Clean Clean

2.6

on 2/27/2006 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I just got Clean EDP in a swap and I love it. While I don't think it is an extremely complex perfume, you don't have to have "complex" to smell good in perfumery. Some great perfumes don't have that many notes- others do. This smells fresh and fantastic to me. I definitely smell lemons and sweet musk but it just smells good. I love fresh and clean smelling perfumes and florals in general. I do think it's a bit similar to Fresh's Lemon Sugar, but I think I like this one a little more. Yummy. Here are the notes: "Litsea cubeba, orange, sweet lime, pink grapefruit, passion lily, rose geranium, and white musk."

on 2/19/2006 4:08:00 PM

I feel the same way about this fragrance as most of the other reviewers. I was expecting a lovely, just-stepped-out-of-the-shower-after-using-a-great-soap smell. Instead, this stuff smells like a household cleanser on me. I thought it was just my chemistry and that everyone else was loving it - then I read the reviews here! I think this stuff is named appropriately--"Clean" as in "Clean your house with it" because that's what it smells like. Awful and very expensive.

on 2/18/2006 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Clean smells like a diluted "Lemon Sugar"...nothing special.

on 1/27/2006 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I can't believe all the bad reviews for this perfume. I love this perfume. It smells like a clean citrusy scent on me. And the best thing is all I need is one spray and it lasts all day long. I have the EDP. So while it is pricey, it has lasted me a long time. I think if you go overboard and spray yourself like 3 or 5 times with it then I could see where it might be too much and start becoming offensive, but try applying less. I spray it on my neck once and it's with me all day.

on 12/1/2005 7:44:00 PM

I bought this with Sweet Layer hoping for good things. I was terribly wrong! For some reason neither of these work, individually or together. I hasn't grown on me after multiple tries and is "medicinal" in a strange way, not "fresh" at all! Try L'eau de Cartier (either). Now that's what I call FRESH! P.S. Both bottle are now used as very expensive air fresheners in my powder room!

on 11/7/2005 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

When i apply only a small amount of this fragrance, I really enjoy it and it lasts a long time.
If I apply too much, it becomes overpowering and I can't stand it.

So, I would say, use only small amounts at once and its nice.

on 10/29/2005 4:11:00 AM

Very disappointing and a waste of money! Smelled like gin & tonic spilled on a dryer sheet, only very faint.

on 10/28/2005 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow, I have never ever hated a scent so much before. It almost ruined my shopping day, as I spent a lot of time searching for something, anything to get that horrible smell off me. It really does have a very chemical smell to it. If my cleaning products smelled as bad as this, I probably wouldn't use them for cleaning even! Blah!

on 10/24/2005 10:52:00 AM

Very expensive smell of NOTHING!!Usually when I wear a new perfume, the first few times I can smell it on myself. With this, there was not even the slightest hint of a smell. I tried putting more on and still nothing. Even asked people if they could smell it. I was so pissed off about wasting over a hundred bucks (with the tax) that I complained to Holt Renfrew's customer service and they reluctantly let me exchange it.

on 10/9/2005 9:17:00 PM

I know most don't like this, but when I was pregnant with my daughter I picked this up at about 6 months and continued wearing it everyday through the rest of my term. I just cannot rave enough for the "clean" feeling it did give me. I mean at this point I was slacking on shaving and all the extra girly pampering (beyond showering) due to the size of my belly and my inability to see my feet. I mean I had always been fit, and well maintained hygeinically, and this was a semi depressing point in history for me as far as feeling beautiful, but I'd spray Clean, and my spirits lifted. A lot of other scents would make me physically ill especially anything vanilla based, but this was absolutely perfect. Nowadays I rarely revisit this bottle, as my chemistry has changed and it smells harsh, but at the time it was absolutely perfect. For what it is I probably should have put the money in my daughter's college fund, I mean Christ $80...right? but I bought it and I enjoyed it a whole lot. It deserves a little credit.

Popular Fragrances