April 21, 2014 | 932 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

EDIT: The mineral oil in this powder started breaking me out within a few days of using it. I stopped. Clear skin again. Started up again, break outs again. Threw it out. Now I know why id stop using it before. Smells great though, thats why I gave it 2 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2007 6:19:00 AM More reviews by qaweenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think at least once in their life everyone has owned one of these compacts!
Not top of the line... but works for me!
Creamy natural is a great color... and its cheap!
Non comedogenic... so it will not break you out...
I love finding bargains .. hehehe :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

right now this is my go to powder. it is good but not great. set makeup decently, USUALLY does not become streaky. however it only handles shine for about 4 hours and i dont not have oil skin. sometimes when touching up during the day, it can end up looking uneven and cakey. its does the job for the most part, im sure there are way better things out there tho.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

As per recomendation of a friend, I went out and bought this powder and Revlon's Colorstay foundation.

So far, I like the foundation, but I hate this stuff.

I've tried applying the powder with a powder puff, a make-up sponge, and a loose-powder brush and no matter what I did it looked chalky and accented any dry patches I had.

Plus, it made my skin feel tight and tingly in some areas. No only will I not repurchase, but I'm returning it tonight.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupmeredith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a makeup snob...I buy all high end makeup except for this powder and Maybelline mascara.

This is the only powder I use these colors ivory #205 & classic ivory #210, fragrance free (green compact).

It sets and holds concealer and foundation beautifully, never cakes and quickly dimishes shine.

I don't love the puffs that come with it (but don't like them in general from any line), so I buy the round compact foundation sponges that CVS sells to replace them.

11/19/09 As much as I like this product I will not buy it as Cover Girl still tests on animals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

This is the only drugstore powder that I have found that looks so natural and is good to your skin. I have tried ALL of Cover Girl's pressed powders (yes, ALL of them!), and I like this one the best! It's so cheap, but looks so great! I re-apply it often throughout the day, and it never builds up or looks caked on. It is the only low-end powder I will use!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 3:27:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Couldnt ask for a better powder! A fair price as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by bsteves06

I really like this. I've been using it for about 8 years. Eas to apply. Doesn't have great staying power. Touch ups are needed, but good quality and a great price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

After a surprise weekend away from home, when I packed nothing at all, I went to CVS to pick up some makeup essentials. The range of pressed powders was small, so I thought I would try CG Clean powder, in the brown compact. I chose Buff Beige which is way too pale and yellow for me, but I was pleasantly surprised when I applied it. It made my skin look flawless but still natural. I didn't look cakey at all, and it didn't turn orange on my skin. I also quite like the fragrance! I am happy with this powder, and will probably purchase more when this runs out. As a comparison to CG TruBlend powders, the Clean powder seems to be more hard in the compact. The TruBlend was a lot softer and fell to bits after a few swirls of my powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by chvatal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i just bought this today and so far, so good. i've been looking for an inexpensive, light coverage powder and someone from the boards recommended i try this. i bought the fragrance-free version (green compact) in creamy natural. it's a great match to my skin tone and so far has come through with everything i was looking for: light coverage, not too chalky or cakey, great price. you can't beat $4.99. i'm so glad cover girl has a fragrance free option, too, as i'm pretty sensitive to scents. the compact itself has a nice, big mirror and a good clasp. yay!