La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

4.1

Ingredients: Foundation:Concealer: Petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, isostearyl behenate, silica, microcristalline wax, dimethicone, nylon-12, ozokerite, glyceryl dibehenate, polymethyl methacrylate, mica, caviar extract, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, algae extract, lactobacillus ferment, licorice root extract, lavender extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, chamomile flower extract, hydrolized malt extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl palmitate, soybean oil, butylene glycol, glycerin, tribehenin, triethanolamine, water, glycine, arginine, glyceryl behenate, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, methionine, polyglucuronic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides. *La Prairie's exclusive Cellular Complex

I got a sample of this as no way could I justify paying £90 for it then not liking it.
I thought it was so overpriced felt quite heavy and greasy on. I am sensitive combination.
The day after I broke out on my head and I never ever get spots there. Thank goodness I didn't buy it!
The colour match was pretty good and I liked the thought of treating my skin whilst wearing foundation however will not repurchase.

I love love love this foundation! I have Cream Blush and Creme Peche, and both colours look fine on my Diorskin #200, Chanel #20 Clair skin. I actually got this a while ago. Initially I hated it! It looked cakey and pasty on me. Recently I have rediscovered this, and I find that by using less product, this actually gives me a flawless finish, with radiant looking skin. My skin was still able show through, no cakiness, natural looking, but very dewy/ glowy looking (but not the oily/greasy type of glow!). Now I love it!

It makes me sad to write this review. I LOVED my LP caviar foundation - I went from begging samples to actually buying a bottle, convinced I had found my HG. But, after using it for a month or two, I realized I was getting a lot of breakouts. I'd never really had whiteheads before, just some cystic acne, but lately I've been getting whiteheads all the time. When I switch back to MMU, they seem to go away.

Which leads me to believe that my beloved LP is causing the problems. I'm really upset about that.

It gives a beautiful finish and really makes my skin look flawless. I get constant compliments on my complexion when I use it, but the breakouts are a real problem (I scar easily, so breakouts stay with me for a long time). And honestly, though it's pricey, I can see the bottle lasting up to a year, so overall it's actually pretty inexpensive.

Too bad :(

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got a lot of samples when I shopped at La Prairie about months ago. I tried this out and found the texture very smooth and thin and natural looking. My sis gave me a compliment when I was wearing this. :) I don't think I will buy the full size though as It's very expensive.

Updated!
I used this foundation in creme peche yesterday. It's the perfect match for my skin tone. It stays on all day. It looks so natural and flawless. Love it! The best!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After seeing all the great reviews I thought I would try. Big Mistake! After two weeks of use, my face had blackheads and whiteheads everywhere. Even my forehead where I never get them. Went to my facialist and she couldn't believe the congestion I had. This product had average coverage and nice finish, but it actually didn't wear very well after a few hours. My Jane Iredale liquid is way much better than this stuff and 1/3 the price.

My HG foundation. I wore Estee Lauder DoubleWear before. I am boycotting Estee Lauder and therefor had to find another foundation, and an MUA-er recommended this foundation to me back in August 2005. I finally set my teeth and spent the money. Well worth it. It's beautiful. Applied with a brush, you can sheer it right out, and even applied incredibly sheerly, it covers well. A bit of powder to set, and you're gorgeous for hours and hours.

The included foundation is too creamy for me to use under my eyes, as it makes my lower liner/mascara run, but it's perfect for those few broken capillaries or boo-boos.

After I red some very good rewiews here I went out and got a sample.
Soooo glad I did that insted went out and bought a whole packaging!
Anyway, it is nicely textured, but after just an hour I was completely shiny. I have combo skin with slightly oily T-zone and this foundation is just not right for that type of skin. It is probably very good for sensitive or dry skin, but in my case it just doesn't work.
My favourite is still Sisley oil-free foundation which also gives nice natural coveridge but is much more suitable for oily skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Too expensive, almost like an insult to an average customer. I had couple of testers that lasted a while, and while I wore this foundation to some fomal events, I can't imagine wearing it every day. Why? Because it actually DOES make your face look like a mask, like one reviewer said. Let me get this straight though: it's a very high-quality foundation, no doubt of that, nice colours that match your skin, but the foundation itself is definitely too thick and not suitable for every-day use, except if you do want to cover your face up, which i refuse to do. I loved the fact that it made my skin look flawless all night long, but I also hated the fact that even my expression lines wouldn't show. This must be a good stage make-up I suppose, or suitable for people with deep wrinkles (I only have few fine lines), scars or skin problems.

I don't wear foundation very often ,but when I do this is the one (since my Water Canvass dried up) I reach for , it is madly expensive but makes me look absolutely radiant, my skin is ok at the moment but I still have acne scars/blemishes . When I wear this I always get people commenting on how well I look, how good my skin is (!) especially when compared with Estee Lauder's Pink Shimmer Blushlight cream blusher. It really wears well, doesn't slide off my face & the bottle really should last between 6months- 1 year depending on how you apply, good stuff. My only complaint is though it comes in a nice heavy glass bottle with the concealor in cap & brush & stand , it really isn't portable at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

err, I have been wesring this foundation for like 6 months now and I was just loving every single moment of it. As I am only 18 I was used to my acne prone skin, and was quite happy that i`d found this high coverage product to hide all of the zits away, and was doing a very goof job as well. However, my zits never seemed to fade away, thing that I thought was because of my oily acne prone complexion and on hormonal basys, I never thought for a moment that it could have the slightest thing to do with my heavenly foundation that i`d found. I was ill for about a weeb and a half so I had to stay indoors, which meant no foundation for like a week or so, and what do you know, everything dissapeared and my face was doing so wonderfully great, I had no idea what was happening, i`d just thought that it was one of those good periods I tended to have once in a blue moon. after resuming my foundation, i realized the bumps especially on my forehead, so I started wondering and looked for some reviews. and I found these where I read that it`s not for oily skin and that it causes breakout, what I think that applies in my situation as well.

What I actually wanted to ask you, I know that la prairie is considered the best in the world, and I feel really bad for having to give up to it :/ it was the perfect bottle with the perfect combination giving a perfect smooth finish. Are there any good expensive brands out there that have matte shockingly good foundations such as this one? Any better than this one? any chance to find the foundation that suits me and that also pleases me phisically? I mean with la prairie it`s not just the outcome that it looks beautifully afterwards just as if your face is made of wax, but you also feel very special and very fortunate when using it, it has that luxurious air that I honestly need :/ please help perhaps some tips