LUSH Trichomania bar

3.4

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Creamed Coconut (Cocos nucifera), Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamide DEA, Soya Lecithin, Perfume, Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)

on 4/13/2008 5:41:00 PM

Love this bar so much-- the smell, the lather, the way it makes me hair shine after. I'm a curly girl who also colors and flatirons once a week so I need something gentle and conditioning for every day. I prefer this over the Curly Wurly shampoo that LUSH makes mainly because the bits in Curly Wurly get trapped in my thick hair. This is a DREAM to travel with-- just toss my tin in my bag and go!

on 4/12/2008 12:29:00 PM

I absolutely hated this shampoo. It said it was moisturizing, so I purchased it for my mom and grandma. They never used it, so I took it, and now I know why. When I used it, my hair was so dry, I had to use the conditioner I use after I color my hair. I was so surprised, because I really like LUSH's shampoos.

Maybe mine was from a bad batch or something, but this was the worst shampoo I've ever used. It felt like it sucked all the moisture out of my hair instead of putting more back in. This is my least favorite of all the stuff I've used at LUSH, and will not be buying it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I used this on holiday in Turkey, where the heat made my hair feel really dry and brittle. Trichomania was able to put moisture back in my hair whith a lovely coconut scent.

on 2/12/2008 8:52:00 PM

This was a disaster for me. I used this while on a vacation/business trip in Vegas. I love Lush's stuff so trying a new product (to me) for the first time was no worries. I must have used too much. I must have not rinsed well enough but it really left my hair looking like a grease pit. Seriously. Like I had smeared a brick of butter into my hair and then tried to wash it out with only water. I don't know what happened but I had to use hotel shampoo to remove it! not nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Works **WONDERS** for my dry, long & curly hair. best schampoo I've ever used! LOVE the scent. This is perfection for dry hair!

on 1/28/2008 12:48:00 AM

I found that this product was great for my dry hair. It left my hair soft and smelling great. At first i was worried that the bar would be difficult to lather but that was not a problem at all. The shampoo alone leaves my hair with a great coconut scent (and after leaving the bar on the bathroom counter over night, the scent filled the whole room) but my hair smelled even better after using the coolaulin conditioner with it. I definitely suggest this for anyone with dry hair.

on 1/16/2008 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love how the product comes in a rustic hunk. Love the coconut smell (I'm a coconut fanatic of all varieties). The price was a bit scary but I'm confident the $28 I spent on it will last a long time. I keep it in a tupperware in my shower. A quick swipe on top of my soaking hair lathers nicely and doesn't strip and leave it "squeaky clean." I would love to find a nice moisturizing Lush conditioner to go with it though. I want something coconut. Hmm.

on 12/24/2007 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have medium-short, fine, curly, unprocessed, dry hair. Over the years I have used many different shampoos and conditioners. Some were better than others, but none really made all that much difference in the appearance of my hair - until now. I recently started using both Trichomania bar shampoo and Coolaulin conditioner. I have had great hair days every day since switching. I'm getting a lot of curl, no frizz, nice shine. My hair feels soft and smooth.

I lather up the shampoo bar in my hands first, then rub it into my wet hair. The lather is unbelievable. Next I rinse out the shampoo, apply a nice blob of conditioner, comb it through my hair, and leave on for a few minutes while finishing my shower. I have quite a stash of hair gels, but it doesn't seem to make a difference which I use anymore - great hair no matter what. After applying gel, I let my hair dry naturally, fluff it a bit, and spritz on a little hair spray.

I am putting this review in both the shampoo and conditioner categories because I don't think either product would be as fabulous alone as they are together. I am so in love with these products.

on 12/3/2007 12:55:00 AM

I like this a lot more than Curly Wurly, as far as curly hair shampoos go. It lathered quite well (yes, I know that isn't really important, but I like it, it helps me know if I have put enough on my head.) The scent is a soft coconut, and was faintly detectable once my hair dried. Will definitely repurchase, this is the only Lush hair cleanser that left my hair reasonably soft.

on 8/26/2007 3:17:00 PM

This is supposed to be the replacement for my beloved gentle lentil. I suppose in terms of moisturizing qualities and lather yes, it does replace gentle lentil. However, it just isn't quite as good. This does lather nicely and it does not dry out my hair. I guess that is the important part. A bar seems to last forever of this. While I like it and will use it if I can't get ahold of a chunk of gentle lentil, it is not my prefered solid shampoo.

I do like the truckles better than the formed disks though. This does not dry out my scalp like the compressed SLS noodle disks that lush offers.

Top Rated LUSH Products