August 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by oliviacat100

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, how I regret buying this perfume. It's not a bad fragrance. It's probably a good fragrance. At least I must have thought so when I bought it in August. I thought it would be great for cooler weather. Well, I wore Brit one day last week when it was rather cool outside. It was so darn sweet on me, it was actually sickening. I tried to like it but couldn't stand it. I will give it maybe one more try. If I still can't tolerate the sweetness, I'm sure I can find some deserving person who would probably love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Mollyluvsmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product because of the lasting power too!! It doesn't wear off throughout the day and really keeps it's lovely scent!! A lot of musls can really give me a headache too but not this!! It really is a musky feminine scent but has a "clean" scent to it as well which I feel counteracts the scent that usually gives me a headache! Does that make sense? I have many Burberry perfumes but this one is by far my favorite without a doubt! And I always get commend on it as well!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG I love this fragrance!! I used up the first bottle rather quickly related to wearing it every day and have repurchased. I find it to be the perfect blend of musk, richness, and warmth for a feminine fragrance. I always get asked what I'm wearing and have recommended it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by pgtea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE! I think I've found my HG VANILLA-BASED PERFUME! EDP purchased...much sweeter than the EDT. Very sweet-smelling on me, not too musky as I had feared! Like a sexy, grown-up BBW Vanilla Bean Noel-- the citrus is bright at first (less jarring with the EDP that I got, vs the EDT that I did try, too), but to my untrained nose, I think it is what keeps the vanilla and other stuff from becoming too stomach-turningly-sweet like JC's Viva La Juicy.

** On a side-note, tried BBW's Halloween 2011 "Sinful Vanilla" lotion and if that has scared you with its extreme muskiness, please know that Burberry Brit EDP is nowhere near that!!

I have to admit, that to me, it does give me an "almost masculine" impression. Agyness Deyn comes to mind, haha, gorgeous and androgynous with her hairdo (even though she did spots for Burberry's Beat). But just wanted to share my history of perfumes (I should really post these for each brand) and you can easily see why I think this smells almost unisex/masculine....

My first perfume (as a teenager) was YSL's Babydoll...loved the fruity, flowery, and girly scent!

Stopped buying perfumes for a while.

Then, a few years ago (now I'm 29), I decided to look for my HG perfume. Something girly..preferably with vanilla thanks to those studies that you might've read, about vanilla being a big seduction factor (I want to smell good for my bf!)

I've tried mostly fruity/gourmand and vanilla-based scents-- JC's Viva La Juicy had a metallic tang to me, that made me feel sick especially if I was busy/running on an empty stomach (which often happens at work when I get busy and don't eat enough!). Good indicator as if I'm wearing a perfume while I'm in a vulnerable state (e.g., hungry/nauseous, or queasy in general in the tummy) and that perfume makes me want to hurl, then I will never use it!!

Loved Aquolina's Pink Sugar, but it seemed too fickle on me, smelling sweetly sometimes, or more of a burnt-caramel at other times.

More vanilla ones...of course, Lavanila's natural EDPs were great with my favorites being the coconut and the grapefruit ones but the former started smelling "off" to me with the coconut overpowering the vanilla, even when I stored it in a dark, [but I admit, sometimes warm] place. While the latter was sometimes too "tangy" or sharp, when I sniffed my wrist on an empty stomach.

Even tried JC's Couture Couture (not much vanilla, but I fell for the uber-girliness of the brand/bottle-- turns TOO POWDERY and the grape/plum disappears quickly for me).

Dear bf picked out two for me in the past, that he liked on me-- JC's original Juicy Couture (tooooo flowery, and I cant remember what the notes were supposed to be, but too much floral and white floral!!), and more recently, Katy Perry's Purr. I didn't get to pick out the vanilla very well on Purr (with again, my sorta neophyte nose) but to me, it smelled tropical! Coconut and peach! No extreme floral-girliness but a fruity one that I liked!

Still wanted a vanilla one, and I decided on Burberry Brit EDP. Perfect! Either I oversniffed and overloaded my senses so that I got too used to it on me, or maybe it doesn't really have much lasting power on my skin :P But the scent is worth it. Also bought a travel/refillable spray already to keep it in my purse! Forgot to mention that I did buy Brit Sheer in the past (pink bottle) and it seemed rather similar to YSL's Babydoll (grapefruit!), but I think it was too...citrusy/green for me? The lime in the Brit EDP is again, very subtle to me, at least, as it dries down, which I adore, and no vampy too-musky things-- I definitely get a sultry, tempered-not-overly-sickeningly-sweet vanilla!!!

******EDITED TO ADD REMARKS ABOUT NEW(?) ROLLERBALL AND A GREAT, CHEAP LOTION!*******

upon another MUAer's review, I tried Johnson & Johnson's Baby Lotion in the Vanilla Oatmeal (or Oatmeal Vanilla?) scent along with this EDP and both work beautifully! Although the J&J stuff does have a ton of parabens in it....Would like to try the Burberry Brit Lotion but I'll buy a giftset that includes the lotion and body wash when my current EDP bottle runs out!

Also, something disappointing-- the Burberry Brit Rollerball I got at Ulta was advertised on their site as the "Eau de Parfum" but when I received it, it was the EDT version! Aghh! I am almost certain that the one on Bloomingdale's site is also the EDT.....

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this! So warm and sensual, its my favorite fall-winter fragrance. I’d tested it for years and years and finally broke down and ordered a (discounted) bottle last year and wore it all through fall and winter (until I dropped the heavy glass bottle on my bathroom counter and it shattered...boo hoo. I’m ordering another bottle for this fall). I don’t get any lime or citrus from this, though there is a bit of ‘sharpness’ when first sprayed. But this almost immediately dissipates, and I’m left with a wonderful, warm, vanilla & amber scent (similar to VS ‘Amber Romance’, but better and somehow more ‘refined’). I have the EDT, and the staying power is excellent. I apply 4-5 sprays in the morning and I can still smell it at the end of the day. It will linger even longer on clothing. I find its appropriate for all occasions (as long as I apply sparingly for work I don’t find it overpowering). I always get compliments from my husband and others when I wear this. It’s a very ‘classic’ scent and has become one of my staples.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Ella90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love with BB since november 2008 and I still have the same bottle , cause I use it only for special occasion

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by kahassen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG perfume. Smells like lime at first, then proceeds to a spicy clove smell, then vanilla. I love the progression of the scent. I have always received compliments with this perfume, but I think it may be because its not too strong after a few minutes and it blends well with my natural oils.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

MMMMMM!! I just love how this stuff smells. It evokes good memories for me. Some of my old scarfs from winter still smell like it, and when I smell them it makes me happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by technichloe

Upon first spray, I find that this fragrance is beautiful, light and spring-like; however as my day progresses I found that I smelled a bit like soap, not cheap soap... But like bath soap. I do like the packaging though! It's gorgeous, and high quality, like other Burberry items. I'd say this would be great for the older crowd.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

OH-MY-GOODNESS-GRACIOUS!

I fell in love with this perfume many years ago and I have not found a perfume that smells better than this.

The scent is so beautiful, I can't really describe it, but it is so wonderful.

I would definitely repurchase this!