Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

on 5/2/2012 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

One of my favorite lipsticks. Shade is beautiful and I think it suits all skin tones. Plus, it's very moisturizing and it smells great. Doesn't stay long on lips, though.

on 4/29/2012 11:44:00 PM

I bought this after the hype/raves here and on YouTube. Nothing special. Product smells awful (and smell usually does not bug me)... very artificial. Staying power was the only good aspect of this - not terrible. A little bit extreme, but reminded me a bit like rubbing a Crayola crayon on my lips. Less moisturizing than MAC lipstick (that's saying something).

There are hundreds of better pink/nudes out there. Don't waste your time on this one unless you can - 1) stand the scent 2) want to chance that this shade may look good on you. Airy Fairy did not look remotely nude/pink to me. This shade pulled extremely purple/mauve on my warm/olive toned skin. Yuck.

EDIT: Gave this another try. Adding additional lippie. On second impression, the colour itself is not awful, but still.... the scent is reason enough to not purchase this.

on 4/28/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh, I bought this mostly based off of a YT makeup tutorial by Jen aka "frmheadtotoe". It look so pretty on her! It was this really natural, perky mauve-pink with a bit of shimmer. However, I was dissapointed with this because it looked nothing like that on me. I thought it was going to look at least decent because we have very similar colouring. On me, was this dry, washed out nude mauve. It made me look lifeless, which totally condradicts the purpose of everyday makeup! It had this weird artificial cinnamon scent that I wasn't fond of at all. After a while, I found that if I apply a sheer pink gloss on top, it looks slightly better. However, I would not repurchase.

Nice drugstore find. Its a natural lip color for me. Kind of a mauve ish color. I love love loove the scent. Always have to smell this lipstick whenever I put it on haha. Packaging is cute. Overall its a staple piece for my lipstick collection.

on 4/23/2012 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I never thought I would like this color, but it is fantastic. It's a bleached mauve with tiny bits of gold shimmer. Very wearable, pretty and one shade darker than my naturally pink lips. It's mature and understated.

(I'm surprised how light it is in the pictures! It's somewhat dark on me.)

on 4/11/2012 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a fantastic drugstore find. Airy Fairy is a something like a nude but pinker. I detest nude shades because they look awful on me and this is a really nice alternative. It's an understated light pink that contains a bit of beige, with a very finely milled gold shimmer. The shimmer is barely even noticeable except in photos taken with flash. Perfect for work, job interviews, or anything requiring and a more conservative but polished look. Would also work well paired with a dramatic eye.
The one and only downside is the artificial cherry scent. Like cherry Chapstick but more sickly. I would absolutely repurchase this, despite the smell, because the color is so nice and wearable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect lipstick color for my lips. It is "my lips but better" and I love it! Im not very daring when it comes to lipstick colors, i stick to very natural shades. It doesn't have very long staying power, but i put it over a thin layer of vaseline and it stays longer! I got it at walgreens for $2.99 so you can't go wrong with this lipstick!

on 3/21/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This color looks right for me in the tube (neutral pink) but once applied it does strange things. I'm very fair and this lipstick darkens on me finally ending up a weird orangey pink color. I guess this is because of the gold highlights in the pink. I don't care for the texture , smell or taste of it either. Another case of getting what you pay for and Rimmel is pretty cheap stuff. I would not buy it again.

on 3/13/2012 8:11:00 PM

I am just over the moon with this color! I love it so much! It is a perfect every day color. It goes on smooth and lasts throughout the day. I hear this is a dupe for a MAC color as well.

on 3/1/2012 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gorgeous!! When I wear it, I just think “bombshell”. The colour is absolutely perfect and not even noticeable, very much like angel from mac. However, I wouldnt repurchase because I have so many other lipsticks and this one doesnt really shine in comparison to others.

Popular Lipsticks