July 29, 2014 | 2007 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Anything but "pure" - please see Paula Begoun's analysis of this product! It confirmed my suspicions; full of irritating ingredients. I broke out around the sides of my nose where my skin is most sensitive. Argh! And the smell smells so strong it almost stings my nostrils. I should have known better. Am sticking with my ultra gentle cleanser...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by WendyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So I'm out of town, and I forgot to pack makeup remover. I did notice, however, that I had a tiny sample packet of Philosophy Purity in my travel bag, and I used it to wash my face instead of the regular cleanser I'd been using. After I had washed my face, I found some makeup remover in a friend's bag, and tested to see if there was any residue. The cotton square was clean! My skin felt great (maybe a little tingly, I have sensitive skin), but not enough to be painful and certainly not enough to cause me not to buy this again. I don't think it will replace my normal regimen (Target Makeup Removing Cloths and Simple cleanser) because it's too expensive, but I think a small bottle to keep in my travel bag will be purchased very soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Purity is awesome. My skin feels great after I wash my face with this. Never tight.. my skin feels so soft, refreshed and supple after using Purity. I can even use it on my eye area to take off eye makeup but it's not effective in taking off eyeliner and mascara (Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe baby wash is alot more effective in getting eye mu off).

I also love the way it smells. Clean & comforting.

However it is expensive and I can get good facial washes for under $5-- Olay Foaming Sensitive skin facial wash, J&J Head to Toe that work just as well.

But I would buy again because the smallest bottle of Purity is lasting a long time for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by MargieBeth

I love this cleanser. I have been using harsh acne cleansers since I was 13. I am now 24 and have realized that maybe my face was over compensating for the lack of moisture it received. I love this cleanser for my combination skin. Purity takes both my face makeup and my eye make up off. This cleanser also leaves my skin feeling clean without the tight dry feeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Jekennedy

I was so excited when I got this. I took it home and washed my face for the night only to find that not only did it not taken eye makeup off, it slightly stung my eyes. I could deal with that if it was great on my skin. However, that was not the case either. My face just felt sensitive and was very red. I kept using it for a few days and it only got worse, resulting in me wearing more foundation. It didn't break me out with pimples, just irritation. I'm sure my sensitive skin just reacted to some of the essential oils. I use it to clean my brushes instead, because it was not a good fit for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sw33twasabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product makes me break out for the first time. I have never been break out all my life and this is the first time. I used it for about 2 weeks and I have a lot of pimples on my forehead and cheeks. I was so terrified. I knew I only changed my face wash because i finished kiehls facewash. I didn't change any other skin products. I am sure this facewash made me breakout. This product doesn't work at all for me. I am scared to touch it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by berrysoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The glowing reviews everywhere fooled me.

I don't understand how everybody can say that it removes eye makeup like a breeze. Seriously, these people must have just had foundation on. I had eye shadow and mascara. I had to cleanse twice and it still looked like I had panda eyes, so then I used some eye makeup remover afterwards. Than means it's either a 2 in 1 or a 1 in 1. Dodgy advertising in my opinion.

Also, the whole perception that this is a pure and natural cleanser. Very very misleading. As you can see, someone else has already mentioned the chemicals and no good ingredients in this. You could do a lot better for your skin.

Poor for price/quantity. I paid $15 for 90ml bottle, in Australia. It's so tiny and thick and creamy consistency that I feel it won't go far at all, especially if I need to cleanse twice to get makeup off. I don't understand why I should need to cleanse twice or use other products. I just want to take off my face and go to bed at night, not stuff around. This was not a good product for me.

The only good things I will say are it smells nice, looks pretty in the bottle, and it does not have a tightening or drying effect on my skin. It made my skin feel soft. It doesn't foam very much which kind of doesn't leave as much of a 'clean' feeling, though.

I will be going back to the previous cleanser, which though more astringent, drying therefore needed a bit more moisturiser on the forehead etc, was a far more organic natural, fragrance free one and still managed to take off any eye makeup in one stroke.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Alishajpp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had the normal 20$ size bottle for a while and I use it every night with my clarisonic. great for removing all of my eye makeup and really cleaning my face, without over doing it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by gottsteph

I used this product for almost a year, I really like it. It didn't give me any break outs or anything. I'm just still searching for my HG cleanser :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

ohhh how I love this cleanser! I take my makeup off before I use it so I can't attest to it's makeup removing powers, but it makes my face feel soft and clean. The Base Exchange just recently got this in so I can get it at a decent price. As long as they keep carrying it, I'll keep buying it for sure! <3