Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

Horrible. After only One day of using this product, I broke out with 10 pimples near my mouth area. I used astrigent, and i've noticed so much dirt left behind. I am returning this.

Love this product that was recommended by pursebuzz! Its not drying and leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed. I have sensitive skin and I use this in the evening to wash off my makeup. I follow with Neutrogena healthy skin night moisturizer. I've been using for over a year now and my skin is smooth and always getting complements. People think I'm wearing makeup when I'm not.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have combination skin, oily around the T zone and dry/normal around the cheeks. I have finished my tube of this stuff last week and im onto a new one.

Some people might find this product drying- but if you put a small amount on ur face and then wash it off with warm water while gently scrubbing, it shouldn't feel too drying. This is an acne wash cleanser, so after you "wash" the acne, you should always follow up with some toner (if you feel it's still on your face), and an oil free, nonclogging, hypoallergenic moisturizer.

The key is using a small amount, ensuring you wash ur face with warm water thoroughly, and moisturizing. I found this helped clear my acne when used alongside Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque twice a week.

Hope the review helps!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This thick white cream did not work for me at all. Doesn't lather up, either. Maybe it's for people with dry skin? I'll stick with the gel version with my oily skin.

After using this for about a week, I just had to take it back! It was way too drying on my skin.. I tend to have more dry skin rather than oily, but this made it worse...I thought since it was cream it would be less harsh than the oil free liquid cleanser, but I guess I was wrong..As far as cleansing goes, it was okay. I still got pimples within the week I was using it, while I was combining it with the oil-free moisturizer so not much help there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm always on the lookout for a new (and better) cleanser. My skin is oily, but if I'm not careful, it turns into a flaky mess. That's why I tried Neutrogena's Oil- Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser. It claims to be an effective, yet gentle cleanser for acne- prone skin. I would definitely agree with that statement. I don't get really bad acne. It's actually very mild. But acne is acne and we all know that's it's annoying. This cleanser keeps most of my acne under control, but you really need to know how to use it. It's a "picky" cleanser. I just put a quarter sized amount in my palm, add water to make a very light lather and rub it all over my face. I always leave it on for a minute or two just to make sure that everything is deeply cleansed. It never leaves my skin dry and does a great job at washing off makeup. Give this a few weeks to work. You won't notice an immediate difference, but it's effectiveness comes with time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As of right now, my skin is the worst it's ever been in my life. I bought this out of desperation to try anything. At first, it didn't seem like it was doing anything. But after about a week or two of using it night & day, it cleared up my skin quite a bit. Last week I used another new product on my face that made me SO OILY and about 6 or 7 cystic acne & a bunch of whiteheads and bumps popped up overnight. Needless to say , that was the last time I used that stuff. I used this acne wash again and in a few days, that breakout totally went down. Lifesaver!

The only things are that it does dry out my skin after washing with it so I have to use a moisturizer. And I don't know if it has to do with this product or if my face is just being really messed up again, but I seem to get really really oily when I wake up after I use this the night before. Or I get really oily in a couple hours of using this in the day. At first it's really dry & matte, then in a few hours, it's an oil slick. I'm not complaining since this product does control my acne like nothing has before but if it's making me oily again right after banishing those pimples, isn't it starting the breakout cycle all over again? It also kind of sucks at getting my makeup off at the end of the day. It's either that or my foundation is just really stubborn.

I have been using this for about a month now, and I have to say, I like it quite a bit. I have used everything on my face (prescription and drugstore), and it's weird because my skin isn't -that- bad it's just that what is there, is extremely stubborn. So, I like this because it has a nice creamy lather, but it is not foamy at all. I hate foamy cleansers. It also removes make-up fairly well (though my foundation isn't particularly thick), but I have been considering getting a cleansing oil as a seperate make-up remover. I don't know that it's really done anything spectacular, but it has helped. It's only been a month and for five bucks, I think it's definitely worth a shot. My skin used to be really tough, but after all the retinoids it seems to get inflamed pretty easy, and I live in Minnesota where the winters get pretty harsh, and this still doesn't dry out my face.
EDIT: Damn't it IS drying. I have stopped using it and my face has returned to normal, but sad indeed because I had such high hopes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i was reccomended this by a friend who has sensitive skin like me and while this thing is supposed to be "non-irritating" it made mine red and dry. i only wanted this for the few pimples i had and for a while it worked and my pimples went away faster than before and didn't irritate overly-much. but in place of those pimples i had bumps develop all over my face: my forehead, cheeks, and chin. the irritation started to build up and led to dry patches on my face and as mentioned before, bumps. now the stuff doesn't work much for me and if anything, it makes my pimples now swell a bit.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this stuff is great! my skin used to be really oily and even after using this just once its soooo much better. i still get a tad bit oily during the day but not nearly as much as before... nothing a blotting sheet couldn't fix =) i've been using this for a few weeks now and i have to say that my skin is looking a lot better. haven't had any major breakouts since. i'm happy =)