Cover Girl Clean

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil (Clove), Methylparaben, BHT, Iron Oxides, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 6/18/2008 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A really good, cheap, basic powder. I keep it in my purse and use it to when my skin gets oily during the day. It doesn’t provide you with a lot of coverage – meaning it doesn’t do a great job covering up red spots or blemishes. However, it does do what is promised – absorb oil and minimize the look of pores. It makes my skin look soft and smooth and feels light. For $3.99, I will definitely keep buying this product - It doesn't break out my sensative skin.

I usually wear a tinted moisturizer, concealer on the red/dark spots and a light mineral powder. I use the CG Clean as my touch up powder throughout the day. I love the small, round compact - so easy to toss in your purse. I always keep on in my purse! The package is perfect - forget those fancy compacts - this one has a good sized mirror and is flat and slim to take everywhere.

I'd give it 4 lippies for performance, 5 for value - so we'll average it to 5!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well, the faux-tortoise compact is pretty and has a nice mirror. That's all the good I can say about this junk. I thought I'd save money and switch to a less expensive powder when it was BOGO at Walgreens. I ended up tossing both Cover Girl Clean powders after the product gave me acne in places I normally don't get it. The eucalyptus/floral scent is very strong, and I suspect that's the culprit. But it could be just cheap ingredients (talc, mineral oil, propylene glycol). Coverage is spotty and cakey, and colors turn orange after a few hours. I got the lightest warm shade, Classic Ivory, and I still had an orange mask by lunchtime. No sale.

on 4/18/2008 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this powder. It's the first powder I ever bought so there's some nostalgia going on here, but I like the color, texture, and finish. I never use the puff that's included---I swirl a powder brush across the surface. I get oily & shiny in the afternoon, but this takes care of that. If you don't like the Noxzema scent, you may find the fragrance of this product to be off-putting. I however like it. Whenever I run out, I plan to repurchase.

on 4/18/2008 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this powder, it is sooo cheap. I finally found two shades that work for me. I use it after moisturizing or after foundation. It does nothing to hide blemishes and acne scars. But it is light, & will not clog your pores. It does give a matte effect.
I find that if you drop the compact, your powder will break up into chunks and no longer can use it. Also, if you get any moisture onto the powder, it ruins it by creating a hard surface and you cannot use the powder anymore cause it won't sweep off.

on 4/18/2008 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was like throwing baby powder on my face. It showed ever piece of dry skin and was super chalky! And, this was actually my FIRST piece of makeup I RETURNED! Usually, I don't return makeup but this was just horrible!

on 4/9/2008 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is pretty much my HG powder. I started using it as a teenager and keep coming back to it. it's just a nice, solid, reliable product that saves me every day from oil slicks!

on 3/30/2008 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Only company that makes a shade light enough for me. A good quality product. Way better than avon.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Really good. I use it on top of my tinted moisturizer and i really like it. It looks natural and makes you skin look really smooth and doesn't highlight the pores or dry skin but hides them (for me anyways) definate must buy =)

on 2/20/2008 2:38:00 PM

This powder is okay but not great. For the price it does the job but you have to keep reapplying every 5 hours or so to get rid of the shine. I find when the product nears it's end there are chunks of powder that come off the compact and makes a mess over my clothes. Will buy only if I'm short of cash for something better.

on 2/5/2008 2:53:00 PM

The fragrance free version of this in a green compact is really great. I used to use MAC blot powder, but this is better and much cheaper. It has better colors to match my fair-med skintone, smoothes out the look of the pores, and does not clog my pores. It also doesn't look cakey like the blot powder and controls oil pretty well. I use a dense powder brush to apply.