September 16, 2014 | 1953 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coco is a gorgeous spicy, floriental perfume. As with all Chanel compositions, I like it only in pure parfum form. They use quality ingredients, but lots of additives which set off allergies in the edt/edp. I personally would only wear it in the evening, as it is a little too much for the day.
I would not repurchase though because there are many other more gorgeous florientals out there I prefer. I'm partial to the Guerlains for this type of perfume anyway, especially as Coco is already the "darling" of several acquaintances. Nice, but not mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Coco is regarded with great affection by many perfume wearers, and no wonder. If you apply it lightly, it will caress you for hours. When I first tried it, it was like meeting a new person whom I had somehow always known. I wear the EDP, and dab it from a mini. Coco is the sort of fragrance where you want to be in complete control of how much you put on, and that is best achieved with a mini (I think).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I honestly only wear this in the evening, because I feel it's too strong for day wear. I have to be careful w/this fragrance though since I've gotten a bit light headed when I applied a single spritz too much. It has the scent of orange blossom/rose/jasmine with tonka bean/sandalwood/vanilla notes. Very strong stuff IMO...be careful not to apply too much!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by thelittlelori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDP review: I didn't know it was even possible to get drunk off sniffing perfume, but one spray of Coco does it every time! Certainly boozy, honeyed rose scent that becomes divinely sweet on the dry down for me. I agree with other commentaries that the scent is reminiscent of cough medicine in some ways. Sometimes I'll catch a whiff of it hours after having sprayed it, though, and I find it very pleasant. I consider this my "safe" perfume, nice but not spectacular and intriguing like some Guerlains tend to be.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by fleurazur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume literally smells like glamour and luxury. I have been wearing it for a day, and even in my sweats I feel like an old fashioned movie star. Unfortunately, there is a caveat. I have a raging headache! I never get headaches. But I usually use only natural products. Another thing, the longer this perfume wears, the more synthetic it smells. I can practically smell the petroleum. Good thing I only got the sample, because I am sad to say I will not be purchasing this stuff. Wish I could. Just too sensitive a constitution I suppose. That's what I get for being green! My system is spoiled. Too pure for Hollywood.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

im not going to describe spend much time describing this fragrance and its all so subjective thatll itll just be confusing. however i will say that its a very spicy fragrance. definitely a floriental. i'll agree with most that coco mademoiselle is definitely more marketable to the modern day noses than coco. upon first smell mademoiselle did appeal to me more however coco is for a different kind of woman. one who beauty, magic and and romance. she is an artist, a heroine in the tradition of the greatest writers, one who is sexy, intelligent, and enigmatic. think lauren bacall or billie holiday.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LuckyTiger44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells great in the bottle, but turns to a rust smell on me within half an hour. So, I can't use it, but I would if I could...darn.
If I could use this, I'd give it a 5. Love the smell...but the ingredients don't love me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Soft but strong. It's a very classy scent. Used to be my "go-to" scent years ago. It's like if Chanel No. 5 was feeling very sassy, confident and fun. ;)

CONS: Expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Veedebee

Oh my goodness, I was going to write this is like being wrapped in satin and fur, in front of the fire on a cold snowy day - seems like Ismellyummy also finds it wintery and comforting!
I adore this scent, the longer it is on my skin the warmer and more mellow it becomes, it really does make me feel sensationally gorgeous. I rarely wear this during the day, it is more an evening scent for me. It definately evokes feelings, memories and occasions, so much more than a fragrance it is classy, sophisticated, sensual, mature and warm yet it manages to stay away from any idea of old fashiondness or old ladyness.
If you are unsure then spray the tester on you and wear it for a full day without any other fragrance before deciding, and as the previous reviewer mentions you may find it too heavy for a hot summers day, so try it in the evening or in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the summer. Well I thought it was so spicy and strangled me. I accidentally spritzed this on the coldest day and it was like heaven. It's a very warm and inviting scent has great silliage so be sparing with the spritzing. The best way to describe this is on a cold day it's like being wrapped in the most comfortable luxurious cashmere sweater. I will leave it to grace the dresser in the summer but will enjoy in it's delight in the winter.