Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I liked this concealer, I was advised by the Revlon make up artist at the counter to use it, however I bought it in the middle of winter and my skin tone was very fair. The light shade was too dark and I had to use liquid foundation as well instead of my usual mineral powder. While I was using it I thought it concealed very well, however when I tried out MAC I realised it didn't conceal well at all, the thing that concealed so well was the foundation I was wearing that went over the concealer. It run out so fast, only lasting 3 weeks to a month. I read on the reviews here that people were buying it so cheap, I live in New Zealand and the cheapest you can get it here is $30NZ. I went to Australia for a holiday however and bought it for $15AUS. It went on nicely but required alot of effort to get it perfect, as it sometimes caked or didn't go on evenly. I applied sunscreen underneath it as a primer because it was thicker and spf 15 is just not enough in NZ! Overall a good product in terms of coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have a really great concealer at home but i wanted one to throw in my on-the-go makeup bag. I picked this one up at CVS for around $3.00 on sale. I really like this one considering its drugstore!!! Great coverage and it matched my skintone really well!!

This was the first concealer I had ever used,and it wasn't that bad. It covered my dark circles better than any other concealer has. I don't use it now because I have moved on to better products. The problem with this product is it takes awhile to get the some of the concealer out of the brush. The worst thing is it is such a small tube and doesn't last long.

I'd definitely buy this again IF I was to buy it in the U.S, that's where I first bought it and I believe I paid less than 8 bucks for it. I went through 3 packs because it was the first concealer that didn't crease under my eyes.
However, it costs like 25 bucks here in Switzerland! It's a good concealer, I like the packaging but the coverage it's not 25 bucks worth.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I bought this concealer on a whim as I have gnarley under eye circles that are accentuated by my fair skin. I had recently purchased "Time Balm" concealer from another line and it cost me $18.00 and at some point the concealer became way too orange for my skin. The Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer cost me like 7 or 8 bucks at WalMart. The coverage is great. You only need a bit to cover and it blends well into the skin. I agree with another user that it does set to a powery finish which is great for me as all liquid like products tend to cake on me even with a whole skin prep routine involved.

My friends instantly noticed my lack of a "tired" appearance and said my eyes were brighter.

I will deffinately buy this again.
my one complaint would be the amount you get in it. Although you dont need a lot.. its still not a lot of product for 7 or 8 dollars a pop.

The Bonus? SPF 15!!!!
I just love it when my cosmetics have SPF..less for me to put on!

I'm rating this just from an *under eye concealer*, because some people have attempted to cover blemishes with this and that's not something one should assume you can do with it.

THE GOOD: great consistency, covers just *the right* amount for the under eye area only, I like that it dries to a powder finish because this hinders any traveling and creasing that other creamy products do, the packaging is sleek, has an SPF.

THE BAD: The twist style application method is a pain to get the hang off because it seems the rate of pressure applied upwards is never consistent. You can't just click it once, yet clicking it two of three times sometimes delivers a burst of wasted product. Also, don't even bother trying to place it on properly with the felt tip, just use your finger. There was also a certain chalkiness to the coloring that, while it went on smooth and stayed, didn't look perfect with my coloration. Lastly, there just isn't ENOUGH product in the tube. You can run out incredibly fast..they really skimped on this one.

All in all, if you have under eye issues, it's worth a shot. Since I've gotten used to making mistakes with the applicator, I may get this again in a slightly darker shade if I can't find anything else within reason.

I got this product on sale for $4 and I'm really glad I never
paid full price for it. it's doesn't cover anything and the packaging sucks. u either get much or to little. will not purchace

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this in light. Much better coverage than many more expensive brands, easy to blend, not drying, does not settle in any fine lines. I use Benefit Oh la la lift with this concealer over. It adds staying power to this creamy product. Eye cream makes it slide off.
The only downside is the click pen. This style of applicator, no matter what brand, is either no product or way too much.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I agree with others that the click pen applicator is a pain in the ass. Although it is expensive for a drug store product, it is the best under eye concealer I've tried. It is rich and stays put all day. It covers about 98% of the weird blueness I have around my eyes. I'm not sure I'll buy again, just because it is really expensive. But if I can't find a cheaper, comparable concealer, I'll be running back to this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I tried this concealer in 2 colors; first I got the medium/dark but that was too dark so I went back and got the medium. I do not mind the application pen and I think the coverage is good. I also thought that it lasted a long time. My only problem is that this turns gray on me. So, by mid-morning it looks like I have gray foundation all around my eyes. I wonder if this is what people mean when they say that a product oxidizes. Anyway, gray under my eyes is the opposite of what I am going for so I will not be repurchasing this.