November 29, 2014 | 1669 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by brightside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used Pillarbox Red to enhance some red in my hair. Loved this. Perfect red.

Pic in profile

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by minaharkerdracula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used the Mani Panic Lightning vol. 40 and OMG no scalp damage at all. Very Gentle and highly recommended!!! Followed the bleach with Rock n' Roll Red and now with white bangs and red hair its fabulous and left my hair silky soft!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Kitschiegoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the Amplified Colour in 'After Midnight Blue' which I prefer to the gel as it's easier to apply.

AMB is a dark blue colour which on my bleached hair lasts 2-3 weeks before it needs redying. It fades to a lighter blue with turquoise tones.

Like most semi perms this bleeds a lot when washed and will stain surfaces.

I've also used Special Effects and find they are best for purple based blues and Manic Panic is best for green based blues. It's a personal preference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm reviewing Manic Panic hair colour as well as their gorgeous colour "Rock n' Roll Red." Hell yeah I'm happy with their products!!! I have thick Asian type hair which goes quite coppery even when it's been bleached professionally and Manic Panic hair colour has been the only semi-permanent dye to make my hair vibrant and even in colour. I used Fudge Paint Box for awhile and their red made my hair look pink! I was a long time fan of MP's "Vampire Red" but I discovered "Rock n' Roll Red" recently and I have been converted. It's a rich, vibrant red and it goes perfectly with my golden dark skin. Currently I have black hair with my fringe dyed red. I love it! The only complaint is with the packaging perhaps. If this hair dye came in a tube it might have been more convenient than a tub but it's only a small complaint. I still find that it lasts me a long time. I still think it's fantastic and until I find a better product out there, I'll be sticking to this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Limeburst

God this product sucks. It never showed up that vibrant -i used the pink- and it faded so much within a week! I switched to Special effects and im wayyy happier. Dont waist your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Knuckleheadred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I switch back anf forth between MP and another product to keep my color vibrant.
I use the hot pink color on the front portion of my hair bleached.

I hate bleach, but I have found that MP's bleach is a little more gentle than the regular bleaching products.....although they all totally leave your hair feeling like starw if you are not ultra careful.

I think i'm going to go back to my natural color of red, and use a darker color in the front however, I'm just too afraid of a horrible accident with the bleach. lol

I do like that MP is so readily available, and it has a pretty good color selection.
I hate the packaging, I buy the gel formula in the tub.
This might be partially my fault, and completely pertains to me and a small minority of users......but,my 5 year old is smart enough to find my hiding places and has no problem opening the tub up......causing her to have crazy color jobs on her hair. lol
It's only semi perm, but on a blonde it's not so forgiving on the fade!

All in all I will continue to buy this product, and recommend it to people who ask me about my hair....but, only due to the fact that it's so easy to find and apply.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by GlammaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Manic Panic!! I get to change my hair color without any damage. I do not bleach my hair before I apply MP. My hair is dark brown, but since I live in Florida, the sun gives me natural highlights. And since my hair is very porous, I get great color even without lightening it before hand. It's so easy to apply, no stink, no harsh chemicals, and it washes out in a week. I love changing my hair color and this is the best way to do it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Sherrytimes5

I cannot remember which one I used, but it was a dark pinkish purple color, and it was really pretty. It was dark and thick and didn't fade for a long time like most other products. That was without using bleach, too. It's very inexpensive at Sally Beauty Supply.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by AnnGirl27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I happen to love this product. The price is really annoying but Iíve found it for a decent price in Spencerís Gifts and Hot Topics. The package at Spencerís Gifts is $10 US and includes bleach. My main color has been Hot Hot Pink, it lasts really long in my hair starting as a dark vibrant pink and fading to a light pastel pink. However I have also used vampire red. It faded out of my girlfriends hair really fast (like 4 days) but It stuck in my hair for two weeks or so before fading to an orange. Ultraviolet purple faded out in a week staring blue-ish purple and ending grey. The midnight blue went green to fast on my friends head. I suggest putting a bit of purple manic panic into the blue to prevent that. Or putting the blue on top of pink or purple as highlights. That looks awesome. Dry your hair out with soap before apply it. The dryer your hair the more vibrant the results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the cotton candy pink color and it turned out exactly how i wanted but only that vibrant for a week... then the color slowly faded but would never actually leave me hair, so after a month of waiting i had to bleach the left-over pink out :-p i'll never use a pink/red dye again!