August 20, 2014 | 1562 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:39:00 AM More reviews by rosetartes

Before I start, let me describe my skin.

I have very odd combination skin. Usually my skin is terribly dry. It's always flaky, and when I shower I can literally scrape the dead skin off.

However, it also gets quite oily, and I notice tiny beads of grease sitting on top of the dry patches and my cheeks/forehead. Washing usually made my skin tight, but I'm prone to acne from the ridiculous amount of grease.

I spoke to a Clinique customer service representative, and she suggested this line. I'll be reviewing each product separately.

Cleansing Foam: The smell is nice, and I like how light it feels. I used three pumps, and that was enough to wash my entire face and down my neck. However, it didn't help in removing my dead skin, and it left my face more dry.

Clarifying Lotion: I despise this product. It did remove the flakes that the foam left, but dried out my skin worse in the end. The smell is very strong, and it made my eyes sting and water. It also burned horribly.

Clearing Moisturizer: Not fond of this product either. It has a strong smell, though not as bad as the lotion. The consistency is quite greasy, and it was hard to spread. It made my skin peel to the point of my having to use a wet towel to brush the skin off, and it also burned.

My skin would be patchy and rough after using all three products.

The worst thing however about this line is that it gave me chemical burn. I had been using it for a while, and my skin felt stripped of moisture. I spoke to the previous customer service representative, and she told me that I could use a moisturizer on top if I was having issues. My skin was burning so I decided to use my vitamin E and tea tree oil moisturizer, which is for sensitive skin. That was a terrible mistake. My skin went from normal burning to feeling as if it were on fire. It also turned tomato red. I had to wash my face three times to get everything off, and spent the rest of the day putting cold, wet towels on my face. My face was tight to the point of my barely being able to even move, I was itchy, swollen, dry, and it was even more stripped than before (which I hadn't thought possible). I had to take Advil and Benadryl for the rest of the day, and wasn't able to use anything on my face for days.

Needless to say, I'm going to return the set, and I'll never use it again.

Thankfully, I recently found a line that seems to work for me. I've been using the Yes To Tomatoes Daily Pore Scrub and Clear Skin Daily Balancing Moisturizer. The scrub is great! It removes all of my dry skin, yet my face does not get tight or dry. It's also very soothing and my face feels so clean after. The moisturizer balances my skin perfectly!

The best thing is that I can actually wear makeup now. I wasn't able to do that with Clinique, as makeup would just enhance the flakes and the uneven texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is terrible, for me. I didn't try this recently, I tried it last year but saw someone talking about it so I felt the need to review it because it is bad. I tried it when I started mysteriously breaking out, and I'm glad I tried it and gave up on it because I have much better skin since I stopped using harsh chemicals. This stuff dried my face out SOOO bad, the moisturizer does not moisturize, and I ended up with OILIER skin than I started with. And my skin is not oily to begin with. My skin felt tight and dry, yet looked oily. It did get rid of my blemishes, for about 2 weeks. After that it stopped working. Overall, terrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the small 1 month kit just to see if it'd work; before trying Clinique I tried most of the products sold at stores. Many of them did not work, they just made my acne worse. My face would get red like a tomato from all the alcohol medication; pads, foaming cleansers, everything!
When I started using it, at first my acne did get worse (the lady at Clinique told me that it'd happen since the medicine was making the underlying acne come up), and I thought it wouldn't work. My mom was the one to tell me that it was working; it's not the same seeing yourself change since you don't notice it as much as another person. That was when I noticed that my forehead was clearing up, as well as my entire face. My nose is another story; blackheads never seem to go away.
The one important thing I've learned is that you have to keep using it; don't stop for a lil while even if it's short.
However, acne will come up from time to time but not as bad. A few lil pimple here and there, but nothing like before, that's for sure. And breakouts around your Aunt Flo visit is normal; no way around that.
Before using it, I had a lot of acne scars from picking (I couldn't help it no matter how hard I tried), and with time those went away as well. They're not as dark; they've lighted up so much that it's a miracle to me.
Now for the toner: I love it! I use it about a minute after using the cleanser so that it doesn't give me that lil sting. It's soothing on me; gets anything my cleanser didn't get, and it works.
The moisturizer does dry out fast once I use it on my skin, but I'd rather have that instead of oily skin. It smells pretty nice to me, and it cools my skin down after using both the cleanser and the toner.
Price wise: good quality comes with the price. Would like to see all three of these go down a bit since I'm a broke college student, but I'll still buy them in the end.
Definitely recommend it to ladies that are enemies with acne =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given this from my very best friend! It saved my life! Lol ok maybe not that extreme, I'm just a little dramatic, but it did save my skin! I was having a problem a little after I turned 26, I started having constantly about 3 pimples on one of my cheeks! Yes! Just one cheek! And as soon as one would clear another would show! I tried everything, and was frantic because I had never had a problem with my skin up until now! I will be forever greatfull to my best friend for giving me the 3 step acne solutions system, I have the foam, clarifying lotion and clearing moisterizer. It has cleared my skin and kept it that way. This is the best thing for my skin! I LOVE this system! I must say that you have to clear your face of any makeup before using the wash, I use my mac makeup wipes then follow up with this system. It cleared my skin in 3 days! And if I get a pimple it's dried up the next day gone by the 2nd or 3rd day. Love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

This line did nothing for me - luckily, I only got the small trial kit so it's not like I had huge almost-full bottles left over. I used it right to the end and nothing. I've never really liked Clinique products, but I thought I would give this a try. The only thing I kind of liked was the toner... it was a basic toner, though, that I could get for much cheaper. The cleanser didn't seem to clean my face very well and the moisturizer left my face tight.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jsabella

Let me start off by saying this product has only made my acne worse. The foam wash doesn't give you that "clean" feeling, the toner is like any other toner (besides the fact this one will break you out even more) & the consistency of the moisturizer is so thin! Never using any clinique products ever again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me first start off by saying that I have used several Clinique products in the past and have usually had very good results with them. I'm in my freshman year of college and due to the change of environment, and stress, my skin has really gone out of whack. I've always had acne-prone skin, but now on top of that, my skin is very oily and sensitive. Not a good combo!
I was at the Clinique counter and saw that they were offering a trial size (about a month's worth) of the line for about $30. I had a coupon, was desperate for my normal skin to be back, so I bought it. It came with the cleanser, clarifying lotion, moisturizer, and spot treatment. They were fairly small bottles, and I doubt it would last me a whole month, but I figured it was worth a try.
The first few nights, I really liked the line. The first morning after use, my skin did look slightly better, and I did like the fact that I didn't have any new spots. My acne was pretty bad at this point, and everyday I've have new blemishes. Over the next few days, I began to notice my skin was dry, which I actually enjoyed because my skin has previously been incredibly oily. However, within a week or so my skin was way too dry and very irritated. This stuff began to sting when I would use it. After two weeks of use, my face looked like a big tomato, it was so red! And my skin really hurt.
I lowered my usage to just the face wash, but still had horrible irritation. Even using the products individually didn't reduce the amount of irritation. And, while all this was happening, there really wasn't that much improvement with my acne.
I stayed on this system for maybe two months, but my skin couldn't handle it. I quit using it, switched to some plain products that were more gentle, but my skin is still recovering from this stuff. My acne is worse than it was before, and I have lots of blemishes that are cracked open and many areas with redness.
Overall, if you have skin that is not normally sensitive and doesn't normally react to many products, this may work for you. But if you have even the slightest bit of sensitivity, you should probably stay away from this. Way to harsh for me, and I will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

This product is neutral for me. It didn't help with my acne or made it worse. It is very gentle, does not cause any irritation or redness to my skin. The clearing moisturizer controls oil very well, it leaves my face very matte. But that's it. It didn't clear my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpAddict819

I think I'm one of the only people that this works for, because it is totally clearing me up!
A little background- I'm asian, with normal/combo skin, and has mild acne. It's only on my forehead, with some blackheads on my nose. Never anywhere else.

At first I thought this would be too harsh, and had replaced the cleanser with the olay foaming cleanser. WELL, turns out that doesn't work, and you have to use the whole thing. When I used the clinique cleanser, I was totally cleared up!

I don't think this line is for people with severe acne, which is weird because it's so drying. I have not had any redness/stinging coming for the products, so I guess I'm very lucky LOL.

I've only been using this about a month and a half, so I really hope I'm not speaking too early, but this just might be what finally will clear me up. I'm probably being totally dramatic, since I'm still in High School and has only had acne for about 3 years, but I count myself lucky for finding something that works after not TOO long.

I would recommend this, but use another moisturizer. The clinique is more of a spot treatment, so layer something else over it. Other than that, it's perfect!

EDIT; I spoke too soon, but this product has stopped working completely for my skin. in fact, it's drying my face out SO much, it hurts. don't try if you have dry skin. luckily i already found something else that works for me :D

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not for people with acne. I tried this line years ago and it did nothing for me. I am one of those women that really give products a chance to work, I used it for a whole month. I saw no improvement in my skin. I even felt that it made my skin oiler. I don't understand that one.
Their are cheaper products at a drugstore that work a whole lot better. I would not even waste your time and money on this line.