Clean Clean

2.6

on 2/19/2006 4:08:00 PM

I feel the same way about this fragrance as most of the other reviewers. I was expecting a lovely, just-stepped-out-of-the-shower-after-using-a-great-soap smell. Instead, this stuff smells like a household cleanser on me. I thought it was just my chemistry and that everyone else was loving it - then I read the reviews here! I think this stuff is named appropriately--"Clean" as in "Clean your house with it" because that's what it smells like. Awful and very expensive.

on 2/18/2006 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Clean smells like a diluted "Lemon Sugar"...nothing special.

on 1/27/2006 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I can't believe all the bad reviews for this perfume. I love this perfume. It smells like a clean citrusy scent on me. And the best thing is all I need is one spray and it lasts all day long. I have the EDP. So while it is pricey, it has lasted me a long time. I think if you go overboard and spray yourself like 3 or 5 times with it then I could see where it might be too much and start becoming offensive, but try applying less. I spray it on my neck once and it's with me all day.

on 12/1/2005 7:44:00 PM

I bought this with Sweet Layer hoping for good things. I was terribly wrong! For some reason neither of these work, individually or together. I hasn't grown on me after multiple tries and is "medicinal" in a strange way, not "fresh" at all! Try L'eau de Cartier (either). Now that's what I call FRESH! P.S. Both bottle are now used as very expensive air fresheners in my powder room!

on 11/7/2005 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

When i apply only a small amount of this fragrance, I really enjoy it and it lasts a long time.
If I apply too much, it becomes overpowering and I can't stand it.

So, I would say, use only small amounts at once and its nice.

on 10/29/2005 4:11:00 AM

Very disappointing and a waste of money! Smelled like gin & tonic spilled on a dryer sheet, only very faint.

on 10/28/2005 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow, I have never ever hated a scent so much before. It almost ruined my shopping day, as I spent a lot of time searching for something, anything to get that horrible smell off me. It really does have a very chemical smell to it. If my cleaning products smelled as bad as this, I probably wouldn't use them for cleaning even! Blah!

on 10/24/2005 10:52:00 AM

Very expensive smell of NOTHING!!Usually when I wear a new perfume, the first few times I can smell it on myself. With this, there was not even the slightest hint of a smell. I tried putting more on and still nothing. Even asked people if they could smell it. I was so pissed off about wasting over a hundred bucks (with the tax) that I complained to Holt Renfrew's customer service and they reluctantly let me exchange it.

on 10/9/2005 9:17:00 PM

I know most don't like this, but when I was pregnant with my daughter I picked this up at about 6 months and continued wearing it everyday through the rest of my term. I just cannot rave enough for the "clean" feeling it did give me. I mean at this point I was slacking on shaving and all the extra girly pampering (beyond showering) due to the size of my belly and my inability to see my feet. I mean I had always been fit, and well maintained hygeinically, and this was a semi depressing point in history for me as far as feeling beautiful, but I'd spray Clean, and my spirits lifted. A lot of other scents would make me physically ill especially anything vanilla based, but this was absolutely perfect. Nowadays I rarely revisit this bottle, as my chemistry has changed and it smells harsh, but at the time it was absolutely perfect. For what it is I probably should have put the money in my daughter's college fund, I mean Christ $80...right? but I bought it and I enjoyed it a whole lot. It deserves a little credit.

on 10/8/2005 4:13:00 PM

When this first came out, I was all over it. What a concept - a fragrance that smells truly as if you just came out of the shower. But I put off getting it because for that clean, fresh, out-of-the-shower smell, I'm happy with Light Blue. And now, thank goodness I never shelled out for this, because on me, it smells like I've just spent a week tumbling in a dryer with a terrible brand of fabric softener sheets. It's too sharp, not subtle at all. And as an MUAer mentioned below, it is reminiscent of Zest soap, which makes me sneeze and gives me a headache. At $80 a bottle, I can park myself in a detergent aisle for free. continued >>

Popular Fragrances