August 27, 2014 | 1090 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2006 9:15:00 PM More reviews by BWell

This is such great e/s !!! Even though this a lustre it deserves a 5. I use it with a matte pink like Rio de Rosa and a highlighter. It looks really cute and girlie...good for sunny days. I've already bought my 2nd one.Update: I hate it now that I got say yeah...I has the same effect but it's not a lustre.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 1:38:00 AM More reviews by missWonka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great color. I have the palest skin ever, so not many colors work on me without making me look creepy. But this color works perfectly. It is just the right shade of pink and has just enough glitter to accent. Good stuff!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2006 3:33:00 AM More reviews by leslie_b

Beautiful color but this is one of the worst lustres in terms of texture! Go for UD's X instead, same color, MUCH better texture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 2:27:00 AM More reviews by socalsuperstar

This is a shadow I was truly dissapointed in. My eyes are bluish green and looking at the color in the pan I thought it would make my eyes pop. In the pan the color is a vibrant metallic peach. On my eyes I had to layer a lot of Gleam on my lids to make it show up at all (Even with paints or UD primer potion underneath). What little does go on my lids flakes right off. Since I hit pan in record time (3 months) due to the bad texture I complained to my favorite MAC artist who gave me two really good suggestions for a substitute. The first is melon pigment which I like but don't care to lug around in my bag and expensive pink which has a beautiful texture and looks great but is not an exact color match.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by LyssyLew

A really gorgeous colour, but impossible to apply. The colour just does not show up, and the glitter doesn't stay on the skin. Not MAC's best colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Beachlover3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this color. I have another lustre and have no problem applying it or working with it. I apply it with my finger tip over a concealer base and I get the true color and no mess. These should not be brushed on like other shadows because of the sparkle. However, if you like sparkle this meets the bill. I have not tried it a lot of other colors yet but it works with browns and lilacs so far. I wore it with trax and it was nice. You can get a real coppery look if you use a brown that brings out that hue. For me this e/s brightens up my eyes and really looks pretty. I love sparkle and this is what you get.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 9:12:00 PM More reviews by MACAddiction

In general, I do not like MAC Lustres. They are generally very flecky and you end up with the product all over the place.

I am a NC45, and this color looks great. This is the only reason I gave it a 4. However, the ONLY way I can get Lustres to work is to apply them with my fingers. For this reason, I probably would not buy it again, and wait for a similar color in Veluxe Pearl to come out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by clover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really pretty in the pan, a pale pinkish gold with shimmer. On my lids it barely showed up as a frosty mess. No pink, no gold, just frost. It sucks too because I *wanted* to live up to my expectations so much. But it was just gritty and hard to work with. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2006 11:46:00 PM More reviews by dizzy4tex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This eyeshadow is lame. It is messy and makes me look like 70's malibu barbie (which I understand is what some people might be going for, but not me). It flaked allover my cheeks which was annoying. It looked like such a find when I saw it at the counter. Pretty, pinky, & peachy. However, much to my woe-ment, it is sitting idle in my makeup box. Maybe next time I feel like wearing nude panty hose open-toed sandals and a summer jumpsuit I'll reach for this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by kalroo

I just bought this shadow and love it. It is very versatile, perfect for day or night. Love it.