Burberry Brit

on 1/20/2012 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Brit EDP! Very warm and light hints of vanilla, almond and something sexy in there on me! Always get asked what I am wearing in the office if I wear this. Everyone pretty much smells different with every scent, thanks to pheramones!!

on 1/4/2012 3:34:00 PM

Sophisticated, clean, crisp and pretty. I'm knocking one lippie off because it's a tad too strong for me.

on 1/4/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE Burberry Brit!!!! :-) I have it in the EDP, which I like more for fall/winter wear than the EDT (which I've tried). Still, I think it'll be awesome in the spring & summer anyway...but I'm sure loving it now! When you first spray it, you get a nice burst of citrus, specifically ime & pear. As it warms up, you get more of the vanilla & almonds. The great thing is it's not a foody vanilla, as other reviewers have said; it's light and AWESOME! I'm saving it as my everyday fragrance for warmer weather, but only because I never want to run out. I love the posh statement the bottle and paper sleeve makes too! I think the girl on the sleeve epitomizes both the Burberry girl and this fragrance, though it is nice enough to wear as an evening fragrance. It rocks!

on 1/3/2012 9:48:00 PM

When I don't want to wear my favourite J'Adore Dior, I wear this one. It's pretty, fresh, feminine, but crisp, which I like. I bought a small bottle on sale for $20, so we'll see if I repurchase at full price.

on 12/30/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my signature scent. It smells sweet yet fresh at the same time. And there is a hint of masculinity in the fragrance, which I personally like. I have re-purchased it numerous times. And I get lots of compliments on it. It is a heavier scent, so I am careful not to apply too much for daytime. It also makes for a nice cuddly & warm fall/winter scent.

on 12/27/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this! This is my all time favorite fragrance! There just is NOTHING that compares. Viva La Juicy tries but fails! I can't even begin to describe the notes, I'm no good at that. I've heard it's very vanilla but to my nose I don't even smell vanilla at all...just try it! I've heard it's too sweet, I've heard it's foody. NONE of that is how I would describe Brit at all, it is NOT SWEET, it smells NOTHING like any food I would eat. If anything, it's very spicy and actually could even be considered masculine somewhat. It's smells nothing like the plain Burberry scent which is very floral and girly.

It's great. The EDP is much better than the EDT.

on 12/25/2011 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This perfume is way too sweet for me. I find it almost gag worthy.
I sprayed this on and within 5 minutes I promptly went to the bathroom to wash it off. Disgusting. If you like super sweet perfumes (like the ones they sell at Victoria's Secret) then you might want to give this one a whirl.

on 12/22/2011 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I was about 11 or 12, I got it in my head that this was THE perfect, sophisticated perfume--no idea why I fixated on this particular one. That idea kind of stuck with me, and I coveted a bottle of it for years. It is a bit pricey, so I finally got one when I was 20. I have to say, it's lived up to my little-girl expectations.

I love vanilla-based scents, but they so often are either way too strong and sickeningly sweet (VS's Amber Romance comes to mind). This is definitely a vanilla, but it's more refined than other vanillas out there. I'm no perfumer, but I tend to pickup a bit of a citrus-y scent in there as well, and whatever it is, it cuts the sweetness and makes the fragrance a bit more sophisticated and complex. It's incredibly versatile--light enough for the office, but deep enough for a night out. It's certainly not a cheap fragrance (although I got mine on sale for $30 at Target, so if you look, you definitely don't have to end up paying $50+ for it), but it's well worth it. I don't LOVE the packaging, but it's definitely clean and classic--both quintessential Burberry traits, so it's hard for me to fault them for sticking to their brand. The cap could fit better, but that's my only real complaint.

on 12/2/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this fragrance because at first spray it remindes me of earl grey tea (yum!) It has a well rounded vanilla that doesn't turn on my skin as other vanillas have in the past. It is sweet, but not in a cloying way. The EDT lasts most of the day on me (a great work scent). It's sophisticated, sexy, and my bf loves it. Think i finally found my HG perfume.

The only thing i'm not too crazy about is the cap. It's square with very pointy edges so use caution if you're digging around for your bottle in your bag. However, an atomizer solved this for me.

on 11/26/2011 5:13:00 AM

I was looking for a new fragrance, you know, just for fun! I have my signature Hypnose from Lancome for over 5 years and the first time that I tried Burberry Brit (a couple months ago). I was shocked. It reminded me of Hypnose in a weird way. Still, Burberry Brit is my second choice. I love it, it's fresh, it's sexy.

Popular Fragrances