April 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Knuckleheadred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I switch back anf forth between MP and another product to keep my color vibrant.
I use the hot pink color on the front portion of my hair bleached.

I hate bleach, but I have found that MP's bleach is a little more gentle than the regular bleaching products.....although they all totally leave your hair feeling like starw if you are not ultra careful.

I think i'm going to go back to my natural color of red, and use a darker color in the front however, I'm just too afraid of a horrible accident with the bleach. lol

I do like that MP is so readily available, and it has a pretty good color selection.
I hate the packaging, I buy the gel formula in the tub.
This might be partially my fault, and completely pertains to me and a small minority of users......but,my 5 year old is smart enough to find my hiding places and has no problem opening the tub up......causing her to have crazy color jobs on her hair. lol
It's only semi perm, but on a blonde it's not so forgiving on the fade!

All in all I will continue to buy this product, and recommend it to people who ask me about my hair....but, only due to the fact that it's so easy to find and apply.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by GlammaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Manic Panic!! I get to change my hair color without any damage. I do not bleach my hair before I apply MP. My hair is dark brown, but since I live in Florida, the sun gives me natural highlights. And since my hair is very porous, I get great color even without lightening it before hand. It's so easy to apply, no stink, no harsh chemicals, and it washes out in a week. I love changing my hair color and this is the best way to do it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Sherrytimes5

I cannot remember which one I used, but it was a dark pinkish purple color, and it was really pretty. It was dark and thick and didn't fade for a long time like most other products. That was without using bleach, too. It's very inexpensive at Sally Beauty Supply.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by AnnGirl27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I happen to love this product. The price is really annoying but Iíve found it for a decent price in Spencerís Gifts and Hot Topics. The package at Spencerís Gifts is $10 US and includes bleach. My main color has been Hot Hot Pink, it lasts really long in my hair starting as a dark vibrant pink and fading to a light pastel pink. However I have also used vampire red. It faded out of my girlfriends hair really fast (like 4 days) but It stuck in my hair for two weeks or so before fading to an orange. Ultraviolet purple faded out in a week staring blue-ish purple and ending grey. The midnight blue went green to fast on my friends head. I suggest putting a bit of purple manic panic into the blue to prevent that. Or putting the blue on top of pink or purple as highlights. That looks awesome. Dry your hair out with soap before apply it. The dryer your hair the more vibrant the results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the cotton candy pink color and it turned out exactly how i wanted but only that vibrant for a week... then the color slowly faded but would never actually leave me hair, so after a month of waiting i had to bleach the left-over pink out :-p i'll never use a pink/red dye again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by stitcheskisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was a teenager this was the only hair dye I would use!I wore After Midnight Blue for the longest,but have also tried Bad Boy Blue,Enchanted Forest,Pillarbox Red,Vampire Red and Ultra Violet.All were great,but the staying power could have been better.After about 4 weeks and washing your hair every other day the color fades out,but you get alot of product so touch ups are not that expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by reaches

Unless they've changed the formula since I last used this stuff a few years ago, it is terrible. And I know from unnatural hair color, having rotated between pink, blue, purple, bright red, etc. for the better part of three years in high school. Manic Panic didn't come out nearly as vibrant as I wanted and lasted through, at best, three washes before becoming extremely muted or disappearing entirely.

Try Special Effects instead. It's roughly the same price and lasts much longer. (About two weeks, which is really all you can expect from these sorts of dyes.)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Boogins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Manic Panic's HOT HOT PINK. absolutely stunning colour and is black light reactive which is fantastic, especially whilst attending shows! Wonderful colour, but it is a pitty it doesn't last longer. Vibrant for a couple of weeks and then begins to fade. It's also quite an event scrubbing it out of the bathtub. Regardless, I still love Manic Panic and I am constantly using their dyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have so many of their colors i thought id just kill many birds w/ one stone here. i love their colors exc for elec lizard green which didnt work even on my son who is a plat. blonde. might have been just the bottle i got from Spencers in the mall i dont know but i wont get it again. also the Raven doesnt stay black it turns purple fast in my hair,even when i have it bleached.
other then that i love the colors esp the reds and hot hot pink which tend to stay a long time in my hair bleached or not. the purples are nice and long lasting too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by devilsXmistress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used my fair share of hair dying products, and Manic Panic is not one of my favorites. I've used Shocking Blue and Enchanted Forest. Before I put them in I bleached my hair like there was no tomorrow and it was ridiculously damaged, but that's what's supposed to make the dye stay in. When I rinsed it out it was, to say the least, messy. The entire shower was a ridiculous colour and it was a hard task scrubbing it out. The colour lasted vibrantly for about 2 weeks, and then it started to fade and look dingy.
I say if you're looking for an unnatural hair colour, try Punky Colour or Special Effects. I just ordered a bottle of Fish Bowl Special Effects and if it's anything like the reviews and pictures I've seen I'll be very happy.