July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was like throwing baby powder on my face. It showed ever piece of dry skin and was super chalky! And, this was actually my FIRST piece of makeup I RETURNED! Usually, I don't return makeup but this was just horrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by sasssy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pretty much my HG powder. I started using it as a teenager and keep coming back to it. it's just a nice, solid, reliable product that saves me every day from oil slicks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Only company that makes a shade light enough for me. A good quality product. Way better than avon.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by UNICORNSxLOVE

Really good. I use it on top of my tinted moisturizer and i really like it. It looks natural and makes you skin look really smooth and doesn't highlight the pores or dry skin but hides them (for me anyways) definate must buy =)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by vilmat

This powder is okay but not great. For the price it does the job but you have to keep reapplying every 5 hours or so to get rid of the shine. I find when the product nears it's end there are chunks of powder that come off the compact and makes a mess over my clothes. Will buy only if I'm short of cash for something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

The fragrance free version of this in a green compact is really great. I used to use MAC blot powder, but this is better and much cheaper. It has better colors to match my fair-med skintone, smoothes out the look of the pores, and does not clog my pores. It also doesn't look cakey like the blot powder and controls oil pretty well. I use a dense powder brush to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by afiscalyear09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this today in Ivory along with CG Smoothers fair-light tinted moisturizer and CG Clean oil-control mu in Ivory. I applied the moisturizer and then the liquid mu, and then I touched up with the powder.

It's great coverage for the price, it feels light and smooth and blends in real well, it doesn't look or feel cakey. I like it.

However, the first thing I noticed was the fragrance, it's a very strong pumpkin spice and baby powder type of scent. I actually like it, but it's a real boyfriend-repellent, so I'm gonna have to wash it off and take it back for the fragrance-free version I suppose.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by jgurriere

I used to use this for setting and touching up. I know use MAC, but I still use this for those few stubborn spots that I need extra coverage. i will layer my foundation with some of this powder. I have found that if I use it all over I get orangey. ow, that may have been because of the foundation I was using, but I won't rick it. It is good for light use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by abandonmenot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder's good for its price. Unless I've thoroughly moisturized my face, it looks chalky in the dryer places. I've also found that it needs to be reapplied after a bit. However, it provides a good, clean coverage as long as I've moisturized, and I love the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2007 5:41:00 AM More reviews by fallingStars

I actually received this as a gift. I never actually used it until recently when I was kind of desperate for a powder that would take away the shine from my face, at the time I was using a mineral powder from PF but it wasnít controlling the shine at all. I patted the CG stuff ever so gently on my face, because I find with pressed powders, they're mainly produced to be patted on, cuz if u wipe it on or brush it on, it doesn't have the same effect. As I did this, it came onto my skin powdery and chalky and I tried blending it in, but it still looked like I had flour on my face. But because I was pretty deprived of a good powder at the time, I continued to use this one as a backup.

That was, until I noticed I was breaking out -.- not majorly, just under the skin little bumpsÖso it was some sort of skin reaction from the fragrance it had in it probs. This CG powder one had fragrance contained in it, but I didn't think it'd cause any problems, well yeh...I was wrong lol. Overall, I won't ever buy this stuff for myself cause I don't rlly trust this brand all too much. I guess it would be an okay powder for people with much less sensitive skin. Itís also terribly drying, made my face kind of tight and uncomfortable and it doesnít rlly control shine at all. But give it a go if ur skin isnít overly dry, oily or sensitive lol.