December 22, 2014 | 1098 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2006 3:10:00 PM More reviews by nicesmile

i LOVE this stuff. it's the perfect consistency. i'm scared i will need something heavier in the winter months but we'll see. this leaves my skin soooo soft! my only problem is the smell. it's a bit almond-vanilla-y and i don't like those types of scents. my body holds scents well so this sort of clashes with my perfumes and i wear light fresh scents. i don't think it's enough to keep me from using this lotion though.
UPDATE: NOW THAT IT'S GETTING COLDER, THIS IS NOT CUTTING. I WILL GO BACK TO THIS DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2006 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ObVusChild

I have to disagree with most of these reviews. I followed them to Target and bought this, but now it's sitting in the closet almost full. First, the scent seemed incredibly strong and cloying-- and quite long-lasting, too. I was tempted to wash off my elbows to get the smell off, and I couldn't handle the smell from applying it on my legs after the first time.
Second, the moisturizing was a little wonky; I didn't think it sunk in very quickly, and it felt, if this makes any sense, both oily and powdery. My hands and elbows were both soft (although I moisturize them a lot, so that's not unusual), but the palms of my hands felt strange, as though I had just washed them and was waiting for the natural oils to come back.
In sum, this stuff was a real puzzle to me, and a big disappointment. Curel seems more wonderful than ever now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this as my "summer weight" moisturizer. My skin literally seems to drink it in...perfect for those muggy days when greasier lotions seem to just make me slimy and slippery! Ewww. I like the scent, it's lightly almondish but fades away within minutes. The only place I can find this is drugstore.com, so I stock up. My houseguests (I put it out in the guest bathroom) always ask me where I got this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 7:21:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried a tester of this in the store when my hands were particularly dry. I was hoping all of the oils (sesame, almond, etc) would help. Instead, while the texture was creamy-oily in a relieving way, it was very light and not that moisturizing. 10 minutes later, I was looking for more moisture. It also had a powdery-dry finish like the other Aveeno lotions that was helpful for being ready to go soon after applying but seems to be less moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2006 12:48:00 AM More reviews by SHANA14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this for my 8 month old cause she has dry patches on her cheeks and chin from the harsh cold weather. It wasn't enough moisture for her face so I started using it myself as a body lotion. Leaves my skin feeling silky and smelling nice. This lotion has a nice, mild, fresh scent. May not be moisturizing enough for the winter weather but is a nice moisturizer for the summer months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ckristen

I love this oil/lotion! once you use it, you will see that the title matched the product perfectly. it provides very good moisture and is a light beautiful texture with the most lovely smell. i hope it comes in the tube form also!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

I love this lotion! I live in Las Vegas where I am always battling dry skin and the harsh effects of the hardwater. Aveeno's CMO is very light, thin, and super moisturizing lotion. I am very breakout prone, so I need a lotion that sinks right into my skin and does not break me out on my back, shoulders, or chest, and I never has those problems with Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil. I like this better than the Daily Baby Lotion, although the DBL is thicker, and more moisturizing, and super gentle on my sensitive skin - it breaks me out horribly where ever I put it. This Creamy Moisturizing Oil is definitely my favorite Aveeno lotion for body. It's great in the summer because it's so light and not oily. It gives my skin just the right amount of moisture with out suffocating it or making me sweat. It's second to my holygrail Cetaphil Body Creme. I switch between these two depending on what my skin needs at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2006 6:52:00 AM More reviews by damnyoureprettygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, so good.Aveeno's like one of my skin's best friend. No bad reactions so far with my super sensitive skin since I tend to get skin asthma attacks with some products. With the moisturizing effect I still have to test this once I get my ass back to Toronto =P I love the yummy smell tho

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by lipcrazy

Normally when I use some form of baby oil or neutrogena body oil it leaves my skin so velvety soft, and it looks silky and "glowy". Most lotions and products will help with the dry skin, but to find one that leaves my skin soft is a real find. Stating that, I must say that this product is a real disappointment. It minimally moisturizes, the scent is mediocre and there are just too many better products out there to waste counter space on this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 2:23:00 AM More reviews by jaxphotogirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this out of desperation... and because I love almondy smells. I was a bit disappointed that the almond turned fruity, but I love how this makes my skin feel. Oddly enough, the biggest change has been in my cuticles. After months of ragged, bleeding cuticles within days they're getting smoother and healthier. I've tried expensive oils and creams just for cuticles, but this did the trick. I really purchased it for my dry arms and legs (and it works well) but what is surprising is that it does seem to sink into my hands... no mean feat, since my skin seems resistant to most lotions. (They tend to just 'sit' on the surface). This one takes a while to sink in, but when it does it's so nice. It has an oil feel, but not the oil messiness. Please, Aveeno, don't discontinue this one!