October 20, 2014 | 2009 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by hula31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I love MAC lipsticks. Ruby Woo is a passionate red lipstick, but I would like it to be a little darker. I don't think I would buy that again, because it's extremely dry, and my favorite MAC red lipstick is Classic Dame (mattene).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love the shade would have rated higher if it was so drying but its a lovely red.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Annalouise91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Ruby Woo! It is drying, not going to lie. But I find if I exfoliate my lips & moisturizer before I apply it's not so bad. I wore it last night out for dinner/drinks & it stayed on so well. Only touched up once the whole night! I pair it with Mac Cherry lipliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by ChantelleAmanda

I just love how long wearing this is! I can eat, drink and everything and it lasts all day. It is dry, but that's why it's so long lasting. Dry but not drying. If you don't like the dryness try using a lip primer first or a lip balm (like Burts Bees). Overall, best lipstick ever!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by sofinthesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Must have retro red in my opinion. My lips look like velvet when I wear ruby woo. smells amazing and stays put all day. A lip liner is not super necessary but I sometimes use NYX hot red (not a perfect match but does the job).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Adorei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20 and rather cool toned (maybe neutral?).

I really love the retro matte texture but I think it's a controversial finish, I have sensitive lips but with proper exfoliation and moisturizing it's not that bad as some people say.

Story of how I got it and experiences wearing it:

I never really wore lipstick before I purchased this one, but got all excited about finding a red that I can pull off. The girls at the MAC store were really helpful and nice to me even though I looked a little outsider because I traveled with a big old ugly backpack. I told them that I'm newb, I want to try Ruby Woo because I read so much about it. Long story short, it looked really bright on me but since I never really wore lipstick it was just the shock. I bought it with a Cherry lipliner and I think it fits perfectly.
I had it on for a 3 hour traintrip and went home. A guy friend was there with my SO at the moment and he immediately went "WOW" when he saw me, usually he treats me like any other guy so it was a real compliment.

It's a real confidence booster, everytime I wore it I got compliments and looks. I still have to build up courage to go out in it because I have uneven lips and it's a little hard to apply properly, but the lipliner helps a lot.

I would repurchase and I'm delighted to hear they made new retro matte lipsticks since, can't wait to get some!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by PaulaCabezas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister give me this lipstick for my birthday last year (in october) and I fell in love with it at first sight!, I'm a little obsessed with everything that its matte, so this was and still is one of my favorites.

Ruby woo is really really pigmented! so you need to be super careful when you apply it, but once is in your lips it's worth the struggles. The color last for a great amount of time and it's just the perfect red in my opinion.

My only problem is the price, here in Chile they cost the double that in the United States while other brands have almost the same price tag in both countries. Even so, I think I'll be rebuying this time and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own both Russian red and Ruby woo, but I prefer the latter coz it looks more flattering on my nC20 skintone. I love the retro matte formula, which makes it last longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

Exact same as ruby woo a hair darker and way dryer!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by rissaquino

I am nc25 with yellow/olive undertones, just for reference. I have russian red as well. I bought ruby woo before the russian. They are similar. But this is brighter and a little more matte. I don't find myself reaching out for this more than the russian. but guess what, when my skin's dull and my face is blah, that's the PERFECT time to reach for ruby woo. People notice when i wear this in the office. It is beautiful. I gave this 4 out of 5 because of the texture, it is a tad too challenging for me to wear. It dries up my lip! (Unlike the russian red which is also matte)... Although the staying power of ruby woo is SUPERB. I just make sure I prep my lips with tons of LUCAS PAPAW before i put this on. All in all, it's a really beautiful red that every girl should have.