April 20, 2014 | 1027 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Sky High Curves Extreme Length and Curl [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by rapkat0021

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh God, this was terrible.
    I got this in black and it was...... blue. Well, not blue, but dark blue. XP bleh bleck bleck

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by galactickim

I love this product. My eyelashes do not hold curls well at all. I went through mascara after mascara trying to find one that would hold my lashes in place after I curled them. Sky High Curves is the only one I've found that does the trick!

As with other non-waterproof mascaras that I've tried over the years, I also found that this one would wear off during the day. However, I hate wearing and taking off waterproof mascara. My new trick is to put on a coat of non-waterproof Sky High, followed by a light coat of waterproof Sky High. This makes my mascara last all day, and it is still easy to take off - probably because the waterproof layer is "stuck" to the non-waterproof layer, and not to my actual lashes.

Overall great product that I won't ever stop using unless it changes or is discontinued!

I should point out that, like other reviewers have mentioned, the product can tend to dry out and clump. However, I just add a drop of water to and it solves that problem, and still holds my curls in place!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I always use this product because it I love the curling it gives my lashes and I can layer without clumping. I have not changed mascaras in a long time though, so I don't have much to compare it to. If you want something for curl, this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by moccah

I bought my second tube of sky high cuves today.
    compared to other mascaras this is a kind of 'cheap' mascara
    it costs (normal price) almost 10 euro, other d/s mascaras come near to the 15 euro....

but i love it! this is the first time i repurchase a mascara
    this gives real long and thick lashes
    not to dramatic but it comes close to looking fake (lenght wise)
    love love love it
    doesnt clump when you put on a layer of 2 or 3 and does the trick

would recommend it to anyone

I have a pictur with this mascara on in my profile....
    its the close-up picture ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by sifueratica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good lengthening formula, personally I didn't have much clumping problems until the tube was almost empty. Come to think of it, that seemed to happen pretty fast, possibly due to drying or the small amount of product in that skinny little tube. Brush was fine to work with, no eye irritation. Would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by beautyrush13

The wand got very clumped after a few weeks. Because of that my lashes got clumped. It dried out quickly too. It did give my lashes some length to them, though. But the fact that it dries out so quickly just ruined it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2007 3:30:00 PM More reviews by amenonine

This was the second mascara I've tried from the Maybelline line. I bought the waterproof version because I have oily-lids and I was hoping this would stay for at least a 4-6 hours. It started leaving nice smudge marks on my lower lid though :(

I have short asian eyelashes and holy cow! this really gave me LOTS of volume, and I loved it for it. But it was REALLY hard to remove even though I had an oil base eye-make up remover. It also tended to clump and flake a bit afterwards too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by feijoagirl

This helped to curl my sparse and short asian lashes quite well. The only problem I have is with the waterproof version... its quite difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

this is one of the few mascaras i bought twice. the first in washable and the second time in waterproof. the results were pretty much the same and it gave me nice length and curl. however, it had no volume and even though it was a good mascara, i will not return to this anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by kookoo4mike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this mascara. It holds my curled lashes well, it does uncurl them ever so slighty but not all of it, as most mascaras do. I don't know about 'extreme length' as it claims but it does lengthen quite a bit and the volume is okay(I prefer a little more drama though). It goes on smoothly with absolutely no clumps. Stays on all day with no smudging even after an intense kickboxing workout! An excellent drugstore mascara.
    EDIT: After about 2 weeks this mascara is starting to smudge...Darn!