July 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

This is my very first red and since people have been raving about how it suits every skin tone so i thought id risk it and bought it.

ITS TOO DRY! This is tooooo matt to even apply. It makes my smooth, just scrubbed lips look crappy! It does not apply smoothly at all...i love the shade and makes my teeth look white but i would much rather use russian red cause its exactly like it but with a hint of gloss....

The formula drys my lips out...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

This is my first red lippie and probably the worst one ive owned its so hard to apply! The product is like made of cement! Love the color but its just too dry for application so I switched to russian red. Gave this to my sister she loved she found a way to work with the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

Edit: will not be re-purchasing til I find out more on MAC's animal testing policies.

I ummed and ahhed about getting this for a while, I've wanted it for ages and read so much about it but I kept leaving it as MAC is pretty pricey for me. I finally bought it along with Frankly Scarlet blusher (another one on the wishlist for ages) and I had to leave a quick little review here after trying it out :)

It is worth the hype, it's matte but doesn't show every weeny crack on my lips, I agree it probably is drying so make sure you use a good moisturising lip balm in between using it or possibly before applying (I haven't tried that and can't say whether it changes the look of the lipstick) The colour is beautiful, I have fair skin with freckles and it looks great, this is actually my first blue based lipstick and I love the effect against pale skin, this colour would suit any skin tone in my opinion though. I don't even feel like I need lip liner using this, I don't know if it's because it's matte but it looked great on it's own and it looked like I had used nude lipliner. I may eventually get the MAC cherry lip liner to go with it though.

I think it's a really beautiful colour and it has made me want to try more matte lipsticks, I hope my little review has helped :)

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by MichelleLee86

Dear makeup gods, this is the best lipstick. I am so happy with it. I get compliments all the time with it. This is a must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

I love this lipstick. I am pretty fair skinned, and this is just the perfect pop of color. The only downside is that it is slightly drying. I use it with MAC's lip pencil in Brick and they work perfectly together. Also, it lasts FOREVER, I can literally eat with this lipstick on and it will look the same as when I first applied it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by dewmercia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tested Ruby Woo at Mac Counter last year but it was too blue for my liking and I wasn't that into red lipstick then.Now that I'm crazy about red lipstick, I just have to get it.Revlon Really Red is not a dupe for Ruby Woo. If you are from South East Asia, Doaru Lip 10 is almost the exact colour but it has more shine and moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by SiSantita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick! It gives u that pop right when u need it... Very classic look... I have been wearing this for some time now at least a year and its no where near gone... Very good will recommend this to anybody... Can't go wrong with this color..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by missvengeance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG red lipstick in the winter for me since it has the perfect amount of blue undertones for my skintone.
I prefer this color over Russian Red when I am pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite red lipstick. The color is just absolutely amazing and I love the matte finish. It makes my lips look plumper even without overdrawing my lips. I use it with NYX lip pencil in Hot Red and find that the color lasts all night and doesn't transfer to my wine glass etc. The formula is quite drying, but it is a matte lipstick--even more matte than my other MAC matte lipsticks--but I think the effect is definitely worth it. Just use a lip scrub before applying to make sure your lips aren't flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bacasuso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ruby Woo, how I love you.

This is a very Matte blue-red lipstick. I say VERY matte because realistically, its as matte as they come- a very old school style lipstick. It's not the easiest to apply straight out of the tube, but a lip brush cures most evils in the application. I recommend exfoliating your lips before you put it on, then a light balm followed by lip liner for the best easy application. This stuff stays where you put it, so be careful when you apply it, and you will be rewarded with the ultimate red lip that does not budge.