December 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Cleansers - Desert Essence - Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by amy813

This cleanser is highly recommended on some online forums and for good reason! This cleans skin completely without drying, removes every trace of makeup, and really does help clear up and prevent pimples. I have very sensiotive, acne-prone skin and this cleanser helps keep my acne under control without aggrevating my sensitive skin. I received an 8 oz. bottle in a swap and loved it so much, I ordered a liter bottle from drugstore.com. It is super cheap and should last a good long time.

As some other reviewers have said, it is very liquidy and squirts straight out if the tip gets clogged. I just turn the bottle kind of sideways and put my cupped hand about 2 inches away and it works just fine. Packaging issues alone would not keep me from buying this over and over again. It is truly the best cleanser I have ever found.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by seefaithrun

This just didn't work out for me. My skin didn't react adversely to it, but I don't feel like my skin got clean enough. The product is a bit watery, so when you pump it out, it practically squirts straight out. I felt the best place for it was the shower.

The lather is nice enough, and there isn't much of a scent...which I don't care if there is one or not. I wouldn't re-purchase it. I didn't expect miracles, but I was hoping for more in a face wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by aneb

I have combo skin with occasional breakouts. i used to use cetaphil but when i bought a second bottle, the formula changed? i dunno, the consistancy was different and i didnt think it worked as well anymore so i switched to this since i was using the cleansing pads already. this is realllllyyyyy good for removing makeup, i even use it as a hand wash. yeah it kinda dries up my skin but i use the jojoba oil afterwards and it's fine. it's been really good at preventing breakouts which is all i really care about.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by April12twelve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin with occasional hormonal breakouts. I've been using it for two weeks now and the first week I used it twice a day and it made my skin really dry. Probably due to the castille soap.

This past week I only used it in the evenings on days I wore makeup and it did a great job removing all of that and my skin wasn't as dry.

Bottom line...if you have acne prone skin that's very oily, you could use this as a regular cleanser twice a day. If your skin has dry tendencies stay away from this unless you plan on using it once a day or less.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Seashorechic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst cleanser I have EVER used! I have sensitive skin and this dried it out like I had just put antibacterial Dial soap on my face! I believe the first ingredient IS Castile soap...why?! If anyone actually likes this, its b/c they have oily skin and don't mind drying up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by starfish26

I cannot praise this product enough. I have been using it for over two weeks now and I love it. Not only is it all natural, but it actually works. I've used a ton of 'name brand' facial cleansers in my time, most which use harsh chemicals to help oily skin/breakouts. Haven't had a breakout since first use. My skin squeeked after I washed it, and I believe that's a GOOD thing since it's a natural product and I want to feel like my face is thoroughly cleansed. At first my skin felt a little tight after washing it but that barely happens now (perhaps my skin has gotten used to the product). However, I don't recommend this product if you have dry skin. It will be too drying. This is for people with OILY or breakout prone skin.

*I purchased the 32 ounce refill version of the soap. This will foam really well if you have/purchase a soap foam dispenser. I just poured it in to one of those and it works great. A tiny pump gives you a ton of foam.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I have only been using it a week... It does what it says - it gets your skin Thoroughly Clean!! I try to use as much all natural as I can and this def one of the best natural cleansers I have tried. I find Tea Tree very soothing and it kills all the germies that get on your face during the day. It is very watery but that just means its free of detergents, emulsifiers, and thickeners... it may be too drying for dry skin. But I'm a big moisturizer addict so it ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by zoelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a super help when i am breaking out, but while it kills my acne, it also kills my face & patches of dry skins forms like a desert. haha. total desert essence. i wish that it comes in a foam form & that it is 1/2 as powerful. i love how it immediately kills my breakout but it is killing the good skin that isn't breaking out. will buy again for desperate rescue. i wish this comes in a foam, because foam is actually less but spread out more. maybe i will try diluting it into 1 part cleanser 4 parts water. ??

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by PyroViolist

Great suds! Feels like using Tide on my face. Every trace of makeup, oil, dirt, skin cells and elasticity literally washed off my face. I can really see this working for people who have really oily skin. The pump really doesn't work well because the consistency of the cleanser is really, REALLY watery. However, it's no biggie. It has tea tree oil which is great for acne, but smells alot like Raid bug spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Such a great cleanser. Leaves my skin feeling plump, dewy and clean without feeling tight and dry. I keep it in my shower, the pump is convenient. I really like how it smells, too. Herbal. Yup.