August 1, 2014 | 1514 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Oil Slick Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2004 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Emerentia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oil Slick soon became a fetish, I never leave home for a good night out without it. I use a black shade under and then put it on blended with a bit waterbased moisturiser, to make it stay on all night. Together with my Nouba Millibacci psycadelicly red lipstick I have a make up that I donīt have to worry about till dawn. Unfortunatly Iīve dropped the box so now itīs like an eye dust, and you have to be very careful when you open the box, or the glitter grains is all over you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Rose9543

I wear this everyday and put a light cream glitter shadow over it to lighten it up, otherwise it is too dark. I am pale, so maybe that is why it looks very dark. It is nice though, nice packaging. It is in the shape of a subway token. Very cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2004 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Cinmun226

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The way to use this so that it doesn't budge or crease all night is with Visine. Put a drop of Visine in your hand, lightly dip your eyeshadow brush in it, then dip it in your Oil Slick and apply. It will stay put, and look beautiful and sparkly as intended, without migrating to under your eyes or to other parts of your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2004 9:18:00 AM More reviews by shers

I find Jane's Clubbing to be much better than Oil Slick. Oil Slick barely shows up on me AND it creases very very quickly. It was a waste of my money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Astyra

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the new (and not so good, IMO) version of Oil Slick, which is black with silver shimmer as opposed to the old rainbow glitter. Has very good pigment, but it's very similar to some other e/s that I already own, such as MAC Black Tied and the sparkly black from Chanel's Euphoria quad. I wonder why they decided to change the color of this. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 10:47:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

Black eyeshadows can be really tricky. I love this one because it contains glitter, even though my brush doesn't pick it up so it stays in the box. I love to use 'oil slick' to make my eyes go from neutral and subtle to sexy and dramatic. They're great for lining your eyes as well, but I prefer to use them at the outer corner of my eyelids and up the crease. 'Oil Slick' looks good blended with almost any color, but I really like the effect when I wear it with "Shotgun".

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 11:15:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yikes, I can't see the rainbow sparkles on my eyes but I can see tons of them in the pan. It's not a very good liner for me because somehow my brush doesn't pick the color up too well. Forget about buying this unless it comes in your face case!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2004 4:08:00 PM More reviews by spyderfly10

Absolutely adore this color. Works with any color and great as a liner. Black with multi-color sparkles. It’s hard to find, but once bought, will love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2004 1:09:00 PM More reviews by shoechic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on ebay for only $7.99. I also bought grifter (which I love), and spare change. These are very nice. Looks a lot more "glittery" in the pan then on your eyes. Will continue to try this with different colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 1:34:00 AM More reviews by glorylight4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a nice shadow, but it's really expensive. It's basically a black shadow with glitter in it. It's hard to apply. The shadow in the container looks super-glittery, but once it's on you, the shade looks pretty much flat and glitter-less. And the small amount of glitter you do manage to get on, ends up all over your face during application and during the day. This shadow also creases on me. I've heard that older versions of this had rainbow glitter, so I haven't tried that. I'm reviewing the silver glitter version. I'm going to try to work with this shadow some more to see if I can do something about it...if not, I'm returning it to Sephora.