Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 8/18/2011 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I tried to use this stuff a few times over the years, just thought I needed to get used to it.
But it sucks.
The brush is too flimsy to get a neat line, and the product is too liquidy and sheer so I had to keep going over it, making it clump into little balls.
Terrible.
It also flaked like crazy, not even worth trying to wear it.
But I stuck with it, until I had enough money to buy higher end brands.

on 8/9/2011 12:33:00 AM

The brush was shorter so it was pretty easy to apply, but I thought it was kind of on the fat side so I found that it was harder to draw skinny lines. Prior to this, I had been using MAC's liquidlast and I was looking for a cheaper substitute, but this wasn't it. I didn't really care too much that the Ultra Liner wasn't as waterproof, but it flaked way too much for me to like it. Back to MAC, I guess.

on 8/4/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

There is very little that I like about this product. The brush is so flimsy and is very difficult to make a precise line. I have to go over and over it about 5 times to get the line to look right. It does seem to be fairly waterproof, but once this is dry, you can peel off the whole line like a sticker!! It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a makeup product. You can start peeling it at the end and just peel it off in one sheet. Very bizarre. After about 2-3 hours, this stuff looks terrible due to all the peeling and flaking off in big chunks. I'll continue to use it when I only need my makeup to look good for a couple of hours, but I would NEVER buy this again or recommend it to anyone.

on 7/20/2011 11:29:00 PM

This product cracks, HORRIBLY. I gave it an extra lippie just because it can be pretty decent when put over eyeshadow, but even then you can see some pieces coming out of it. For the price, I guess I didn't really waste my money, but definitely not repurchasing.

on 7/17/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I loved this, but after reading some of the comments, I think I'm starting to notice little things about it. One of the weird things I like is that it's shiny when it dries, so it reflects whatever I'm wearing (I was wearing a golden top today, and it had a golden sheen in it's shine!), and another is that it's so easy to apply. I have a really steady hand naturally, so I never have a problem with applying, but to those who do, this is NOT a good starting liner. Brush is a bit big for me, since I like a thin bottom line, but it's still great for the price. Wear this with any golden eyeshadow and it looks phenomenal :)

on 7/14/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Pretty good liner for the price. The brush wasn't that great, but rarely do I use the brush that comes with the product. Liner stayed in place all day and didn't smudge or flake

on 7/13/2011 3:51:00 PM

Didnt like this product. I bought it in black, i dont like the application brush it makes it hard for me to apply. Because i have a very shaky arm i guess.. It is waterproof but i have noticed that it comes off in little chunks :/ if i apply it before curling my eyelashes, the eyeliner will stick to my eyelash curler and come off which then i have to reapply and it looks awful. It might work for others but for me this product sucks !

on 7/9/2011 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like the color that this dries down to, but I detest the brush. It is not fine enough to be able to do what I need it to do. Also, the plug in the top keeps popping up on mine. I don't reach for it much anymore since I found the invention of gel liners LOL... but I do still use it occasionally for a super crisp liquid liner look.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the brush on this liner! It is not tapered but I actually love how the brush applies the eyeliner. It is pure jet black and stays on all day IF you don't bring it all the way into your inner tear duct. Then it flakes like crazy only around your inner tear duct. However, my eyes are smaller so I don't bring my eyeliner to my inner corner anyways since it would make my eyes look even smaller. I bring this eyeliner about 3/4 of the way in, then it doesn't flake.

on 7/5/2011 5:42:00 PM

This product is terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE. First, the brush looks nothing like it does on the package. The package claims the brush is tapered, but it is really just this weird, straight line of low-quality bristles. This makes for really imprecise coverage, and I would not have purchased the product in the first place if I had known what the brush really looked like.

Second, the eyeliner is NOT waterproof. After a couple of hours with it on, it flakes off and looks uneven and terrible. I have never had an eyeliner do that, not even really cheap ones. What a waste of $10. DO NOT BUY.