December 22, 2014 | 875 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This is one of my fav Mac shadows. I really like wearing it alone on the lid with a highlight and that's it. Sometimes I'll add magnetic fields in the crease and purple liner or mystery in the crease with a brown liner. It really is a nice shimmery brown with plum undertones. It is alot like Satin taupe except ST is more ash-grey this is more bronzey gold with some pink undertones. This is one of those go to colors when you really don't want to think about pairing shades. Super creamy texture. Will def purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My eyes are hazel with significantly more green than brown but you usually can't tell. This shadow really helps pull the green out more. It is very much like a warmer version of Satin Taupe. I'm NW20 but I could see this being flattering on a wide variety of skin tones. It doesn't pull too plummy or too red on me and I don't get the "tired look" that some people claim.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pam85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG eye shadow definitely! I actually bought this around 7 years ago, as I loved the color but wasn't much of an eye shadow wearer then, so only started wearing it recently. It's a beautiful, champagne, pink, brown color on my skin, which looks equally as good as a daytime eyeshadow, as it does at a night time shadow.

It has just the right amount of color in it. It makes my dark complexion "pop" and really draws attention to my eyes in a natural way. I think it would look equally as good on fair complexions too. All you need is my liquid liner at the top and lots of mascara and you'll look like a star!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by olivedgreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The color is actually not as red as it looks in the pot or in the photos of it in the pan. Sable is a rich, warm dark brown. It applies and blends effortlessly and is overall a very beautiful color!~

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by swinfrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

*picture included* I only bought this shadow as a suggestion from a MAC associate but after using it for the first time today I had to come & write a review. I LOVE it! The color in the pan doesn't do it justice. It's a brownish/pink (think Mulch meets Expensive pink) color and goes the texture is amazing. I'm wearing it as a lid color with Tempting in the crease and Retro Speck as a highlight. This color would go great with browns, plums & neutral colors for an everyday look. I have a feeling I'm going to go through this shadow pretty quick.

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Cheetokisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture the color everything about this eyeshadow it looks gorgeous on its own or on the crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I absolutely adore this eyeshadow and its one of my top 5 MAC eyeshadows! Its a great all over lid colour paired with a brown (I usually wear it with Handwritten) to make my blue eyes pop! I get so many compliments and people asking me what I'm wearing on my eyes. If I want to smoke it out for a night time look I just add carbon to the outter v and lower lash line. Its pigmented, long wearing and I have little to no fallout when applying it. I will always and forever have this eyeshadow in my makeup collection. Go out and buy this now! You will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My search for the perfect brown shadow is over! Sable is a georgeous plummy brown shadow with a hint of copper, is highly pigmented and applies like a dream. Very silky texture and minimal fallout. Looks great with a wide range of colors; I love it with NYX Flamingo - a pretty rose with gold, MAC Naked Lunch as a highlighter and UD 1999 24/7 pencil liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ambercole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very beautiful eyeshadow on alot of people and I wanted it to work for me. Unfortunately it just made me look tired and like I had been crying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by davyjonessays

Definitely my go-to lid colour. Blendable, wearable, and very beautiful!