November 26, 2014 | 1524 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by susiej

I have a bit of a thing against lipsticks as oversized pencils/crayons. I have no explanation why other than that I am a bit of a lipstick bullet purist! So I resisted the Chubby Sticks for a long time- purely because I could always find something that I fancied a bit more. I actually remember them from the first time around when they were not self sharpening and were not as significant a success. But with a few tweaks and a nifty marketing campaign they really took off with the relaunch and I could only resist for so long.

First colour I bought was-
*Mighty Mimosa. It's a very girly warm toned pink with gold shimmers through it. It's nice- it's sheer but definitely shows up on me and is a nice daywear shade for spring/summer.
I then received Whole Lotta Honey and Woppin Watermelon as gifts.

*Whole Lotta Honey is my favourite of the lot- it's a shimmer free, honey toned brown colour that goes on sheer but gives a polished nude result.

*Woppin Watermelon is my least favourite. It's a cool toned sheer pink. Again shimmerless. It has the least 'complexity' of the shades I own and is also probably the sheerest with the poorest colour payoff.

These are billed as moisturising lip products and whilst they don't dry my lips or feel uncomfortable on- I wouldn't describe them as hydrating. Just normal as far as lipsticks go. The formula itself feels soft and lightweight, more like a balm. A really good choice if you hate heavy products on the lips. Also probably a nice choice for school or occasions when less is more with your makeup. Lasting power is average- about two-three hours on me. Which is perfectly acceptable for a sheer lipstick.

I am still not crazy about the pencil thing- it is functional enough but a bit deceptive. You think you are getting loads of product but when you wind it up to the max it looks like very little. It is infact 3g which is a bit less than the average lipstick. I have also run them down pretty quickly.
Repurchase is shade dependent for me- I'd buy Whole Lotta Honey again for sure because I do love it, the others are so so.

All in all, they are nice but at that price point it is probably worth asking yourself if you would prefer a MAC (two quid cheaper, 3g) a NARS (two quid more expensive, 3.4g) or a couple of drugstore lipsticks. When you put it like that- I am not sure how often the Chubby Sticks win out over the competition.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Far too sheer. I can tell these need re-applying frequently so a fail for me. Gave my GWP away after trying it once, which is rare for me as I normally love Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Heart433

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I heard Clinique was THE place to buy chubby stick, so I bought two pink shades. They are nicely semi-opaque and glossy, moisturizing and apply smoothly. The only sad low point is their staying power of about an hour and a half :( which is so much shorter than a good lipstick or a stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by emblain

I love chubbys!!! So moisturising with brilliant colour and shine!!! I want all of the colours ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by liladenia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Love this stuff!

It moisturizes my lips without being sticky. It's formula is light, but moisture enough =).

Sometimes i use this in my night time, when i'm traveling, for practice use (i brought it in travel size) or when i run out my vitamin e oil but haven't bought them yet (sometimes i forgot to restock my vitamin, hahaha)

It has pigmented colour. The colour is not matte, but not too shiny either. Just make your lips glows in a right way.

Love the packaging. Make it easy to use (doesn't like lipstick packaging, we dont have to spin it everytime we want to use it)

I have this in mega melon, super strawberry and woppin watermelon. Woppin watermelon is just too sheer for me, so i just use it for colour base under the other colours if i want a different colour from them (wear them in layers). Love super strawberry and mega melon! Lovely colour.

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by redbloodlips

Absolutely amazing product I own these chubbys in chunky cherry (a sheer warm red color) and mega melon. They are my favorite lip product to wear over spring and summer they glide on your lips so easily and are surprisingly quite pigmented, and they leave my lips feeling so smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

I got this in the shade 10 Bountiful Blush. I absolutely love this colour balm! I think it really delivers on its' moisturizing claim, becuase I never drink enough water and therefore my skin and lips are always dry; this really keeps my lips feeling smooth and hydrated. I also love the color because it's MLBB. I guess I have the newer packaging which has the solid metal top, not the clear one and even though it is pretty chubby, I think it is still very portable and easy to throw in my bag. I love how there are no extravagant claims on this product, it says what it does and it does what it says. I think shade 10 is perfect for someone who doesn't want their lips to look washed out, but if you have very pigmented lips, this may not work for you. Since my lips tend to look washed out if I just wear a lip balm or a clear gloss, Bountiful Blush provides the perfect amount of color. Also, I swatched a bunch of the other colors while I was at Sephora, and it looks like even the more intense colors can be sheered out very nicely if youw ant more of a flushed look rather than the dark vampy red lip trend that's goin around now. Another plus to this, is that my lips tend to be a little flaky and so I always exfoliate them in the morning; I find that I don't need to with this product because it doesn't cling to the dry patches. In fact, I think it actually minimizes their appearance! And for the price; I've tried many drugstore balms (Covergirl, Burtsbees, etc.) but none of those truly feel as nice on my lips as Clinique's does. Overall, bravo Clinique for this wonderful product, I'll be sure to go out and try some darker shades!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by CeeTe3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product, it keeps my lips moist. I have 14 Curvy Candy, and it's quite a pretty pink color. It gives my lips a nice soft effect, and lasts long (as long as I don't rub it or wipe it). I would definitely buy this again, but I'd get a darker shade next time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by r2can2

I have the Woppin' Watermelon and I LOVE the formula! I probably went too light on the shade, but it definitely keeps my lips moist w/ a hint of color. Just waiting on using up this tube, and getting a different shade next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by redlucy07

I got this in Heftiest Hibiscus which is a really lovely bright coral orange. I think it would look great on most people but is probably best suited to medium or dark skin tones. It is really very bright and quite pigmented. The staying power is quite good as long as you aren't eating or drinking anything - forget it if you are. I find that I can wear this without a lipbalm underneath as the formula is quite nice and creamy and moisturizing, not as moisturizing as a balm but more so than a regular lipstick. I love the packaging, think it's gorgeous, and like that it comes in a twist-up pencil so that no product need be wasted by sharpening. I think the range of shades is very good too. I rated it four stars instead of five because I think the staying power could be slightly better and that it is a bit expensive.