LUSH Sex Bomb

3.9

Blech! If you loved the overwhelmingly powdery smell of Bathos, then maybe you'll love this. I let my boyfriend use this with me and had to pour some other bubble bath in the tub to cover the awful, powdery smell - to no avail. The pink color it turns the bath is cute, the gooey rose thing that comes floating out is not. Now that awful powdery scent won't get out of my bathroom. Not 'sexy' at all.

on 1/26/2007 10:51:00 PM

a-ma-zing ylang ylang/jasmine scent. i normally dont care for jasmine at all because i find it too heady and indole-y. lush manages to get the scent right. its not overpowering or unpleasant. (for those of you who normally cant stand jasmine, you know what i mean. give this one a try.) its the same jasmine scent as in flying fox shower gel, and the ylang ylang is the same as the scent in figs and leaves soap (my absolute fave.) they combine together to make a comforting floral.

the bath bomb is pretty strongly scented, so i break it in two along the seam by giving it a good whack on the edge of the tub while its still in the bag. half is enough to scent the water in my large tub. the scent is lingering on the skin for a few hours. it scents up the bathroom well into the next day. continued >>

LOVE!!!!!!! love love love. i loved the pink bath, and the nice, feminine smell. i will surely be repurchasing!

on 1/2/2007 11:18:00 PM

Ok, I see how this smell can be sexy to some but I found it WAY overpowering and heady. (I only used half the bomb). Both my bathroom and myself reeked like a cheap motel room for hours, my skin was left quite dry and I had a headache because of the stench. Did I mention that gooey excuse for a rose. Not my favorite.

on 11/24/2006 2:20:00 PM

I really liked this bath bomb. It was my first time to try Lush products and I was impressed. It made my bath water a pretty rose color and it smelled great. When the bomb stops fizzing, there is a cute rose left behind. I want to try other bath bombs in the future, it was a very relaxing experience.

on 11/6/2006 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is an example of clever naming to sell a product, much like NARS orgasm blush. The water was pink, smelled ok at first, and then...it turned a bit unpleasant. The ring around the tub wasn't bad at all. My skin was quite dry afterwards and I'm not one who soaks often.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a sucker for anything pink and girly, so it's easy to see why I like this. It turns the water a darker pink than Think Pink, and the scent is stronger. I usually prefer foody to floral scents, but it's tolerable.

on 6/13/2006 2:04:00 PM

I'm puzzled by the great reviews! "Sex Bomb" is a nice marketing ploy of a name to sell the product, but has nothing to do with the scent. OK, so maybe Joan Rivers may feel sexy and alluring after using it, but I didn't! Stong cheap old-lady perfumy smell. I used it in the early afternoon on my day off. My husband came home from work that evening and asked me why I had put on so much perfume. The lasting power of the scent was, sadly, incredible (indestructable?). Even the bright cloudy pink the bath water turns was a bit too much for me. And the rice paper rose was cute at first, but quickly turns into a shapeless floating blob, so the effect was lost on me. Think-Pink is much better!

on 6/11/2006 2:01:00 PM

One of my favorite Lush Bath Bombs- second only to the beautiful Youki-Hi. This bomb makes me feel unbelieveably sexy and sultry with the gorgeous water color and the intoxicating smell. This is perfection! I love this and I plan on buying many more by the truckload!

on 5/20/2006 10:43:00 PM

Definitely NOT worth the money. I was initially attracted by the "home made cosmetics" label assuming that the product is made from natural components. WRONG! It smells cheap and is nothing close to being organic. It did nothing to my skin. The water WAS pink and that would have probably gotten me a little more excited if I were in my early teens, but now...
I have to admit that watching the Bomb in action was kinda fun, but I am not paying $5 for this ever again.

Popular Bath Treatments