powder. i actually cannot BELIEVE how amazingly fresh the LM SBP keeps my concealer; when i go to wash my face at 10 pm it looks EXACTLY the same as it did when i applied it at 9 am. that is impressive!!! there is a *slight* luminescence to this SBP, but it's not something i would describe as shimmer, and it's not noticeable once you've been wearing it for a little while. another reason i prefer this SBP over Mally's powder is the fact that since this powder is loose, it applies more finely than Mally's pressed version, and also when i was using Mally's pressed Eye Bright powder it always developed those hard spots on the surface from moisture that i would have to scrape off, thus wasting product. loose powders are always messy to deal with and my remedy to this (like many other people) is to only leave a few of the holes open for the loose powder to come out of. i just leave the sticker covering about 85% of the holes so that only a small amount of product will come out when i tip the jar over. i love the super, super, super finely milled texture of this SBP so much that i've been using a sample of Shade 2 (slightly more flesh-toned than Shade 1 which is a bright white) as a regular translucent setting powder all over my face! it's that undetectable and wonderful for me! but today i purchased LM's Translucent Setting powder to use for that purpose so hopefully it will work as well. although this SBP is a bit pricey, i'm sure it will last for atleast a year because you only need a tiny amount, and it's well worth the $22 to me because of how well it performs.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I apply a slight dusting under my eye to set my concealer and it really does a great job. Keeps my concealer in place and delivers that subtle brightening effect, especially noticeable when I only do one under eye and compare the difference. Very happy with the results and will repurchase. For reference I purchased #1 and I'm PPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Sofia65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great undereye powder. I have very dark under eye circles and use this to set the LM #2 creme concealer. This powder really helps to lighten up the area, and a little goes a longer way.