October 22, 2014 | 1125 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by kidderton

Much like the Almond Milk hand creme, this hand creme turned unusable after awhile. It was nice to begin with, but then turned a very weird consistency and went onto my hands like wax (when I tried to wash it off, water would bead all over my hands).

The smell of the Almond Milk was much nicer than this hand creme. But due to the short shelf life of this hand creme, I wouldn't get it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Bec_ee

I'm a big fan of this hand creme! i used to work in a drug store, and whenever my hands would get dry during the day, from hand washings or whatever, this is the tester i would go to! lol! I'm sure the majority of the tester was used up by me and not customers! I love the smell, it's so nice and comforting and fun...customers had told me the smell was delicious and asked what it was after i had put it on. Serious, intense moisture. Perfect for the evil canadian winters. It is a bit pricey here in canada though ($15+ for the little jar) and i'm not actually that fond of it being in the jar itself...it can get under nails and stuff, but i still really love this. I definetly have a soft spot for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by christinekerry

This is a nice hand lotion if your hands need some serious moisture. It is thick and heavy so you really need to be careful and use just a little bit. I run my finger over the top of the creme with light pressure and I usually get just enough. It will feel greasy for a few minutes after application, but it absorbs and does an amazing job at softening your skin. I wash my hands a million times a day and my knuckles were getting cracked. They are so much better after using this creme. The only thing I don't love is the smell. The original banana smell is ok. It smells like a Laffy Taffy, but within a minute or 2 of applying, the banana smell disappears and is replaced by a weird waxy, vegetable oil scent. It's gross, but not strong. That fades away within 10-15 minutes or so. I will keep using it because it does such a good job on my hands, but I wish the banana scent stuck around.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by mikithebrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loved the consistency of the cream. The smell however made me think of spoiled banana Laffy Taffy candies. YUCK....Burt's Bees has better and more tasty-smelling hand cream (The almond milk one for instance, yum!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product for heavy duty moisturizing. I use it with cotton gloves at night or when I'm sitting on the couch watching a movie. I slather it on and work it into my skin and cuticles a bit, then put on my gloves. After an hour or so I take the gloves off and find that most of the cream has soaked in. I work in whatever is still on my skin and my hands are soft and well moisturised. My hands get very dry in the winter so I need a good cream to shape them up once in a while. It is too greasy for day use. The banana smell fades pretty fast and turns to a cooking oil smell as others have said, but that doesn't bother me at all. I like this creme when used in the way I have described above.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was ok, I thought the packaging was cute, and I liked the scent. However the texture was a bity sticky, so I wouldn't repurchase. Did a good job of moisturising tho.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by cocoacutie

I always thought I would love Burt's Bees. Not so! This hand creme, while the presentation was cute and the smell delicious, left a sticky, waxy film on my hands! I felt like I couldn't touch anything! I would recommend using this product for elbows and knees or feet at night, but this is NOT a day time product. Ick!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by silkybee

This hand cream smells like fake banana candy. I actually don't mind that fragrance, but it does not smell natural at all, and can be a little overwhelming. It is very thick and greasy. Not good for daytime wear. It *is* good slathered on at night and covered by cotton gloves. I wake up with nice soft hands when I do this. I like the packaging - it's easy to use and nice looking, although not okay for travel, as it is glass. I would buy this again for night time use if nothing else I try works out, but for now I'm going to try other creams to see if I can get similar results with a more natural scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2006 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Alizee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is nice. Haven't tried it overnight with gloves because it seems to be absorbed really quickly. The smell is also very pleasant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by LadyWilde

My hands feel like hands again! GIRL HANDS! I am so excited! I work in a cafe and I volunteer in a kindergarten classroom, so between the million hand washings a day, the paint, the glue, the harsh dishwashing detergent, sanitizer, etc, my hands are generally so rough that they feel like sandpaper. . .the really, really coarse-grained kind. I literally couldn't put on a pair of stockings without snagging them, and I never liked to hold my guy's hand or touch his face because I thought he'd be turned off by my scary construction worker man hands. I got a little sample of this hand cream in the Burt's Bees Head to Toe Starter Kit, and I've used it every night and after every shower for several days. It's a bit greasy and I'm not a huge fan of the banana smell, but my hands are SO smooth and moisturized. I would recommend this cream to anyone who, like me, has simply come to accept that ravaged hands are unavoidable. . .they're not! Try it!