August 1, 2014 | 1716 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I got this as a gift from a friend in the shade "Super Strawberry". It was a full-sized product ridiculously priced at $16 plus tax at where I live. The shade was WAYYY to dark for my fair skin, but besides that, there are other pros and cons:3
PROS:
SPECTACULAR color payoff
Nice, portable packaging
Cute Crayon-like design

CONS:
DRYING!!!!
No scent ;( I actually like scent in a lipstick!
DARK! (This is more personal preference)
The price!!

Unfortunately, the cons outweigh the pros for me. I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice. They give lovely colour!! they're quite dry though. They last for hours and you can't feel them on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a confession..I ABSOLUTELY HATE lipsticks and lipglosses, although they look so gorgeous on any woman. They all feel horrible. Very waxy feeling, very "Im wearing something on my lips" feeling. I can't go living my life so bothered by the feeling of having sticky lip glosses...even the "non-sticky" lipglosses/lip sticks bother me so much! I have a collection of different lipsticks, and I end up not using them at all just because I hate the feeling of any lip products!!! (Except lip balms) So even though they look amazing, I gave up on all lip products with shine or color. It was really too bad for me as I think lip products transform the look and make one instantly polished.

So I was searching for a lipbalm and found these from Clinique...I was thinking heck, I'll try it on, I'll probably not bother purchasing. Then I swipe once, I see bold color. I keep swiping it all over and I don't even feel a single thing on my lips, yet when I look in the mirror the color is there!!! I don't even feel that I have any lip balm and it looks so great. Only $19, I will be purchasing these FOREVER.

Thanks to these chubby sticks I can wear lip color again without being bothered by how it feels on my lips :) So Ladies, if you are one of those who hate lip makeup then please please please give these a try.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by PureSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is something I just purchased to get enough value to get the free GWP. Let me tell you, I really enjoy this product. I have it in 02 "Whole Lotta Honey" and it's like a my lips but better shade and it's perfect. I'm very pale and this isn't too dark on me but it has just enough color to really accentuate my natural lip color. Nothing flashy, just perfect. For the people saying it's not moisturizing, it's not really THAT moisturizing.... but it does remain slightly wet on the lip for a long time unless you are a constant talker/lip licker or drink and eat a lot while wearing this then you shouldn't have an issue. As for the price? Woah, totally out of my range. I'm conservative with my make up. I usually go for the cheaper drug store brands like covergirl and maybelliene. Then e.l.f. and wet 'n' wild for my eye products. 16 dollars was too much for me....but then again I'm in love with this.

Pros:
Sheer buildable coverage
Nice texture
Clean, simplistic but edgy packaging
No smells or fragrance added
No taste
Love the crayon type application
Gorgeous nude color that pays off nicely on the lips
Doesn't dry out my lips

Cons:
Price - 16 USD
Not a lot of product if you're going to apply it many times per day
Bulky for a lip product

P.s. I've also tried Whoppin Watermelon because my meme had it as a GWP and it also had a nice soft color that's very cute. I prefer my shade though. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel like these are a mediocre product. They smell like old crayons and dried my lips out. The colors are nice but are not worth the price. I will definetely stick with the Neutrogena dupes of these. The Neutrogena ones are moisturizing!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Bloodrush192

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this stick in mighty mimosa, it's a vibrant pink color that goes on sheer but can be more intense with repeated applications. I find it does a great job of giving my lips a hint of color along with some moisturizing (especially these cold winter days!! -40 is not nice on the lips!) It does last quite a bit before I do have to apply again. It's slightly expensive for what you get but compared to what else is out there it is on the lower end of the price scale. Lots of nice colors and I'll try another color once I run out of this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely my favorite lip color/product!

I have the following shades:
Two Ton Tomato
Chunky Cherry
Mighty Mimosa
Mega Melon

Moisturizing, especially when paired with a lip balm underneath, and the color lasts a long time. Perfection by Clinique.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this one in Whole Lotta Honey. It is a neutral pinky brown shade that goes on very sheer. The moisturization power is so-so, and it doesn't last very long. I do like the "pencil" as you twist up from the bottom and there is no sharpening. I have very pigmented lips so this color does show a little hint of color but I don't find myself reaching for this at all. I think these balms would probably be better for someone who has relatively hydrated lips and not much pigment to them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by iheartowls55

Chubby stick is the bomb. I love this stuff. When I first got it in a free gift with purchase when it first came out, I hated it. I rediscovered it a few months ago, though, and now it's one of my favorite lip products. It adds moisture and color at the same time. I find applying a little bit of very moisturizing balm right before I apply the chubby stick really helps the product to glide on smoothly. It also comes in an awesome array of colors. The only negative is the price. It's pretty expensive for what it is. I mean, it's great, but it's still just a lip product, and there are lots of great ones at the drugstore, for drugstore prices. I'll re-purchase, but I can't afford to stock up on all the colors the way I'd like.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I freakin' LOVE the chubby stick! I wasn't intending to purchase a lip colour when I went to Clinique the other day, but the sales lady insisted on trying it on me. She first tried a light pink shade but said I needed some more "pop". She chose #15 (Pudgy Peony), a fuchsia. I was like, "No way! Way too bright!" but it looked fantastic with my skin tone. It was a little pricey ($20 CAD), but worth it. I love that it's moisturizing, too - I'm a chapstick fiend! It also has great staying power and I just reapply after I eat or when my lips are feeling dry.
Great product! There's quite a lot in the tube (It looks like a big crayon) and I'll definitely repurchase!