April 17, 2014 | 1491 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by olivedgreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The color is actually not as red as it looks in the pot or in the photos of it in the pan. Sable is a rich, warm dark brown. It applies and blends effortlessly and is overall a very beautiful color!~

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by swinfrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

*picture included* I only bought this shadow as a suggestion from a MAC associate but after using it for the first time today I had to come & write a review. I LOVE it! The color in the pan doesn't do it justice. It's a brownish/pink (think Mulch meets Expensive pink) color and goes the texture is amazing. I'm wearing it as a lid color with Tempting in the crease and Retro Speck as a highlight. This color would go great with browns, plums & neutral colors for an everyday look. I have a feeling I'm going to go through this shadow pretty quick.

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Cheetokisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture the color everything about this eyeshadow it looks gorgeous on its own or on the crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I absolutely adore this eyeshadow and its one of my top 5 MAC eyeshadows! Its a great all over lid colour paired with a brown (I usually wear it with Handwritten) to make my blue eyes pop! I get so many compliments and people asking me what I'm wearing on my eyes. If I want to smoke it out for a night time look I just add carbon to the outter v and lower lash line. Its pigmented, long wearing and I have little to no fallout when applying it. I will always and forever have this eyeshadow in my makeup collection. Go out and buy this now! You will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My search for the perfect brown shadow is over! Sable is a georgeous plummy brown shadow with a hint of copper, is highly pigmented and applies like a dream. Very silky texture and minimal fallout. Looks great with a wide range of colors; I love it with NYX Flamingo - a pretty rose with gold, MAC Naked Lunch as a highlighter and UD 1999 24/7 pencil liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ambercole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very beautiful eyeshadow on alot of people and I wanted it to work for me. Unfortunately it just made me look tired and like I had been crying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by davyjonessays

Definitely my go-to lid colour. Blendable, wearable, and very beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the 4 pallette eyeshadows on holidays in August! Only (very) recently, I realised the brown one I loved was Sable...not Tempting!! Woops! I love it! The texture is amazing and it is so pigmented. I love wearing it with a light colour like Retrospeck on the lid and Sable in the crease. I have read it is amazing on it's own on the lid. I need to try this! I haven't been brave enough just yet!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by OliveGreenSpring

Sable is one of those e/s i have that I go to a lot. I wear it with purples like sketch, but it also looks good with brighter colors like amber lights. It even looks good by itself. This product is well worth the money you spend because it's highly pigmented and a little goes a long way! I have hazel//green eyes but this looks pretty on blue-eyed girls too :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Whoa! A little goes a long way, talk about maximum pigment, but oh so lovely! As previous posters had noted, it is a frosty medium brown, with a touch of copper, and a hint of purple and red that has great lasting power. Looks lovely with brown or deep bronze eyeliner. It's incredibly flattering on my brown eyes and I can also see it pairing well for green-eyed ladies.