April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

I have the shade Plumped Up Pink, which I believe is LED. It's lovely and sheer but fairly buildable, and I love that the formula isn't drying. It's actually quite moisturizing when layered over a thin layer of lip balm. And of course, the crayon-style applicator is not only fun and completely adorable, but also super convenient. The only thing I would change about the Chubby Sticks is their slight lack of pigmentation.
Overall, everyone should have at least one of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Mega Melon and love it. It is sheer, but creamy and very moisturizing to my lips. It is a perfect, fun
summer color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Lanessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to start with saying that I am not a lipstick wearer. I find lipstick to look unnatural on my face, plus my excessively oily skin makes products not last long, and I hate the drying effect of lipstick. But I love the look right now of a stronger lip, so with the advice of a make-up artist, I bought this product.
The colour is sheer but gives just a beautiful hit of colour for those of us preferring a more natural look. Very similar to a lip balm, I love the #12 Oversized Orange and #04 Mega Melon. Needs to be re-applied but will not dry out your lips and looks natural. This product will forever be in my make-up bag to add a bit of colour to my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by youcancallmekatie

I always wanted to try this, and one day when I walked past the Clinique counter, I decided to purchase it. It comes in a cute little crayon-like pencil with a silver top that twists out more product. The consistency is like a balm, not like a lipstick. I'm not a big fan of lipsticks, and I love stains but hate how they aren't moisturizing, so this chubby stick is the perfect in between! It's pigmented, so it adds color, and it's buildable. I love how it's moisturizing, and it doesn't need a balm with it. Also, there are some super cute colors! I recommended it as the perfect union of a balm/stain/lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by crsiqueira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this lipstick, because it stays on for a while and moisturizes my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by DIVA24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed! I want every color. The lipstick container is short and chubby (so cute) and goes on almost like a lip balm would, with a sheer punch of pink. It is the happy medium between lip gloss/lip stick/chap stick

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am really surprised by all the hype over this product! While the color payoff is sheer and the hues are lovely I found this had a waxy consistency which actually highlighted my dried out lips. Living in Calgary Canada it is one of the driest places on earth and I found this gave me little moisture and had very little staying power. I am sticking with my Fresh Sugar lip stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Filledelavanille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I got my chubby stick as a gift in the colour "Mega Melon", a nice, coral-ish shade.
The stick is really easy to apply, if you know the contours of your lips you don't need a mirror. So it's quick and easy.The fact that it looks like a crayon is also just darn cute. ;)
When it comes to its moisturizing properties, I must say that my Chanel lipstick is much better.
But still, it's hydrating enough for my long hours in the hospital (dry air!) as an intern and also it's very subtle...it's just a hint of colour, no glitter. It makes me look well groomed, without looking like I'm actually wearing make up.
So, for me, this is a great product for working days.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on really heavy duty medications my whole life due to the fact I've been very ill since a kid so my lips are horribly dry and sensitive! I started using Clinique's chubby sticks probably like 4 years ago. I love the idea of adding color to my lips without drying them out so when I saw this advertised somewhere I was exciting to see if there anything like what they claim. The two colors I have are super strawberry and pudgy peony and I love them both I don't think I could choose a fav since they are two very different colors for different looks. I find other non drying lip products as the years go on but not for the price of these babes so for a decent pigmentation and hydration pay off these are great. They actually live up to what they claim! Thanks Clinique

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by TereH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

There may be better products out there for some folks, but I have such severe allergies to fragrance that I am limited to Clinique. Even other so-called hypo-allergenic brands have a masking fragrance and my eyes will water and my head ache from the smell. I like Clinique's glosswear and super balm, but I LOVE the Chubby Sticks because I don't need a lip liner (although sometimes I might use one for effect or to anchor the color longer), can apply these without a mirror, they soften and treat my lips, their colors are like my lips only better, and they don't smell at ALL. I have several that I use in combination. I look best in blue-based colors. If I need a deeper darker color, I layer chunky cherry over graped-up. If I want brighter color, I use Super Strawberry and/or Pudgy Peony. And if I want a nude color for work, I use Bountiful Blush, without sacrificing the red in my lips, and maybe slip some Super Strawberry over it. Clinique has done a better job with its nude colors lately, such as Black Honey almost lipstick and creamstick blush - nudes don't have to be brown or peachy entirely. What I like about Chubby Sticks is that I get color without stickiness or tackiness, the product absorbs into my lips and when the color is gone my lips still feel soft. Whenever a product can do dual duty as treatment/skin care and makeup, it's a plus, because I can't buy drug store brands. If it weren't for Clinique, I couldn't wear makeup at all.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No