September 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips - WATERPROOF

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had a bottle of it for about a year now. Rarely use it because usually I just use a cleanser to remove all my makeup. But for those occasional times I cover my lids with a ton of shadow and need to remove it- this is what I use to do the trick. I like to use it with regular tissue paper, I think cotton swaps just smear it around. I love the smell, its so old school classic and reminds me of something an older rich lady might smell like...haha. o.k I'll stop now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

Unless you're desperate for a makeup remover, then don't but this. Makeup remover usually lasts me about a year, but I bought this last month and it's already half done. It gets the job done in taking you're makeup off without a greasy or dry feeling being left behind. However, the 2 liquids inside seperate too quickly and you have to shake it a lot and often to keep them mixed.

Also, the spout that it comes out of is horrible, the liquid goes everywhere but the cotton pad and slides all down the bottle. What I do is I take the cap off completely and dip a Q-tip inside. But that's also annoying because I have to keep putting it back on and shaking it because the liquids seperate within seconds.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by xhanabi

This is an awesome eye m/u remover! Very similar to Lancome's, very effective, and fast. I also like this better than Neutrogena's. Removes every trace of waterproof mascara, and very quick at that! Great product for the price and I think I'll stick to this one from now on because Lancome's is too pricey while this one is cheaper but works just as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by EsGal

I am so glad I discovered this product. I wear waterproof mascara always, so all my eyemakeup removers are for waterproof makeup. I've tried Clarins and Biotherm (both brands market around CAN$30 a bottle), and L'Oreal beats them both in performance and price ($12 at Shoppers, might be cheaper if you buy from Loblaws or elsewhere)!

I recall back when I used Clarins and Bioterm I would need at leat two cotton pads for each eye to get all my eye makeup off. Not with L'Oreal, it just takes it all off with 1 cotton pad, and I don't even need to leave the cotton pad on my eye long. I've recently discovered Prescriptives Here to Stay mascara (staying power and define power is FABBBB! I will not try any mascara ever again!), and L'Oreal took it off easily without rubbing or tugging.

The packaging's alright, as the opening for the solution is a hole and if you tilt the bottle too much you'll get too much product, but you learn quick so that's not a problem. Besides, you can put a q-tip into the hole if you want less product.

Solution is double-phased blue, which I don't mind at all.

The texture on the face is a little bit greasy (it's a waterproof remover after all), but very tolerable. I wash my face after I use this and the residue comes off clean just with water.

I am on my 2nd bottle, and I won't be venturing into high department store brand for a remover ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by misseng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This formula is great stuff. At first I thought the Mary Kay remover was good, then I thought the Neutrogena was better, and now I think that this L'oreal one is the best so far! It does a great job getting off all my waterproof liner and mascara. My only gripes about it are that the packaging isn't that great (sometimes I spill out more than I wanted to) and when I use it, it sometimes just smears under my eyes and all over my cheeks, and I need to get a new cotton ball to wipe it off (because if I try to wipe it with the cotton ball I used to apply it, it just moves it around on my face, rather than taking it off). It's not a big deal or anything though, I'm more glad that the formula can actually take off all my liner/mascara. So overall, this is the best eye makeup remover I've found, and it's decently cheap, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Lis_424

I enjoy product. it removes most of my eye makeup. At first i didn't like the packaging because there is only a small hole opening for me to pour the solution out onto my cotton pads. BUt , now i like the packaging because i can put a q-tip on the small hole and be able to get small amount of solution to clean eyes easily. The product is not as oily as other makeup removers that i have tried. I think i even like this more than Lancome's because Lancome one is more oily and greasy to me. Plus, i like the blueish colour solution. It just look more refreshing and appealing.

However, because i just recently bought the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser that also removes makeup, lately i didn't really need to use other makeup removers .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The biggest HG of all time! My sensitive dry eyes can't stand anything else, and boy have I tried: almost anything and everything on the market - from Chanel and Lancome to drugstore brands. This is absolute cleansing perfection (bi-phased, you have to shake well before usage), and I don't care that it comes in a silly plastic bottle, as long as it continues not hurting my poor eyes. Oh, also, takes off traces of even hardest working makeup. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by yellowduckie

My review is of L'Oreal's Gentle Make-Up Remover for Eyes & Lips, from the Dermo-Expertise range. L'Oreal has a few different types of MU Remover in their range.

This product is a combination of two solutions (dark blue + clear liquid) which you 'shake' before using until it turns into one uniform color, light blue. It's a really effective eye make-up remover. I only need one cotton pad for both eyes, which I press onto each eye for about 5 seconds. Make up comes off easily without any pulling, tugging or stinging. What I like best is there's no discernible fragrance. The packaging is a simple upright flip-top bottle which requires two hands to open:P

I generally use this produce to take off sunscreen and light eye makeup, nothing heavy!

I would say the only downside is the oily residue. Overall, this is a pretty good product and similar to Lancome's MU Bifacil remover (L'Oreal owns Lancome btw) though more reasonably priced. Price is around AU$11 for 125ml. I use this pretty much everyday and one bottle generally lasts me between one to two months.

UPDATE: February 2009
I've switched to Neutrogena's Oil Free Make up Remover which doesn't leave as much of an oily residue as this one. Down to three stars...

UPDATE: March 2011
Discovered another product which I think is even better!
Garnier Skin Naturals Waterproof 2 in 1 make up remover.
Check out my review :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 1:39:00 AM More reviews by jzha182

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used 5-6 of this product, which is saying a lot! It's cheap and effective, and now with an improved flip-top bottle. Tried the Neutrogena 2-phase eye makeup remover and had to come back to it. The neutrogena one is too oily and not as effective. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 5:17:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

I get this in the waterproof...it gently removes all trace of waterproof mascara without rubbing. I soak a cotton wool pad in this and hold over each eye for a few seconds before wiping off. Its oily so it feels gentle, you dont have to tug on delicate skin round your eyes. Have repurchased about 3 times already. Best I have used.