January 29, 2015 | 1303 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Sparkle0117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these. I like to use them at night when the season changes since that's usually when my lips get dry. They provide good moisturization and my lips still feel soft in the morning. Prevents my lips from cracking, plus they taste yummy! When I apply at night, my lips are soft and supple and moist the next morning. Your lips MAY peel when you first use this IF you already have dead skin on your lips. If you exfoliate your lips (often), they shouldn't peel. These work as a wonderful after-exfoliation moisturizer.

So many products are made out to be worse than they really are in order to sell more expensive products... "Does Not Contain Petroleum" puts a negative label on petroleum by saying their product is better for not containing it. And since their product is better, they charge more when all along, there wasn't anything wrong with that ingredient to begin with. I think that is very wrong and misleading.

I wanted to address the "petroleum" contained in this as noted by another reviewer because she made Lip Smackers out to be harmful for containing Petroleum Jelly - which is made from Petroleum. Not only is Petroleum safe, it is used to treat burn victims and several skin emergencies. Petroleum jelly is an FDA approved over-the-counter skin protectant and is used widely in the cosmetics world - it's even used in paraffin dips and personal lubricants. You probably wouldn't want to eat a jar of it, but you also wouldn't want to eat a jar of mud. (And neither one would kill you if you did.) Just because something is used in something you shouldn't consume (ie, gasoline) does not mean it's unsafe. Petroleum has many uses. Sure, it's used in making gasoline. But so is oxygen.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by emmit643

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to collect these. From Grade One through grade eleven, I had a ridiculous amount of these. I first got them as a stocking stuffer for christmas, and the obsession sprang from there. I initially ended up with almost every scent/flavour until I passed them on to my sister and cousin.

This is the single greatest lip balm ever. Never ever stop making this product. Especially the Strawberry Banana and Bubble Gum.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lip smackers...brings back memories :] I adore these little chapsticks! They look good, feel good, smell good...and I`ve been told they taste pretty good ;] LOL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, I have such mixed feelings and memories about this "childhood" fave and a staple of the '70's and '80's. There are just soooooo many teen-age memories that I associate with it. I would buy almost every sticky-sweet flavor at our local Woollworths. That and Love's Baby Soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow - I haven't bought one of these since I was a kid. I am 49 now! I was in Walmart buying a thing or two and came across these. I remember reading good reviews of the Dr. Pepper one on MUA (thanks again, MUA'ers!) and for a buck, I decided to pick up 4 of them. I tried my first one today - Strawberry, and it moisturized unbelievably well - better than my $38 Dermalogica! What the heck?! Love the smell, so fun, love the sheen, love the feel and love the way my lips look full and moisturized! Fantastic bargain. Cannot believe I took so long to come to this, but this is thanks to MUA'ers!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ver209

I love lipsmackers. I've been using them for years. So many different flavors to choose from. Now my daughter uses them too. Great product. And they are cheap so you can buy lots of flavors. Awesome product for any age.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

i use those little ones every single day since i was a kid!!!love them, love them...LOVE THEM!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by XxAwesomeActressxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love these so much
ultra moisturising
great smells
cheap
colourful
a brand ou can trust.
you can use them as *lipsticks*, lip glosses(for the extra moisturising ones that add a sheen) or just a lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by win24

These are fantastic! I've been using these for years. They moisturize better than anything I've ever used. I carry one with me at all times. They are especially needed when I am riding on the back of a motorcycle. The wind does a real number on my lips! It's hard to choose a favorite flavor. Right now I am using soda ones in a tin that I got at Target. I will be buying these for years as long as they are still making them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite is Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker. It was my first "lipstick." It gives a pretty bit of color along with the great moisturizing. I still buy it whenever I see it at a checkout counter :)