MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

3.8

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this eyeshadow. It is a beautiful, shimmery, neutral honey shade. The name describes this well. It applies easily and blends nicely. It is a standout shade in the MAC permanent eyeshadow collection and I have recommended it to many people. Oh and one more thing, in order to minimize fallout from shimmery eyeshadows - try patting on the shadow with your brush as opposed to sweeping the eyeshadow on the lid.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Honey Lust is a beautiful color. Subtle but shimmering, neutral look.
I like to pair it with Mac's Retro-Speck. And, I find that there's a better color pay-off when I use Mac's Rubenesque paint pot as a base for Honey Lust. Pretty!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This very golden-y neutral shade is a super shimmery eyeshadow that looks prettier in the container than on yours, to be honest.

The color is a nice golden-y color and looks nice on my dark brown eyes, but there's something about the tone I don't like.

As for the shimmer, it's gorgeous but beware: It CAN do some fall out and land underneath your eyes and cheeks. I do like to wear it under the Vanilla pigment, when I actually wear it on my lids instead of a highlight. But apart from that, I wouldn't buy this again just because the tones is really weird and I don't see myself using it so much.

on 1/6/2009 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is pretty tannish brown VERY shimmery eyeshadow. I like it for shimmery neutral looks, but I do not like how it has a lot of fall out. Other than that, it is a really nice shadow.

on 12/7/2008 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Of all the MAC eyeshadows I own, this is probably the worst one. Yeah, the color is very attractive and eye-catching in the pan, but on the lids, the color doesn't show up much. The huge problem with this shadow, though, is the fallout. Beware of lustre shadows, ladies. These will end up all over your face by the end of the day, instead of on your eyelids.
I do find that if you apply this on top of another shadow (I usually use this over my Jest) with water (to avoid fallout) it will stay on for most of the day without creasing. Overall, this is one of the more disappointing MAC shadows.

on 11/27/2008 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this color but there's a lot of fall out.

on 11/20/2008 6:44:00 PM

Total winner! Was looking for some glimmer shadows for work. This was one of 3 I bought and by far my favorite. shows up very well on my lids, and highlights my brown eyes, bringing out the green. I find that it's a very balanced rosey gold color without too much pink in it which can make my eyes look red when using other gold shadows. I did have to reapply midday as most of it had worn off. Still, a gorgeous look for work with a little dark gray liner and black mascara.

on 11/10/2008 5:40:00 PM

I love this color! I find that it is darker in the package then it looks on my eye. I have red hair, hazel eyes, and a fair complexion so I find it works very well for me. Whereas Woodwinked is overwhelmingly dark, this is just right. It has just the right amount of shimmer in it. I find that if I pair it with a gold tinged base, it really looks great!

on 10/19/2008 1:38:00 AM

I love this color because it is not too much glitter or gold. It has the perfect amount. I wear it to work or when I go out with some black eyeliner. Very pretty!

on 10/11/2008 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I had over looked honey lust for ages, it just didn't look like something i needed. (I have about 30 gold eyeshadows) I finally bought honey lust as a gift and after seeing it on, i had to have it. Now, I wear honey lust everyday, i use it all over. It gives a perfect glow on top of bronzer, as a highlight, a shadow..you name it. I recommend Honey lust to all my clients as a fantastic purchase for those with any experience level. Its an easy color to wear and it goes with most any look.

Top Rated MAC Products