Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 8/12/2010 1:21:00 AM

I'm rating this just from an *under eye concealer*, because some people have attempted to cover blemishes with this and that's not something one should assume you can do with it.

THE GOOD: great consistency, covers just *the right* amount for the under eye area only, I like that it dries to a powder finish because this hinders any traveling and creasing that other creamy products do, the packaging is sleek, has an SPF.

THE BAD: The twist style application method is a pain to get the hang off because it seems the rate of pressure applied upwards is never consistent. You can't just click it once, yet clicking it two of three times sometimes delivers a burst of wasted product. Also, don't even bother trying to place it on properly with the felt tip, just use your finger. There was also a certain chalkiness to the coloring that, while it went on smooth and stayed, didn't look perfect with my coloration. Lastly, there just isn't ENOUGH product in the tube. You can run out incredibly fast..they really skimped on this one.

All in all, if you have under eye issues, it's worth a shot. Since I've gotten used to making mistakes with the applicator, I may get this again in a slightly darker shade if I can't find anything else within reason.

on 8/9/2010 10:07:00 PM

I got this product on sale for $4 and I'm really glad I never
paid full price for it. it's doesn't cover anything and the packaging sucks. u either get much or to little. will not purchace

on 8/5/2010 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this in light. Much better coverage than many more expensive brands, easy to blend, not drying, does not settle in any fine lines. I use Benefit Oh la la lift with this concealer over. It adds staying power to this creamy product. Eye cream makes it slide off.
The only downside is the click pen. This style of applicator, no matter what brand, is either no product or way too much.

on 8/1/2010 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I agree with others that the click pen applicator is a pain in the ass. Although it is expensive for a drug store product, it is the best under eye concealer I've tried. It is rich and stays put all day. It covers about 98% of the weird blueness I have around my eyes. I'm not sure I'll buy again, just because it is really expensive. But if I can't find a cheaper, comparable concealer, I'll be running back to this.

on 7/28/2010 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I tried this concealer in 2 colors; first I got the medium/dark but that was too dark so I went back and got the medium. I do not mind the application pen and I think the coverage is good. I also thought that it lasted a long time. My only problem is that this turns gray on me. So, by mid-morning it looks like I have gray foundation all around my eyes. I wonder if this is what people mean when they say that a product oxidizes. Anyway, gray under my eyes is the opposite of what I am going for so I will not be repurchasing this.

This is the worst concealer packaging in the history of concealer packaging. It is a massive pain in the butt to use because when you first click the pen, nothing comes out. You might click it a little more. Still nothing. A few more clicks, and before you know it, half the tube has oozed out and been wasted. The concealer itself is OK, decent coverage and brightens the undereye area, but the hassle of the packaging is just not worth it. Plus, at nearly $10 for .04 (yes POINT ZERO FOUR) ounces, this concealer comes out to $250 PER OUNCE. Holy crap. You'd be better off buying MUFE Lift concealer--nice hygienic squeezy tube and excellent product--and a freakin' bargain at $60 per ounce compared to this Revlon ripoff crap. Screw you and your crappy click pen, Revlon.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this at Rite-Aid, there they were having 75% off certain Revlon products and the Deep shade had a sticker on it for the clearance sale, i picked it up paid $2.00 for it, normally it is around $10. It works well on my skin, it is definately lighter than i expected but blends so well i was expecting a gray or ashy look but it didn't happen. I pair this along with my Revlon Color Stay foundation in cappucino shade and my dark circles are gone. Love it I am Nw45 for reference

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

PRO:
1) awesome coverage for redness around the nose
2) super blendable (at times)
3) good coverage for the dark circles

CON:
1) not lasting (my acne scarring shows up after 3-4 hours)
2) quickly dries up (meaning, if you don't blend it in right away, i found it to be drying, making it hard to blend)
3) creases on the undereyes

overall:
I bought it because of the hype of the CoverStay foundations, hoping it would be long staying with good coverage. However, it didn't exactly meet my expectations. It wasn't the WORST, but it definitely wasn't the best. I probably wouldn't repurchase it because it's overly priced for its worth.

on 6/13/2010 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First of all, I have to rant about the packaging: the click-pen is difficult to control and just plain annoying in the morning when you're rushing to get ready for work and you don't have five minutes to play with your stupid concealer. Either nothing comes out or half the tube comes out and you'll never get it back in. I am sure some Revlon rep would tell me just to have patience or to master the number of clicks - two clicks and wait, three clicks and wait. Here's an idea, Revlon - package your product better! I'd prefer any other packaging, honestly - doe's foot applicator in a tube, a squeeze tube, a stick, a pot, anything to this. Once you get the stuff out, the colors are nicely neutral, however; it doesn't really cover much. I still had dark circles, and a zit I was trying to cover. Although Cle de Peau is obscenely expensive to the point of being criminal in its pricing, its concealer is far superior to this.

on 6/7/2010 1:38:00 AM

I bought this during my midterms this winter, when my lack of sleep brings out my undereye circles. I didn't have time for a trip to sephora or MAC (which are both an hour and a half away), so I hit up walmart looking for the best solution.

What a mistake.

The color is so sheer, it doesn't do anything to mask my undereye circles. It feels more like a primer than a concealer. It just looked greasy after I applied this.. deffinetly NOT buying it again.