November 21, 2014 | 1666 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this ! so classy and pretty.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 6:11:00 AM More reviews by panda0410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coco is a classic, the darling of the floriental world and much adored as a sexy, elegant and completely, evocatively all woman. I just adore this perfume! I wont go through the notes, listed here repeatedly, but I would like to say that this review is for the EDT. Much as I love this mystic lady her EDP form is hugely irritating to me and is incredibly heady - you need a great deal of control with this fragrance and trigger happy pump pushers will learn a valuable lesson if they arent careful. As indulgent as this lovely lady is, she takes no prisoners of gluttony, push too many times and you **will** regret it!! A light spray and you will be rewarded by the caress of her blooms, Coco is seductive and sexy, robust but elegant and refined, sophisticated and yet familiar all at the same time! This is definitely evening wear, possibly also cold chilly days - wear this on a hot summer day & she wont be kind to you (or your friends).
My major gripe is the packaging, new or old, I hate them both. I know there are fans of the classic Chanel flacons, but really, they are just awful and they dont travel well either, leaking has been a problem.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by EmpressD

I, personally, adore this scent. I have worn it since I was 15, and have never looked back. Although I have ventured into new territory with scents, I always have a bottle of this on hand, and seem to still end up wearing it at least half the time.

The rich, and spicy oriental scent is perfect for evenings. It's so luxurious smelling that it constantly makes you feel sexy. Each time I wear it, I get a few compliments (which never hurt one's ego, right?). There was a short period, where my chemistry was changing (hormones I suppose), and I couldn't wear it as well... But I'll be damned if I didn't just mist it on all my clothes then! Lol.

Definitely a classic, and definitely my all time favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coco is a gorgeous spicy, floriental perfume. As with all Chanel compositions, I like it only in pure parfum form. They use quality ingredients, but lots of additives which set off allergies in the edt/edp. I personally would only wear it in the evening, as it is a little too much for the day.
I would not repurchase though because there are many other more gorgeous florientals out there I prefer. I'm partial to the Guerlains for this type of perfume anyway, especially as Coco is already the "darling" of several acquaintances. Nice, but not mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Coco is regarded with great affection by many perfume wearers, and no wonder. If you apply it lightly, it will caress you for hours. When I first tried it, it was like meeting a new person whom I had somehow always known. I wear the EDP, and dab it from a mini. Coco is the sort of fragrance where you want to be in complete control of how much you put on, and that is best achieved with a mini (I think).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I honestly only wear this in the evening, because I feel it's too strong for day wear. I have to be careful w/this fragrance though since I've gotten a bit light headed when I applied a single spritz too much. It has the scent of orange blossom/rose/jasmine with tonka bean/sandalwood/vanilla notes. Very strong stuff IMO...be careful not to apply too much!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by thelittlelori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDP review: I didn't know it was even possible to get drunk off sniffing perfume, but one spray of Coco does it every time! Certainly boozy, honeyed rose scent that becomes divinely sweet on the dry down for me. I agree with other commentaries that the scent is reminiscent of cough medicine in some ways. Sometimes I'll catch a whiff of it hours after having sprayed it, though, and I find it very pleasant. I consider this my "safe" perfume, nice but not spectacular and intriguing like some Guerlains tend to be.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by fleurazur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume literally smells like glamour and luxury. I have been wearing it for a day, and even in my sweats I feel like an old fashioned movie star. Unfortunately, there is a caveat. I have a raging headache! I never get headaches. But I usually use only natural products. Another thing, the longer this perfume wears, the more synthetic it smells. I can practically smell the petroleum. Good thing I only got the sample, because I am sad to say I will not be purchasing this stuff. Wish I could. Just too sensitive a constitution I suppose. That's what I get for being green! My system is spoiled. Too pure for Hollywood.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

im not going to describe spend much time describing this fragrance and its all so subjective thatll itll just be confusing. however i will say that its a very spicy fragrance. definitely a floriental. i'll agree with most that coco mademoiselle is definitely more marketable to the modern day noses than coco. upon first smell mademoiselle did appeal to me more however coco is for a different kind of woman. one who beauty, magic and and romance. she is an artist, a heroine in the tradition of the greatest writers, one who is sexy, intelligent, and enigmatic. think lauren bacall or billie holiday.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LuckyTiger44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells great in the bottle, but turns to a rust smell on me within half an hour. So, I can't use it, but I would if I could...darn.
If I could use this, I'd give it a 5. Love the smell...but the ingredients don't love me.