September 20, 2014 | 999 users online

Self Tanners - Bare Escentuals - Faux Tan

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must self-tan, especially in the summer.

I look at least ten years younger with "the glow," any my body is snow white without some color.

This product is good. I like that you can see where you've applied.

That written, I hate wearing gloves to apply self-tanner, and prefer towel type tanning. Gloves are just hideous and really change the application, in my opinion.

So that means I am washing my hands for ten minutes after using BE faux tan.

Yuck.

So why do I use it?

Well, I got suckered into a TSV with those HUGE sizes for a really good price, so now I have about two pounds here to use up . . . also, mixing it with moisturizer allows me to gradually build the tan, which I really need with my blue based skin.

Haven't tried that brush yet. Should I purchase it and it works as promised, this would be a great product.

Oh, the dry time is too long, imo. On the east coast with the humidity, don't put this on at night before going to bed, or you'll have product all over your sheets . . .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by handis

Oh, yes; finally I have found a great self tanner!! Smells like marzipan, makes my skin soft and beautifully tanned. And it dries quickly as well. How do they do it? All this great products from the same line; I <3 BE!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by heatherlfrank

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very shocked that I didn't love this product. I have used many self tanners before....I know all the rules about exfoliating, shaving, moisturizing (esp. knees, elbows and feet).....but this stuff was orange and streaky. I gave it several attempts. I'd let the streaks fade then I'd try again.....still orange and streaky. I applied it with gloves and I worked it into small areas at a time because I knew it dried quickly. Still streaked. I saw a youtube video and the guru said she only liked it on her face.....so I mixed it w/ my face moisturizer and that gave me a really nice even glow. It only lasts until I wash my face at night though when I mix it with lotion. So I loved it on my face (mixed w/ face lotion). I am not brave enough to try it on it's own on my face. I didn't have any break outs on my face and I have combo/oily skin. So then I thought, why don't I mix the faux tan with some unscented body lotion and see if that works on the rest of my body. Well, it still streaked and looked orange. So, I give up. I am keeping it to use on my face only....but I can't use it anywhere else. I just got St. Tropez bronzing mousse in the mail today and my first application to my legs, arms, shoulders and stomach looks flawless. Not a single streak.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by jilliane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The results are nice, but I wish I could say the scent doesn't bother me. It does start with a nice almond fragrance but morphs into that musty, dirty self tanner smell--not super strong, but strong enough where all I can think about is "I can't wait to shower!" I put it on before bed, but not RIGHT before I go to bed because then I'll be too tired and lazy, so there is a bit of time between application and actually falling asleep that I have to endure the smell..then in the morning through getting some coffee into me! The application is a bit difficult to because it DOES soak into the palms of your hands QUICK! the bottle recommended putting some SPF cream on your palms before hand to prevent it from staining your palms, which I did and it did help, but you seriously have to wash your hands a million times during application to really stop it from staining your palms. I think I need to move on to Clarins next!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the hunt for a good selftanner for the body and now I have found that works well for me.
The salesgirl gave me a sample first so I could try it out to se if I did like it, and how I reacted to it.
Most past selftanners have made me break out on the back and I hade one that I got an allergic reaction too.
But this was safe for me, I havn't had any breakouts or reactions to this.
I absolutly love the smell of this, hasn't that nasty selftanner smell, and gives a nice and natural tan.
It is expensive, but I got my online for half the price.
The only negative thing I have to say it that the tint clings to my skin too fast making it harder to apply even. If I leave it on for more that 5-6 sec. I get an uneven finish. So I have to apply a bodylotion first that helps to get it more even.
Use glowes, it is a must, I did once forget the glows and my hands looked crazy.
One thing that I do, is that i mix this with my creme the corpes to save some product and to make it last longer on my body. I do that every other day and maybe once a week I apply it full strenght.
I know some people are saying that it has an greenish tint to it and I agree it has. I have seen a green sheen applying it and on my glowes but never has it made me green.
BE doesn't recommend putting it on the face, I have tried it and it works for that too, maybe a little to thick but no breakouts.

Purified Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate (and) Peg-100 Stearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol (and) Tyrosine (and) Glucose, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Ascorbic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol,Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by trendyliu

I bought the QVC special promotion kit a month ago. This is the best self tanner i've tried so far. My routine: 1) shower, 2) scrub, 3) shave, 4) lotion, and finally, 5) self tanner. It's super easy to apply with the brush, leaves no streaks, and gives a very natural (non-jaundiced) tan. The results lasts for about 3 days. It doesn't stain clothes and the scent is pretty light and pleasant. The facial faux tan powder is not bad but it only gives me a bronzing glow, not a full on tan like the lotion. However, if I use the leftover lotion on the body brush and lightly buff my face with it before applying the tanning powder on my face, the results are great! it didn't cause me to break out either. definitely a must buy! The only thing to improve on i think is packaging. QVC's large tanning lotion comes with a screw cap and a free pump. I mistakenly threw away the screw cap after putting on the pump. Now, I don't know how to take it with me for travels. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by suggar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful ST. I have tried soooo many,the color looks so natural, it doesn't streak, the places you don't put it on seem to blend with the color you do put on, there aren't any drastic lines. I have vitligo, a condition which areas of your skin have no pigment, I also am pretty dark complected. This is the ONLY ST that blends my tones together and looks great on both skin tones (one has no pigment, very white, the other dark). I feel beautiful using this product and will definitely buy it again. It will save me hundreds of trips to the tanning salon and probably keep my skin looking years younger because I won't be going to the tanning bed as much :)

Only con (which is significant for me so I gave this stuff a 4) is that I used it on my face and broke out like a teenager on prom night. I tried it twice, both times had as serioussss reaction on my face. But for body use, its definitely my #1 choice now. Just make sure to test it on your face before applying all over like I did!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by RedStiletto

I love this self tanner! I love that its tinted, so i can see where i am applying the product. This is one of the few self tanners that gives me a true "back from the beach" tan. I also love the fact that there is almost no smell to the product, so i can wear it during the day without having to worry about being smelly. I was slightly freaked out the first time i applied the product, because the tint stained my hand (only for the first two hours, even with scrubbing the heck out of them.. ) so i now where surgical gloves to prevent the problem!! Overall.. i LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, this summer I decided that I was going to put forth the effort it takes to get a nice fake tan. I am fair-skinned. Not the whitest out there but still fair. Let me tell you- this stuff is WONDERFUL! One application gets me pretty tan. Everyone at work thought I went to the beach after spring break when I just hung out at my sister's house in the country. If you want this to look good it takes a little time but it is worth it IMO. I exfoliate using a Buff Puff. Remember those, ladies? I know it is old school, but they work and it is a lot cheaper than buying top quality exfoliaters for your body. I save those for my face! So everyone knows to exfoliate before self tanning but I also use gloves, which I think is very helpful. After I remove my gloves I use a cotton pad with a little self tanner on it and do the tops of my hands, so they look bronze as well. This stuff gets pretty dark on me, and I don't want the "cut off" at the wrist line. I also mix this with a small amount of lotion and put it all over my neck. No streaks, no blochiness. I love this stuff!!!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by abbyreich

Oh the trials and tribulations of the self tanner! I just purchased BE Faux Tan last week when it was on QVC and tried it last night for the first time and couldn't believe the results when I woke up this morning! Very nice and golden tan, not orangey at all. I'm pretty fair, blond, but do tan easily, and this looks like I just got back from vacation. I used the brush that came in the QVC TSV and it worked awesome. No streaking, and no product on my hands. The smell was great and just lingered for 5 minutes, then I didn't notice anything at all. I showered, exfoliated, shaved, then moisturized after the shower, then put Faux Tan on. I really like this product and will continue to use. I've used every Fake Tanning lotion out there, and this one is by far the best. I just got a spray tan at the tanning salon and of course it was blothcy and horrible, and faux tan evened it out! Didn't get on my nightgown either!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No