December 17, 2014 | 1884 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 3:13:00 PM More reviews by maytrix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This concealer and foundation are just amazing, coming from using mineral makeup which i thought i would never give up, tryed this and fell in love, it looks flawless on your skin. love it! love it! love it!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 8:57:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so much wanted to like this foundation but it is just not happening I have the right shade in sand beige but this makes my pores very visible, I have a very dry skin/combo and I have high hopes this will, yes it helps with the dryness but in a way that it emphasize my pores because just after few minutes after application my face is an oil pan. I like the packaging though, very sassy and very cute. For the price... oh boy, my wallet was frowning. I am just going to finish this though and top it with lost of loose powder every after 15 minutes for the sake of my wallet. Not going to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2005 11:18:00 AM More reviews by laceylew

This is one incredible foundation. I don't know how else to put it. I've been wearing Estee Lauder's Double Wear for years and that has always been my staple. Not anymore.

The caviar foundation is soooo smooth, has full coverage (medium if you apply it thin), wears beautifully, feels light on the face, lasts for hours & hours. I had a sort of dramatic night last week & was crying for a while. I just knew that my face was a mess, but when I looked in the mirror I still looked PERFECT! This stuff is amazing. Plus, it is actually good for your skin. My skin looks so plump, firm, smooth, and like a baby doll! I'm obsessed!

UPDATE: I still love it!!!! My skin is in it's best condition when I use this foundation! No more Estee Lauder for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2005 10:21:00 AM More reviews by TULLY711

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation looked chalky on my skin and seemed to accentuate my pores. And after a few days, my 48-yr.-old face broke out. The only reason I didn't return it was because I didn't want to deal with the snotty clerks at Neiman Marcus. I keep it as a reminder of a foolish and impulsive splurge. I'll stick with Revlon's Age Defying Makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2005 3:51:00 AM More reviews by aishad

its a great foundation for a mature dry skin but I don't recommend it for oily\combination skin .. cause it will cake and your face will be very oily (that's what happened to me , I have combination skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2005 9:54:00 AM More reviews by jacks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product. it's my favorite foundation so far. it's just so freakin expensive! i first tried a sample of this and was so enamored with how this felt on my skin and more importantly, how great my skin looked. my skin is in pretty good shape and i don't typically wear foundation every day. but when i put this stuff on my skin looks great.. no AMAZING! my skin looks soft, velvety, supple, flawless, and even better..it looks like i'm not wearing anything at all. putting this on makes my skin look so natural (i know...what an oxymoron). i went out and bought a bottle, which lasts a long long time, expecially since i don't wear it daily. i'd definately buy again.. but dang, i do feel vain for spending $150 on this teeny weeny bottle!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2005 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Genny

I have been a huge fan of Cle de Peau foundation for about two years now. I had read and heard rave after rave for the La Prairie Skin Caviar foundation, but would not bite the bullet to spend the money. I was already paying $110 for my Cle de Peau. Well I thought I would just see what the fuss was about, so I emailed La Prairie for a sample. I got my sample on Tuesday and I placed an order for a bottle on Wednesday with overnight shipping. I do love Cle de Peau, but it did not have enough smoothness for my skin. The one thing I love about La Prairie is how smooth and soft it makes my skin look. It just glides on my skin so easy unlike the Cle de Peau. Cle took a little more work to get it just right. I do love the concealer with the La Prairie also. Not as dry as the Cle de Peau concealer. My skin is very dry, so I need a good moisturizing foundation and concealer, when I am lucky to find one. I have justified the price of the La Pairie also. My Clea de Peau was $110 for .88 and the La Prairie is $150 for 1.0. Also with the La Pairie I will for sure use the concealer alot more than I did my Cle de Peau concealer. I am very happy with this new foundation. Color match was wonderful and the overall product is outstanding. Glad I asked for that sample now :)**UPDATE** I do like this foundation, but after wearing it for a week it does not compare to my Cle de Peau. It becomes to oily on my skin. It does feel nice on, but I will stick with Cle de Peau from now on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this foundation..Found an absolute perfect match in Creme Peche and it made my skin look like I was 5 yrs old again..Fresh&Flawless with the most perfect hint of dewiness..Sadly,after about a week of usage I started breaking out horribly and devloped a rash..Found out it contains at least 4 different types of silicone which I'm extra sensitive to**sigh**

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2005 5:19:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It seems that it works great for the most of ladies here and I'm glad it does. I don't particularly like this foundation - it glides nicely, that's true, looks silky and very caring for the skin, and it promisses a wonderful, silky-smooth coverage. But in my case it dries into a bit cakey coverage. I don't feel very comfortable with this foundation - it is not exactly too heavy but anyway I feel like it is somehow masky and sticky. I don't like the concealer, either - it is a bit cakey, too. Most of the reviewers have complained that almost all La Prairie shades appeares too pink; well, in my case almost all of them are too yellow on my skin (even if they look cool toned/pink in a jar, or on my hand, they become too yellow on my face!). I have an impression that pigments in this foundation are not especially light addaptive. And above all - it is so hard to take off this foundation, I have to repeat cleansing two or three times. Not for me.
****UPDATE (05/15/2006): I've completely changed my mind about this foundation. Very generous SA gave me a lot of samples - different colors - of this foundation: well, I've finally found a good color for me (Peche)... and suddenly this foundation looks so great on my face. But I have to use just a little amount and to warm it on my hand before applying. It goes silky but looks matte, not shiny, on the face...Excellent foundation that gives radiant, healthy looking complexion. Still overpriced, I think. *****UPDATE (07/09/2006): Colour Peche works for me when I am white in winter, now in summer I need just a bit darker colour, since Peche now appeares too pale, greyish-yellow on me. But it seems that I have no luck with La Prairie colour range. I tried Shell Beige - just a half of nuance darker than Peche but it turns too yellow for me, than SA reassured me that Sand Baige would be ideal for me whan I get some tan - but when I tried it on my face it turned too dull, greyish beige. All other (darker) colours are too dark for me, I'm afraid. I need something just a nuance darker than Peche but rose-toned not yellow. 1 lippie off because of the colour range...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2005 12:36:00 AM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had reviewed this foundation before, but accidentally deleted my review, so I got it from the other listing, anyways here it goes:

WoW, WoW, WoW this foundation is INCREDIBLE! I have been looking for the perfect foundation for years now and I am happy to say that I have found it! I had been tempted to try this fdtn. out because of all the RAVES and I was very fortunate to get a sample of this foundation from a generous MUA'er and I must say I was hooked on it immediately! I have normal to dry skin and this foundation is just perfect, yeah I know I already said that, but it is! It stays on all day, through sweat, through hot humid weather, this stuff toughs it out and stays ON and as others have mentioned, a little bit of it goes a long way, not to mention it feels like SILK on my face! It also gives my skin this pretty natural glow, it leaves my face looking flawless and soft! The concealer that comes with it is great too, same exact color as the foundation and it covers well! It comes with a cute lil stand, a sponge and a concealer brush, I apply this foundation with my fdtn. brush or my fingers, some have said this fdtn. is heavy and cakey, IMO if it is then you applied too much!
This foundation can be applied sheer to full coverage and it even if you need more coverage it goes on smoothly and silky without looking heavy or cakey! I also like the smell of this fdtn., yeah you are reading it right, I do! I can't describe it, but this is the first foundation I like the smell of! Anyways, this is expensive at $150 USD, but it is so worth it and more! Nothing like using a foundation and looking and feeling as if you aren't wearing any because it feels so lightweight! This foundation gives you that beautiful flawless glowing skin, atleast it does me! =) It didn't break me out or give me clogged pores, on the contrary it seemed to make my skin look and feel better! OK so this fdtn. may not work for everyone, but what if it does for you? My skin is not bad at all either, I hardly break out and I don't have any skin problems, so this is not a fdtn., regardless of price that is only for those who NEED alot of coverage, because as I mentioned it can be applied sheer too! Get a sample first before buying it to make sure you like it, glad my skin agrees with me on this one! Glad my search for the perfect fdtn. is over, I am sticking to this one! *~*~*~*~*~UPDATE*~*~*~*~*~* I am still LOVING this foundation, I just bought my 2nd bottle, which is good considering my first bottle lasted a whole YEAR, so if you are worried about the price, don't be...this fdtn. lasts a long time, very little goes a long way! I am still in love with this stuff, it is still my HG! =)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No