April 19, 2014 | 1811 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

This blush is beautiful, I'm amazed that it didn't occur to me to get it sooner. It is a slightly warm toned bronzed rose with golden shimmer and it is perfect for summer nights. Also, it is one of the few NARS blushes that I can apply with a normal blush brush without it looking "too much". Unlike other blushes with bronze tones (like Chanel's Rose Bronze JC), it didn't pull orange on me at all. Lovejoy would look gorgeous on anyone with warm toned skin, but I think it would also work on cooler ladies, as the warm tones wouldn't be overwhelming. Will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my HG blush! if i can only have one blush forever, this would be it. this is the blush that i can put on everyday with any m/u looks,from dramatic to natural. it makes my cheeks glowy & naturally flushed. never disappointed with this. it's a staple in my m/u collection.
i apply this with my MAC 168. this is the blush i reach the most of all the blushes i own.
this is like blush+bronzer in one= blonzer.

Pros: gorgeous & natural looking color,very pigmented, lasting power is good on the cheeks,great texture,nice shimmer,very blendable & it doesn't break out my sensitive & dry skin (eczema)..

Cons: i don't know if there's any..

Color: warm rose-bronze with shimmer..

Packaging: i really like NARS black compact,it even has a mirror.. very sturdy & slim.. easy to bring for travelling or just to bring for touch-up inside the purse..

Price: for $25 USD, i personally think it's reasonable for the quality.

Repurchase: yep, in a heartbeat! ♥

for reference: i'm NC35-37,dark brown eyes & hair. sensitive & dry skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by nicowafers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful neutral rose shade that looks great on my fair skin. It wears well throughout the day. I do agree with others that the packaging tends to get smudgey and dirty looking, which is unfortunate, because other than that, I like the packaging. I got this in a duo with albatross, which is a yellowish white highlighter. It is way too shiny for my taste to use on my cheeks, but I use it as an eyeshadow highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by fade2blue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have to say, I love this blush. When I first saw this in the tester at sephora I was a little wary of this. Mostly because it was covered in fingerprints and there were chunks of glitter everywhere. When the MA applied this to my hand all I could see was glitter and a little bit of color. I don't know why I decided to buy it but I did. The first time I wore it out I caught my reflection in a mirror. O M G! It looked so beautiful. It really made my cheeks looked flushed and glowy without looking ridiculous. I could wear this blush with anything. It's a staple for me. I would buy this again and again, even if I could find a dupe. I don't know why but I just love the look and feel of NARS packaging....makes me seem important.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I kept putting off getting this blush since I already owned MAC X-rocks which is a supposed "dupe". However, now that I finally caved and have NARS lovejoy, I find that this is not anything like x-rocks imo. I personally prefer this to MAC x-rocks, which I found to be rather sheer. As with almost all NARS products, lovejoy is top notch quality..soft, easy to blend, and highly pigmented. Color wise, I found MAC x-rocks to be more brown with rose. NARS lovejoy however seems more bronzed rose, which looks lovely on my ruddy cheeks and MAC NC30-35 skin tone. In the pan lovejoy looks to have tons of shimmer, however, once applied, it all sort of buffs out and no shimmer is to be seen. NOTE** Be careful not to over apply as this is very pigmented and too much will make you look got wind-burned! :X

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by nightnurse1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Just a quick review, iam an N50 mac foudation shade and i loves this blush. You have to be careful with blush when you have dark skin tones cuz you can end up looking like a clown, but this blush is soooo beautiful and it makes me look like iam blushing rather than someone slapped me upside my head lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just added this blush to my NARS collection and it is an absolutely must have for bronze or Tan skin types with yellow undertones. I rate this blush right up there with Taj Mahal and Taos for darker skin divas. This brings my NC44/45 skin tone to life and adds radiance and warmth. It is a perfect combination of bronze and rose color which is not too much. Believe me you will get compliments!!

My list of NARS blushes that darker/taned skin divas must own:

Taj Mahal (the HG of all HGs)
Taos
Love Joy
Torid
Dolce Vita
Exhibit A

Shu Uemura Glow on Blush in P Orange 53 is also excellent.

Don't forget your bronzer in YSL Poudre de Soleil (sun powder) in Number 2 or 3.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by kperez733

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I did not like it and was going to return it, but then I contour my cheeks with it instead of just applying on the apples and bam! I fell in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is one of my favorite blushes. it gives me a warm, bronzy, rosey glow. i've had it 2 years and it still looks like brand new! awesome quality too..very pigmented and really lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this blush. It is a perfect, subtle shade for my cheeks and is oh so flattering. I'm NC44 and often have trouble finding a natural-looking cheek colour. Lovejoy is a lovely warm colour that would suit many skin tones, IMO. Like all NARS blushes, the colour is easily buildable - which I LOVE. Feels like it's worth the money - as you just need to gently 'tap' your blush brush onto Lovejoy and sweep it onto your cheeks for a perfect natural effect. In the past, with other blushes I've had to use much more product for the same result.