MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

on 11/18/2010 2:01:00 PM

$29 for one brush (17 cm).
My favorite blending brush from Mac. It is very soft (so if you used eye products that require work blending work, I'd suggest the Mac 217 instead). I use to when I do neutral eye looks and want a soft, natural look.

on 11/18/2010 9:20:00 AM

Great brush for blending shadows in the crease area (smoke effect) and a light dusting of color on the entire lid. I also like this brush for blending creams (concealer/foundation/cream shadows) I would def repurchase.

on 11/18/2010 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pretty satisfied with this brush. Nothing dazzling about it, it doesn't pull out some fancy coffee-brewing device, but it gets the job done well. What job is that, one might ask. What I mainly use it for is applying concealer on my under-eye area or wherever else is needed. As it's not a dense blending brush, it helps distribute the color more lightly and evenly, and diffuse it to almost nothing when fading it out. Also works good for covering any small blemish constellations, which I never thought it would. I always used to cover them up with my 195 concealer brush which is sturdy and precise (I'll still use it for big time break-outs), but for minor skin activity this one is lovely. On occasion I'll also use it for what it's meant to do, which is blending, but I'll only grab this one if my 217 is otherwise engaged (aka dirty or sth), or if I just need a bit more sharpness in my blending while maintaining a soft look. The only downside to it is it sheds quite a bit which is very annoying. Would repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this was one of the first MAC brushes i have owned, i thought it was good but i wouldn't buy it again.. it is NOT good for heavy blending or doing anything that creates a big difference.. but it does "carry color well to make eyes even and i use it occasionally when i do a natural look (which is almost never lol) do put just a light amnount of highlighter on.

on 11/8/2010 3:31:00 AM

I'm loving this brush lately! It's essential for getting the perfect gradient for a smokey eye! At first this brush lay rather neglected in my collection, but I've been using it a lot lately.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This brush is amazing for blending out undereye concealer, and concealer in general anywhere you need coverage. I initially purchased this brush for blending out my eyeshadow, however I really don't like the 224 for that purpose- I find that it almost removes my eyeshadow when I blend them out with this brush, so I found another brush for that purpose. For the longest time, this was just sitting my my brush roll, and I suddenly relaized that this can be used for concealer blending. I tried this for applying my undereye concealer, and was amazed at how quick this blended everything! I usually used my finger, but I didn't like how it I tugged my skin somtimes so I wanted a softer alternative & the 224 does the trick :)

*UPDATE*

I finally figured how to create a really subtle smoky eye with brush. I simply add an eyeshadow to my lid, and when I apply my crease color with this brush I use soft 'windshield' wiping motions to create a very quick, smoky look, focusing on the Outer V- creating the perfect smoked out look. I'm glad I took a chance and tried this out again for eyeshadow. Before I used this to belnd out my exisiting eyeshadow I had applied with my other crease brush, and when I used this to 'blend' it just removed the eyeshadow I had already applied. This is a truly amazing brush.

on 10/16/2010 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is what makes the difference in an eye look. I have tried the 217 and that made the blending line too thick, this sort of creates a gradient effect of blending when I use it in the crease. I really like the strong craftmenship of the MAC brushes, and how I feel like im using a pro's tool. It really makes the difference. To keep the hairs from splaying try a brush guard

on 10/11/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this brush!!!
By far the best blending brush from MAC, it creates any look for you.
Everyone needs this brush if you use more than 2 eyeshadow colors.
The only downside is the fact that it's not as soft as other mac bristles, but hey! It's still the best!

on 10/8/2010 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this brush! Its my favorite brush in my collection! And definetly my favorite blending brush. It does an excellent job at blending. Very soft. Very precise. Very good quality. Will last you a long time. :)

on 10/1/2010 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This brush is too large and "loose", IMO, to do an adequate job at blending. I much prefer the MAC 217 and 222 brushes. It makes a good liquid concealer application/blending brush, though.

Popular Makeup Brushes