Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 9/27/2011 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is weird! First of all, it is waterproof, yet very easy to remove with an oil based eye make-up remover. It is black but actually has a beautiful shine to it, not tacky; it is surprisingly very pretty. Also, like many reviewers have mentioned, if you don't bring the liner all the way to your inner tear duct, it should stay flawless throughout the day. The brush won't be any good to those who are beginners with liquid liners. However, if you have a lot of experience, or you are just naturally talented, you can create a beautiful sleek thin cat line ;)

on 9/21/2011 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't mean to buy this liner in waterproof but i still find its very easy to remove. I used this liner alot a few years ago but drifted to other products and i just decided to return to it. It has a small felt tip which i love, i really can get a smooth straight line and get to my inner corners because the tip is small. It stays out ALL day with no fading. I have been using more expensive liners but i really find no need when this works just as well or better. Not a bad thing to say about this product.

on 9/18/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

have this in brown. don't have any complaints on the texture or the brush as i use it to fill in my lash line. the only thing i did not like was that after it dried, it would flake off in huge chunks. had to keep re-applying & i hadnt even left the house yet. not that great...

on 9/13/2011 3:18:00 AM

I love the way this applies and the glossy black finish. However, I can't stand that it is super flakey and chunks of it comes off during the day.

If anyone know of an liquid eyeliner that has a patent black finish and does not flake pm me!

on 8/18/2011 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I tried to use this stuff a few times over the years, just thought I needed to get used to it.
But it sucks.
The brush is too flimsy to get a neat line, and the product is too liquidy and sheer so I had to keep going over it, making it clump into little balls.
Terrible.
It also flaked like crazy, not even worth trying to wear it.
But I stuck with it, until I had enough money to buy higher end brands.

on 8/9/2011 12:33:00 AM

The brush was shorter so it was pretty easy to apply, but I thought it was kind of on the fat side so I found that it was harder to draw skinny lines. Prior to this, I had been using MAC's liquidlast and I was looking for a cheaper substitute, but this wasn't it. I didn't really care too much that the Ultra Liner wasn't as waterproof, but it flaked way too much for me to like it. Back to MAC, I guess.

on 8/4/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

There is very little that I like about this product. The brush is so flimsy and is very difficult to make a precise line. I have to go over and over it about 5 times to get the line to look right. It does seem to be fairly waterproof, but once this is dry, you can peel off the whole line like a sticker!! It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a makeup product. You can start peeling it at the end and just peel it off in one sheet. Very bizarre. After about 2-3 hours, this stuff looks terrible due to all the peeling and flaking off in big chunks. I'll continue to use it when I only need my makeup to look good for a couple of hours, but I would NEVER buy this again or recommend it to anyone.

on 7/20/2011 11:29:00 PM

This product cracks, HORRIBLY. I gave it an extra lippie just because it can be pretty decent when put over eyeshadow, but even then you can see some pieces coming out of it. For the price, I guess I didn't really waste my money, but definitely not repurchasing.

on 7/17/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I loved this, but after reading some of the comments, I think I'm starting to notice little things about it. One of the weird things I like is that it's shiny when it dries, so it reflects whatever I'm wearing (I was wearing a golden top today, and it had a golden sheen in it's shine!), and another is that it's so easy to apply. I have a really steady hand naturally, so I never have a problem with applying, but to those who do, this is NOT a good starting liner. Brush is a bit big for me, since I like a thin bottom line, but it's still great for the price. Wear this with any golden eyeshadow and it looks phenomenal :)

on 7/14/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Pretty good liner for the price. The brush wasn't that great, but rarely do I use the brush that comes with the product. Liner stayed in place all day and didn't smudge or flake